Your First Character in Destiny

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 17:17 (3978 days ago)
edited by INSANEdrive, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 17:48

In the videoBungie E3 2013 Day 1: ReCap we get to see our fellow Depends-wearing DBO Overlords (who happen to be masters of mercy) get asked (abit - not directly in the video) "What is going to be your first character in Destiny?"

Since Bungie go the ball roll'n, I figure to direct it here and see where it goes. (Its an inevitable topic anyway - likely to be repeated as more information trickles out.) At this point, Who do you think you are going to start off as? Why?

Just in case- Race: [Humans] [Awoken] [Exo] Guardian Class: [Hunter] [Warlock] [Titan]

by Phoenix_9286 @, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 17:23 (3978 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Toss up between Hunter and Warlock. Leaning towards Hunter. I'm not picking a race until I know much, much more about them. I'm not even set on gender yet. Female Hunters look awesome.

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 17:35 (3978 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

My heart is saying Exo Warlock (Robo-Gandalf FTW!!!) but, I gotta admit, that Titan SPACE MAGIC SMASH looks super fun. Probably go Titan for a second character.

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 17:40 (3978 days ago) @ INSANEdrive
edited by Grizzlei, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 18:10

Human Titan, because I'm never one for subtlety, or Human Hunter, as I do enjoy creating chaos and helping out with something more than a big stick. I only say that I prefer being a Human because I don't know much about the Awoken or Exo. I'm not dead set on my species.

I've never had any interest in using magical abilities. Guns, in all their glamour, are my specialty. That being said, I'm sure Bungie is more than concerned about making Warlocks accessible to all players regardless of their combat persuasion.

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 17:41 (3978 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Awoken Warlock at first, because Space Magic and the Awoken just seem neat. However, I always make several characters, and I'm feeling Human Titan and Exo Hunter if possible. ...I like rounding everything out.

I'm boycotting until we get Tigerman.

by zumphry ⌂ @, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 17:42 (3978 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Probably either a Hunter, or now, because of the E3 presentation, a Warlock.

Though, if Titans are the only ones that get rocket launchers or double-barreled shotguns that fire rockets, and that you flip to reload, then a Titan.

As for race? I'm awaiting reports from the Vanguard about Exos and their dance animations. But probably Human.

by Phoenix_9286 @, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 17:50 (3978 days ago) @ zumphry

Though, if Titans are the only ones that get rocket launchers or double-barreled shotguns that fire rockets, and that you flip to reload, then a Titan.

Is this a thing? Like, a legitimate thing? Because if this is a thing, that's FREAKING AWESOME. My favorite part of the first Borderlands was the wacky mash-ups some guns had. Like sniper rifles that had a revolver cylinder, but were pump-action. If there's any chance of that coming to Destiny, in any form... oh man... so psyched.

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 17:53 (3978 days ago) @ Phoenix_9286

I do believe that is a Marathon reference. Somehow, I know this, even though I've only played 5 minutes of Marathon.

*DING!*

by zumphry ⌂ @, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 18:57 (3978 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

But, really, given how we're getting a lot of weapons, I'll be pretty bummed if there isn't some type of WSTE-M-style shotgun.

I'll even take a Mauler.

Or my Marathon emblem again. My precious.

*DING!*

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 19:03 (3978 days ago) @ zumphry

But, really, given how we're getting a lot of weapons, I'll be pretty bummed if there isn't some type of WSTE-M-style shotgun.

I'll even take a Mauler.

Or my Marathon emblem again. My precious.

Personally I'm hoping we didn't lost multi-barreled rocket launchers to Halo. I thought it was a genius idea when they introduced it in Marathon, and I still want it!

*DING!*

by Phoenix_9286 @, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 20:00 (3978 days ago) @ zumphry

Now I am disappoint. I caught the Marathon reference and dismissed it because the WSTE-M was just a normal shotgun, and didn't fire rockets.

*DING!*

by zumphry ⌂ @, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 20:50 (3977 days ago) @ Phoenix_9286

Now I am disappoint. I caught the Marathon reference and dismissed it because the WSTE-M was just a normal shotgun, and didn't fire rockets.

There's always Anvil!

*DING!*

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 21:06 (3977 days ago) @ zumphry

There's always Anvil!

Or for Halo - HMT & HHT! (<3)

*DING!*

by zumphry ⌂ @, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 21:09 (3977 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

There's always Anvil!

Or, for Halo 2, my next door neighbor's kid with a modded Xbox.

*DING!*

by Phoenix_9286 @, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 21:09 (3977 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Fond memories of ARs that fire 24 Sniper rounds with each pull of the trigger, with pinpoint accuracy.

*DING!*

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 21:38 (3977 days ago) @ Phoenix_9286

Fond memories of ARs that fire 24 Sniper rounds with each pull of the trigger, with pinpoint accuracy.

Fond memories. Period. :D

The ability to swap attributes is just fun. From making Spartan-Armor with the Same stuff as Hunter Shields, to making walls bleed, or even just make everything a needler with unique properties. All simple stuff - but fun to do just to spice things up abit when you just wanted to run around in Halo. Or Blow everything up. That too.

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 17:59 (3978 days ago) @ Phoenix_9286

Is this a thing? Like, a legitimate thing? Because if this is a thing, that's FREAKING AWESOME. My favorite part of the first Borderlands was the wacky mash-ups some guns had. Like sniper rifles that had a revolver cylinder, but were pump-action. If there's any chance of that coming to Destiny, in any form... oh man... so psyched.

A pump-action sniper rifle with a revolving cylinder is about as redundant as a muzzle-loading bolt action rifle. Most guns in Destiny appear to be very grounded in reality apart from from little bits of ceremonial flair. Yes, I'm no fun.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 18:07 (3978 days ago) @ Grizzlei

A pump-action sniper rifle with a revolving cylinder is about as redundant as a muzzle-loading bolt action rifle. Most guns in Destiny appear to be very grounded in reality apart from from little bits of ceremonial flair. Yes, I'm no fun.

Be that as it may - I totally want a A pump-action sniper rifle with a revolving cylinder now.

Because . . . YEEESSSSSS! XD

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 18:19 (3978 days ago) @ Grizzlei

A pump-action sniper rifle with a revolving cylinder

How about a shotgun?
http://guns.wonderhowto.com/inspiration/hybrid-revolver-shotgun-hacked-together-from-spare-gun-parts-0127747/

is about as redundant as a muzzle-loading bolt action rifle.

Like this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkraiqCcZJ4

Yes, I'm no fun.

I spend too much time looking a guns.

Yeah, but...

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 18:24 (3978 days ago) @ bluerunner

[image]

In my blistering defense, that Johnston rifle is a total outlier. :P

I spend too much time looking at guns.

Yeah, I don't believe this is really a thing. Guns are fun and exciting. Obsessing yourself over wacky designs is normal!

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, June 13, 2013, 18:41 (3978 days ago) @ Grizzlei

A pump-action sniper rifle with a revolving cylinder is about as redundant as a muzzle-loading bolt action rifle.

Why's that?

• The pump-action is a lot more natural than recocking a revolver
  • The pump-action recock keeps range high as it doesn't use the escape gas to recock
  • the revolving cylinder is a lot more efficient to reload than magazines/clips/whatever
  • The revolving cylinder hold more bullets than single-bullet rifles (duh)

Am I wrong in any of those points?

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 18:52 (3978 days ago) @ ZackDark

the revolving cylinder is a lot more efficient to reload than magazines/clips/whatever
The revolving cylinder hold more bullets than single-bullet rifles (duh)

Am I wrong in any of those points?

Ehh, yeah, kinda.

1. A cylinder, should you not have a special reloading tool, requires you to individually load each cartridge into the chamber. A magazine or clip is simple.

2. If by "single bullet rifle," you're referring to bolt action, then it depends on the rifle. A number of bolt rifles have internal magazines, typically holding five rounds or so. A number of bolt rifles have detachable mags. There are certainly many, however, that only store one round - in its chamber.

I'm sure bluerunner will arrive shortly to say I'm wrong. Which I probably am.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, June 13, 2013, 19:05 (3978 days ago) @ Grizzlei

1. A cylinder, should you not have a special reloading tool, requires you to individually load each cartridge into the chamber. A magazine or clip is simple.

A magazine either wastes bullets, empties at the wrong time or you're lucky.

2. If by "single bullet rifle," you're referring to bolt action, then it depends on the rifle. A number of bolt rifles have internal magazines, typically holding five rounds or so. A number of bolt rifles have detachable mags. There are certainly many, however, that only store one round - in its chamber.

I can see how that would be better.

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 19:07 (3978 days ago) @ ZackDark

A magazine either wastes bullets, empties at the wrong time or you're lucky.

Don't be an idiot and shoot at everyone who crosses your path then. :P

Awww... :-( *NM*

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, June 13, 2013, 19:16 (3978 days ago) @ Grizzlei

=P

NM doesn't work anymore, dork. :P

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 19:18 (3978 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

Awww... :-( *NM*

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, June 13, 2013, 19:22 (3978 days ago) @ Grizzlei

STAHP!

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 19:25 (3978 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

Poke 'im with a Stick Grizzlei! Do et! *NM*

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 19:28 (3978 days ago) @ Grizzlei

- No text -

You can't stop the *NM* *NM*

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, June 13, 2013, 19:28 (3978 days ago) @ Grizzlei

NM are my initials. You're only humoring me.

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 19:30 (3978 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

Mind. Blown.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, June 13, 2013, 19:31 (3978 days ago) @ Grizzlei

- No text -

Well . . . NM Then.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 20:09 (3978 days ago) @ Grizzlei

- No text -

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 19:10 (3978 days ago) @ ZackDark

A pump-action sniper rifle with a revolving cylinder is about as redundant as a muzzle-loading bolt action rifle.

Why's that?

• The pump-action is a lot more natural than recocking a revolver

Double action revolver cocks it for you. The revolver you see in movies that has to be cocked every time is usually the Cold Single Action Army.

[*] The pump-action recock keeps range high as it doesn't use the escape gas to recock

Revolvers don't use gas to cock the hammer. Neither do pump actions. Some semi-auto shotguns use gas. And Desert Eagles do too, which is unique for pistols.

[*] the revolving cylinder is a lot more efficient to reload than magazines/clips/whatever

Ever try to reload a revolver quickly while out of breath, even with a speed loader? It's hard to get 5 or 6 cartridges to line up with 5 or 6 holes when you're in a hurry.

[*] The revolving cylinder hold more bullets than single-bullet rifles (duh)
      [/list]

My first hunting rifle when I was little was a Remington Model 6 single shot. It was a .22. My grandfather told me he traded 12 possum skins for it back during the depression. I used it for rabbit hunting. It was old and worn, and I had to use a rubber band to get the hammer to strike hard enough for it to fire. It backfired into my eye a few times.
      [/bluerunner story]

"[/bluerunner story]" Mission Accomplished

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, June 13, 2013, 19:15 (3978 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 19:19 (3978 days ago) @ bluerunner

My first hunting rifle when I was little was a Remington Model 6 single shot. It was a .22. My grandfather told me he traded 12 possum skins for it back during the depression. I used it for rabbit hunting. It was old and worn, and I had to use a rubber band to get the hammer to strike hard enough for it to fire. It backfired into my eye a few times.
      [/bluerunner story]

{Emphasis by INSANEdrive)

You sir are the master of Cliffhangers.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 19:41 (3978 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

[/bluerunner story]

{Emphasis by INSANEdrive)

You sir are the master of Cliffhangers.

No permanent damage. It definately didn't hurt as bad as the time I held a bottle rocket in my teeth. That has ever since been at the top of my list of things to never do again.

1) What? 2) How? 3) Please, do tell

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, June 13, 2013, 19:53 (3978 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

1) What? 2) How? 3) Please, do tell

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 20:03 (3978 days ago) @ ZackDark

Step 1 - Be stupid teenager.
      Step 2 - Hold stick in teeth.
      Step 3 - Light fuse.
      Step 4 - Smell nothing but gunpowder for 3 days.

by Jillybean, Friday, June 14, 2013, 01:37 (3977 days ago) @ bluerunner

Boys are stupid.

+2

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Friday, June 14, 2013, 02:03 (3977 days ago) @ Jillybean

- No text -

by CaneCutter @, Alabama, Friday, June 14, 2013, 08:12 (3977 days ago) @ bluerunner

No permanent damage. It definately didn't hurt as bad as the time I held a bottle rocket in my teeth. That has ever since been at the top of my list of things to never do again.

Lighting M80's with sparklers should also be on that list.

- CC Trust me, it ain't fun.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 19:31 (3978 days ago) @ bluerunner

Ever try to reload a revolver quickly while out of breath, even with a speed loader? It's hard to get 5 or 6 cartridges to line up with 5 or 6 holes when you're in a hurry.

That's why I like the concept Bungie came up with for the Duke Mk. 44, easy reload with a revolver where you load a circular magazine into the gun. Awesome!

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 19:39 (3978 days ago) @ Xenos

That's why I like the concept Bungie came up with for the Duke Mk. 44, easy reload with a revolver where you load a circular magazine into the gun. Awesome!

I hope the Duke's rate of fire isn't terribly slow. I prefer to have a sidearm able to empty itself in just a couple seconds.

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Friday, June 14, 2013, 06:27 (3977 days ago) @ bluerunner

I'm a little sad that the [bluerunner] tag doesn't format your text in a nice way and start playing the repeating tune to Alice's Restaurant.

by Phoenix_9286 @, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 20:18 (3978 days ago) @ Grizzlei

I hate you for crushing my dreams.

Dreamcrusher.

That aside, yeah, it's not realistic (and I <3 the realistic bent they're giving Destiny) but it gave Borderlands some very fun and interesting weapons. I was personally very disappointed to not see the sniper rifle I described return for Borderlands 2. In fact, Borderlands 2's guns are pretty tame (build wise) compared to the mash-ups in the first game.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Friday, June 14, 2013, 05:48 (3977 days ago) @ Phoenix_9286

Somewhat related but maybe not entirely: RIP SMS.

I'm still a little bitter about that.

Awoken warlock or hunter.

by Cold, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 17:51 (3978 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

If you have trouble deciding, settle this like a gamer.

by NsU Soldier @, Washington, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 17:59 (3978 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

In the videoBungie E3 2013 Day 1: ReCap we get to see our fellow Depends-wearing DBO Overlords (who happen to be masters of mercy) get asked (abit - not directly in the video) "What is going to be your first character in Destiny?"

Since Bungie go the ball roll'n, I figure to direct it here and see where it goes. (Its an inevitable topic anyway - likely to be repeated as more information trickles out.) At this point, Who do you think you are going to start off as? Why?

Just in case- Race: [Humans] [Awoken] [Exo] Guardian Class: [Hunter] [Warlock] [Titan]

Bust out the dice, and leave it to fate!

1.) -Gender-
      1,3,5: Male
      2,4,6: Female

2.) -Race-
      1,4: Human
      2,5: Awoken
      3,6: Exo

3.) -Class-
      1,4: Hunter
      2,5: Warlock
      3,6: Titan

I know I want to be a male Warlock, so I'll just ignore the other two rolls.

Aaaaand...4,4,2.

Humans 4evah!

(If I left it wholly to chance I would have been a female Human Warlock apparently.)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 18:05 (3978 days ago) @ NsU Soldier

Bust out the dice, and leave it to fate!

1.) -Gender-
      1,3,5: Male
      2,4,6: Female

2.) -Race-
      1,4: Human
      2,5: Awoken
      3,6: Exo

3.) -Class-
      1,4: Hunter
      2,5: Warlock
      3,6: Titan

I know I want to be a male Warlock, so I'll just ignore the other two rolls.

Aaaaand...4,4,2.

Humans 4evah!

(If I left it wholly to chance I would have been a female Human Warlock apparently.)

Seeing as you are supposed to be investing into a character as if it was you in Destiny this sounds like a terrible idea. Guns should be used - it is a shooter after all. To keep from cheating you can close your eyes. :P

Or you could just read the descriptions and ask yourself which one is the best fit. It's what I did at least.

by NsU Soldier @, Washington, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 18:17 (3978 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Seeing as you are supposed to be investing into a character as if it was you in Destiny this sounds like a terrible idea.

Ha! With that logic everyone should be a human and their actual gender.

This kind of thing is pretty standard role-playing fare. I don't know about others, but I rarely play a character as "myself". My Noble Six was not "me", nor was my Rookie. (They were "Six" and "The Rookie", respectively.)

I find the most enjoyment in crafting a story around my character as I experience the adventure through them.

And I don't mind using chance to decide a few things for me when I can't decide what to pick. I've done this before, and it has been instrumental in creating some interesting characters that I would never have created otherwise.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 18:41 (3978 days ago) @ NsU Soldier

. . .

I find the most enjoyment in crafting a story around my character as I experience the adventure through them.

And I don't mind using chance to decide a few things for me when I can't decide what to pick. I've done this before, and it has been instrumental in creating some interesting characters that I would never have created otherwise.

Even though you missed the most important part of what I said - destroying what I said with your diabolical thought-making, I dare not complain; For your words have filled me with feels both inescapably inspired and nothing at all.

And so I learned a method for yet another madness. NEAT! XD

by marmot 1333 @, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 18:13 (3978 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Awoken Hunter
      then
      Human Warlock
      then
      Exo Titan

by Schooly D, TSD Gaming Condo, TX, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 18:18 (3978 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

What happened to Vanguard? Wasn't that a class?

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 18:27 (3978 days ago) @ Schooly D

Undetermined, as yet. It may be something else entirely, since the symbol for Vanguard showed in the banner when the public event started.

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 18:22 (3978 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

In a word: Traxis (probably; race TBD).

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 18:25 (3978 days ago) @ TTL Demag0gue

This makes me happy. Traxis will make for an awesome fellow adventurer/alien-butt-kicker.

My second will probably be a Warlock because...

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 18:28 (3978 days ago) @ Mr Daax

Duh! Hurling pieces of the sun!

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 18:23 (3978 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I need more info, but I'm leaning Human Hunter right now. Maybe Titan after that.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 18:55 (3978 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Most likely Male Exo Hunter. I love the magic we saw for the hunter, and robots are awesome, so win-win.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 19:20 (3978 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Male awoken warlock. If there's a grizzled option I'm taking that, too. Already imagining his look, and his backstory is percolating in my subconscious.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Friday, June 14, 2013, 05:17 (3977 days ago) @ Kermit

Male awoken warlock. If there's a grizzled option I'm taking that, too. Already imagining his look, and his backstory is percolating in my subconscious.

This is what I like to see.

So is it going to be awkward...

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 21:43 (3977 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

... when we all join up and I'm role-playing as a girl?

Oh. . . It gets worse. . .

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 21:53 (3977 days ago) @ Leviathan

When you get a TOGTFO Request by some 12-year old. X(

All in all - I don't judge. I have to ask why though - *Ahem* Why?

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 21:57 (3977 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

When you get a TOGTFO Request by some 12-year old. X(

All in all - I don't judge. I have to ask why though - *Ahem* Why?

Well, if I'm going to be stuck staring at this character for 10 years...

(I just successfully went from a girly-man to a chauvinistic pig in one post. Awesome.)

by Eisodos Zao, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 23:15 (3977 days ago) @ Leviathan

Epic conversion. +10 intertubes.

Hi, I'm EZ by the way :)

by ncsuDuncan @, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 23:20 (3977 days ago) @ Eisodos Zao

Epic conversion. +10 intertubes.

Hi, I'm EZ by the way :)

Hello, EZ! Welcome to the forum - stick around for more epic conversations. ;)

Welcome!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 23:21 (3977 days ago) @ Eisodos Zao

- No text -

by SonofMacPhisto @, Friday, June 14, 2013, 05:36 (3977 days ago) @ Leviathan

You know great art when you see it?

(Saved!)

Nope.

by GrimBrother One, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 21:59 (3977 days ago) @ Leviathan

FemShep is the REAL SHEP.

<3
      Grim

+1

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 23:21 (3977 days ago) @ GrimBrother One

- No text -

Nope.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Friday, June 14, 2013, 05:38 (3977 days ago) @ GrimBrother One

FemShep is the REAL SHEP.

<3
      Grim

Why you FemSheppers always getting uppity? Peace and love, man. BroShep is awesome too, so don't be a hater.

[image]

by NsU Soldier @, Washington, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 23:54 (3977 days ago) @ Leviathan

Eh, that's not awkward.

What's awkward is when you're trying to get that achievement in Fable III that requires you to have a kid with your friend! 0_o

by Jillybean, Friday, June 14, 2013, 01:39 (3977 days ago) @ NsU Soldier

My sister and I debated trying for that achievement.

We decided against it.

by Jillybean, Friday, June 14, 2013, 01:39 (3977 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Human Female Warlock.

Unless I get swayed by a pretty Awoken, but I'm feeling the humans in this game.

ExoTitan

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Friday, June 14, 2013, 06:28 (3977 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I'm made of metal, my circuits gleam, I am perpetual, I keep the city clean.

I really like Exos so far.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, June 14, 2013, 08:18 (3977 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

My name is Gato, I have metal joints, Beat me up, And earn fifteen silver points!

by NsU Soldier @, Washington, Friday, June 14, 2013, 12:39 (3977 days ago) @ Xenos

My name is Gato, I have metal joints, Beat me up, And earn fifteen silver points!

It's official, you win.

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Tuesday, June 18, 2013, 08:55 (3973 days ago) @ Xenos

Wow. I only recently started playing through Chrono Trigger for the first time -- but damn it if you didn't make me smile. I'm also leaning towards Exo myself.

I love Chrono Trigger

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, June 18, 2013, 09:10 (3973 days ago) @ JDQuackers

Chrono Trigger is my favorite non-Bungie game, I think I've beaten it about 30 times, and gotten each ending at least twice.

HHM or AHF

by RC ⌂, UK, Friday, June 14, 2013, 08:15 (3977 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Depends. :/

Might even go HHF

Link to Class/Race descriptions?

by Beckx, Friday, June 14, 2013, 08:29 (3977 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Link to Class/Race descriptions?

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Friday, June 14, 2013, 08:34 (3977 days ago) @ Beckx

There are none (yet) that I'm aware of, at least not for the races. Bungie.net has brief descriptions of each of the classes.

Link to Class/Race descriptions? <--Here

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, June 14, 2013, 09:58 (3977 days ago) @ Beckx

Thanks much!

by Beckx, Friday, June 14, 2013, 10:11 (3977 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Human Warlock

by Mix ⌂ @, New Braunfels, Texas, Friday, June 14, 2013, 09:28 (3977 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I love the whole humanity side of the race, I like feeling like I can set myself in it better, plus the warlock class looks to be fun and engaging, a great example of how Destiny will be both SciFi and Mythic.

by CaneCutter @, Alabama, Friday, June 14, 2013, 09:56 (3977 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I don't have enough info at the moment to decide what I'll be, but right now, I'm leaning toward Hunter. I can say with a good bit of confidence though that whichever class I end up choosing will be wearing a poncho/duster/old west style accessory. I think that would be cool.

- CC

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, June 14, 2013, 13:12 (3977 days ago) @ CaneCutter

I don't have enough info at the moment to decide what I'll be, but right now, I'm leaning toward Hunter. I can say with a good bit of confidence though that whichever class I end up choosing will be wearing a poncho/duster/old west style accessory. I think that would be cool.

- CC

So much this. I want my character to be Clint Eastwood in A Fistful of Dollars. I want that revolver Staten was using, and I think some kind of lever action rifle to round out the look.

I also want a crossbow. And it needs bolts with explosives. At that point I'll be pretty content with the weapons.

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Friday, June 14, 2013, 13:23 (3977 days ago) @ bluerunner

So much this. I want my character to be Clint Eastwood in A Fistful of Dollars. I want that revolver Staten was using, and I think some kind of lever action rifle to round out the look.

I, like any American, love the old west, but just how much of an old geezer are you? :P

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, June 14, 2013, 13:44 (3977 days ago) @ Grizzlei

I, like any American, love the old west, but just how much of an old geezer are you? :P

I'm going to guess if I mention the Duke, he will know exactly who I mean - WITHOUT using the internet.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, June 14, 2013, 17:00 (3977 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I'll bet Grizzlei wouldn't know how to do a John Wayne load (and why he loaded that way) in a single action revolver without looking it up.

;)

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Friday, June 14, 2013, 17:54 (3977 days ago) @ bluerunner

I'll bet Grizzlei wouldn't know how to do a John Wayne load (and why he loaded that way) in a single action revolver without looking it up.

;)

Of course I can't. I wasn't born before the history books.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, June 14, 2013, 19:57 (3977 days ago) @ Grizzlei

Ha. Looks like you'll play a good Mattie Ross to my Rooster Cogburn in Destiny.

I'm thinking Schooly would make a good LaBoeuf.

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Friday, June 14, 2013, 20:25 (3977 days ago) @ bluerunner

haha sounds like a plan! Mattie has always been one of my most loved characters.

Oh the fun times to be had with Destiny. My anticipation is becoming vaguely psychotic nowadays.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, June 14, 2013, 20:31 (3977 days ago) @ Grizzlei

My anticipation is becoming vaguely psychotic nowadays.

Get in line. >_>

Only 200 days 4801 hours 288089 minutes 17285383 seconds (give or take) till 2014.
      . . . and more waiting.

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Friday, June 14, 2013, 20:41 (3977 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Get in line. >_>

I neither believe in lines, nor their archaic societal expectations.

[image]

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, June 14, 2013, 20:55 (3976 days ago) @ Grizzlei

Get in line. >_>

I neither believe in lines, nor their archaic societal expectations.

[image]

Nicolas Cage makes your post invalid.

Your face is invalid

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Friday, June 14, 2013, 20:59 (3976 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

My face has an amazing mustache. Your invalid is invalid.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, June 14, 2013, 21:05 (3976 days ago) @ Grizzlei

[image]

Nice peach fuzz

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Friday, June 14, 2013, 21:18 (3976 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, June 14, 2013, 23:43 (3976 days ago) @ Grizzlei

My anticipation is becoming vaguely psychotic nowadays.

Same here, I just hope the game comes out BEFORE I end up in an institute.

by CaneCutter @, Alabama, Friday, June 14, 2013, 15:53 (3977 days ago) @ bluerunner

I wouldn't mind my character being Clint Eastwood in Pale Rider, but he'd have to be wearing a duster like the marshal and his deputies.

- CC Nothing like a good piece of hickory.

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Friday, June 14, 2013, 19:51 (3977 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Prior to E3 I was leaning toward Warlock, but now it's between Warlock and Hunter.

I quite like the idea of an Exo Warlock, and I'm not too fussed about the gender there, so I'll probably go Male. I'm quite biased toward Magical Robots, as there's such a rad recurring fella in my current D&D campaign.

If I was to go Hunter though, it'd probably be an Awoken Female? No, wait. Exo. No, let's go Male. Actually, I don't know. This is really hard.

Whatever I end up choosing, they'll be smothered in backstory.

Wait a minute.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Friday, June 14, 2013, 21:22 (3976 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

Would an Exo Hunter basically be HK-47?

Wait a minute.

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Friday, June 14, 2013, 21:30 (3976 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Could HK-47 wield an AK-47?

They could make babies

by scarab @, Saturday, June 15, 2013, 00:23 (3976 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

Anyway - robots with gender?!? What is that all about?

How do you get male or female exo?

How does that work?

by scarab @, Saturday, June 15, 2013, 01:08 (3976 days ago) @ scarab
      edited by scarab, Saturday, June 15, 2013, 01:48

Do female exos carry a miniature baby making factory inside them or do they have a well appointed workshop somewhere? Are they better with tools than the men?

As an avid Attenburough fan I have worked it out...

It's the males who own the workshops. They compete to own/build the finest lathes, furnaces, and computer controlled milling machines...

The females visit each male's workshop' in turn - examine their tools and decide who has the best equipment to make babies. When she finds what she's looking for she settles down to make babies.

OK so now that I understand that...

Why do Sontarans wear blue?

It's all so confusing...

Working on my character's backstory...

by scarab @, Saturday, June 15, 2013, 01:42 (3976 days ago) @ scarab

My father was too poor or lazy to have a decent workshop and my mother was a feckless oilaholic so they made me out of mail ordered, stock parts, scrap and other exos' castoffs.

As a child I bore the brunt of schoolyard mockery - hurtful scorn over the pedigree of my mongrel parts.

Even as an adult I had to avoid the company of the mechanically knowledgeable - truck geeks, engine experts, plumbers!

So I decided to leave the city and live the life of a solitary hunter - avoiding contact with my peers. I vowed never to return until I had upgraded all my parts - either through loot or the discovery of unique, golden age, machines out there in the wilderness - on lost moons and mysterious derelict space ships.

I will, literally, reinvent myself and make my own destiny.

Ahhhahah, this is the best!

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Saturday, June 15, 2013, 01:52 (3976 days ago) @ scarab

- No text -

Thank you :-)

by scarab @, Saturday, June 15, 2013, 02:31 (3976 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

- No text -

I'm so calling everyone meatbag on my Exo

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, June 14, 2013, 21:48 (3976 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

- No text -

by GrimBrother IV, Sunday, June 16, 2013, 08:09 (3975 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Mostly a copy of my pst on Grin One's similar topic.

My choice, as of right now, is based on a pure gut reaction, as Bungie seems to want, and that puts me as an Exo Warlock. Now, as soon as I heard there were races and classes to select, my mind immediately said, human soldier, because thats what I always did. But the moment that I saw the postcard of the Exo, slumped against the wall, blood running down his face,i was sold instantly. And when they showed a picture of Gandalf as a reference to the feel of the Warlock, the choice was obvious

Now that I have seen genuine gamely of all the classes in action, it had fine nothing to deter me from my gut.

Back to the forum index
      RSS Feed of thread