A quick note from the front line.

by ncsuDuncan @, Wednesday, June 12, 2013, 03:10 (3963 days ago)

DBO Community,

First, I'd like to start with an apology. I feel like I've been neglecting all of you these past two days and haven't given the front page (or the Vanguard Report) the attention it deserves in such a news-heavy time as this. This is my first E3 and I've done a poor job of finding time (and a stable internet connection) for writing news posts.

Hopefully I've got things figured out for day two. The DBO team here definitely has all of you in mind and we're trying to put together some great content for your enjoyment.

A few (non-news) tidbits from my trip so far:
- As of now, I've watched five live demos of Destiny (including the Sony conference) and each time things played out slightly differently and I learned something new.
- I met Jason Jones - and found him surprisingly chatty! Pete Parsons was also very easy to talk to. Hell, pretty much every Bungie employee here (and there are a ton) has been super friendly and happy to put up with the DBO crew loitering around while they work.
- I have a couple E3-edition Destiny shirts to give away in a future contest, so keep an eye out for that.
- Chris Butcher came up to me and said, "Duncan? As in, ncsuDuncan? I'm a fan of your work." (Well shucks, Chris, I suppose I'm a fan of your work as well.)
- You haven't really experienced the E3 live demo until you've had it narrated by DeeJ using his British accent from the Bungie Community Theater (Theatre?) videos. The man has a thousand voices in his head, so if you ever meet him be sure to request a few Schwarzenegger lines.
- I met Tiger Man! Well, John Stvan. Surprisingly, he doesn't wear the Tiger Man makeup on a daily basis.
- The LA convention center is a black hole from which no decent wi-fi or 4G signal emerges. The food court offerings are mediocre and super expensive. None of that matters, because this place is amazing and I can't wait to tell you more about what it's like.

That's it for now. Time for me to grab a quick four hours of sleep before heading back to the convention center.

Cheers, Duncan.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread