An… Alternative View of The Traveler

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, June 05, 2013, 19:23 (3986 days ago)
edited by Ragashingo, Wednesday, June 05, 2013, 19:31

I was watching a movie I had not seen for some time that featured a massive alien artifact, known as The Traveler, which devastated the Earth, and multiple Earth stations and space ships in its search for certain life forms. Obviously the name The Traveler brought our own scuffed up ball of fun to mind so I thought I'd share pictures of this alternate Traveler and see if anyone had any comments.

Here it is:

[image]

A description from a website puporting to be a reference of all things about this other scifi universe had this to say of this Traveler:

Memory Alpha:
The novelization of Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home refers to the Whale Probe as "The Traveler" (not to be confused by the humanoid from Tau Alpha C also referred to as The Traveler).

I suppose there are now more things not to confuse it with! It apparently has the ability to neutralize virtually any power source and can effect massive planetary weather shifts. I wonder if our Traveler can do similar?

Also…

Do you think Destiny might feature any whales? :P

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread