So I am super excited now.

by petetheduck, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 08:21 (3943 days ago) @ Beckx

I loved the gameplay reveal. Would write more about that, but too pressed for time to write anything coherent.

So do we know much about the solo-capabilities of each class? Due to my odd gaming hours and such I tend to pick solo-capable classes so that I can drop in, have some fun, and not worry about whether a group is available (Mages in EQ, Warlocks in WoW). Do we know anything about this yet?

Kudos to everyone at Bungie. It was the best live demo of the show, by far. The best part? That Jones' player got killed, showing it was a real playthrough - not that dreadfully dull BF4 playthrough earlier in the day.

The general impression is that Jones' death was scripted--he died on purpose, to demonstrate the reviving ability to players. I think that's why the "Jones NoooOOOOooOoooo" line was so amusing--it seemed rehearsed.

The trend in FPS demonstrations is to run through a huge scripted moment that is as ridiculous and action packed as possible. Graphics! Explosions!

This demonstration seemed like it took the time to demonstrate gameplay elements and concepts. The action was almost downplayed by Bungie--the AI looked like it was on easy mode. I felt like I came away with a sense of the core elements of the game, instead of the feeling that I had just sat through the trailer for Hollywood's summer blockbuster war movie.

-

The Warlocks had some pretty sweet attacks, so I'm definitely interested to learn what abilities the Hunters and Titans have to compensate.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread