*OT* Thoughts on the now-over Battlefront Beta (Gaming)

by tadboz, Fort Collins, CO, Friday, October 16, 2015, 02:16 (3126 days ago)

Who among us played it? What did you think?

I went into it mildly jazzed for the prospect of a decent Star Wars game. I came out more excited for it than any other game this year, including both Destiny and Halo. Basically, as long as I get Battlefront, the Taken King and Halo 5 are icing on the cake. Am I alone? For full disclosure, SW was the all-consuming fandom of my childhood.

To be fair, I thought it would be re-skinned Battlefield 4. While my expectations on that front were betrayed, I actually found that I liked how it was slightly less complicated. The only Battlefield feature I missed was marking targets for others (especially on Hoth; goddamn winter camo bullshit). Also, DICE's attention to detail is superb. Those white turret things at Echo Base? In the movie, the beam effect when they fire is drawn whitish-green a split second before it changes to a normal red blaster bolt. In the beta, they preserved that. Mind. Blown.

Can't wait to enjoy the full game. I just hope they put Walker Assault on more planets! And on that note, I noticed a lot of people complaining about how that mode is really hard to win as the rebels. Well... duh. The Battle of Hoth as-presented in the game is already toned down. If we were being movie-accurate, the rebels would have the regular 20-player team, while the empire would have like 100. *Puts on Bane voice* THEN you have my permission to complain.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread