A new level of heartbreak... (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, December 03, 2015, 15:52 (3064 days ago) @ Mid7night

Jumped in with Peaksutah, Vortech, and the rest of their group to take a crack at the Heroic mode challenge with one of my alts last night. There were a few bumps in the road reaching the War Priest, but we got there eventually. After a few wipes on the Warpriest himself, we finally got a good run going. After 2 damage rounds, the boss was down to a sliver of health. We started the final attack round, and our buff-holder couldn't find an add to kill. "No problem", I thought to myself... "the buff will transfer to someone else and we'll finish this". Except it was a problem, because the buff transferred to me, and I had already held it on the previous attack round.

"That's a wipe" I said.

Nobody heard me.

The boss fell to the sound of cheers and congratulations... then a few puzzled comments, such as "did it work?" and "I don't think it worked!".

Then everyone realized what had happened, and the sadness hit. Such a bummer.

Still not as bad as when Kalamari died 7 seconds before we defeated Atheon on an otherwise successful Flawless Raider attempt ;)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread