The "search for way too many chests" quest. *SP* (Destiny)

by slycrel ⌂, Thursday, September 17, 2015, 15:59 (3180 days ago)

The last thing I did was finish the sword quest last night. I haven't used my sword yet, really looking forward to it!

It takes 25 hadium flakes and 10 motes of light. Shaxx won't tell you it's done, you have to go to him with that stuff. The sword will be 220, but I infused it up to 272 with 3 blue HMG's I hadn't yet sharded. He lets you choose what element, which is nice -- I chose arc. Thanks to DogCow for figuring out how many items until done last night.

The "search for way too many chests" quest. *SP*

by Funkmon @, Thursday, September 17, 2015, 16:01 (3180 days ago) @ slycrel

Supposedly when you infuse it up to 280+, you get another step to turn it into an exotic. *shrug*

What was your farming route?

by ProbablyLast, Thursday, September 17, 2015, 16:31 (3180 days ago) @ Funkmon

Confirmed, I put mine at 285 and have the next step.

by HavokBlue, California, Thursday, September 17, 2015, 17:03 (3180 days ago) @ Funkmon

Also confirming the next step happens at 285.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, September 17, 2015, 16:09 (3180 days ago) @ slycrel

I pondered over what element to get for a long time and ultimately went with Void. My thinking was I can only attack one element but get to choose two to defend against. Far more heavy hitting arc and solar attacks plus I'll cut clean through jerk teleporting Minotaurs. (Once I unlock the defense perk...)

Where do you find hadium flakes?

by Monochron, Thursday, September 17, 2015, 16:33 (3180 days ago) @ slycrel

I feel like I'm missing something obvious here, but I'm wandering around the Dreadnaught looking for those damn flakes. Are they in chests? Do you get them for killing dudes? Court of Oryx hasn't produced any...?

by ProbablyLast, Thursday, September 17, 2015, 16:35 (3180 days ago) @ Monochron

You get one per chest you open on the Dreadnaught. You can find farming routes on YouTube.

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Thursday, September 17, 2015, 16:42 (3180 days ago) @ Monochron

I feel like I'm missing something obvious here, but I'm wandering around the Dreadnaught looking for those damn flakes. Are they in chests? Do you get them for killing dudes? Court of Oryx hasn't produced any...?

They're in chests. Find a Nightstalker to roll with and you'll have them in no time ;)

-Disciple

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, September 17, 2015, 17:01 (3180 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

They're in chests. Find a Nightstalker to roll with and you'll have them in no time ;)

-Disciple

The Keen Scout perk made that so much easier. Plus I found a lot of wormspore and a few other goodies.

Alternative

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Thursday, September 17, 2015, 17:35 (3180 days ago) @ bluerunner

Use that nice pulse rifle from the Gunsmith which gives you enhanced radar after a kill.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread