My Raid Fantasies (Destiny)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, December 25, 2015, 02:31 (3056 days ago)

Welp, I'm at the period in the No Time to Explain Quest where I have to pull a Kiddo.

Since I'm hosting one for the first time in quite a while, I now have a chance to do it my way. I've had plenty of fantasies involving the Vault of Glass--a perfectly normal situational euphoric curiosity thing, not a sex thing. I've always wondered how much fun it would be to complete the Vault in a specific, kooky way. Some have used shotguns, No Light Beyond, no weapons at all, etc. While I'm not that crazy, I do want to have fun with it--everybody's so focused on Oryx, people have forgotten where they came from. So here's what I'm gonna do:

Some of you have already heard a few of my fantasies, so don't be surprised to see them here. I'll post the stuff I really want to see, and those of you who are interested--vote on the idea you want to see as well. Most votes wins. I'll be making an event Sunday, but since that'll probably be too soon, I might make another one for later this week.

The following are my Raid fantasies to date, in no particular order and including but not limited to:

• All Hard Light(Year 1 or 2)
  • All Stormcaller
  • All Sleeper Simulant
  • All New Classes
  • All Atheon Masks
  • All Gjallarhorn
  • All Black Spindle
  • All Icebreaker
  • All Super Good Advice(Year 2)

Pick a category, load up your weapons, and let's have an awesome time!

My Raid Fantasies

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Friday, December 25, 2015, 02:58 (3056 days ago) @ Morpheus

Welp, I'm at the period in the No Time to Explain Quest where I have to pull a Kiddo.

Since I'm hosting one for the first time in quite a while, I now have a chance to do it my way. I've had plenty of fantasies involving the Vault of Glass--a perfectly normal situational euphoric curiosity thing, not a sex thing. I've always wondered how much fun it would be to complete the Vault in a specific, kooky way. Some have used shotguns, No Light Beyond, no weapons at all, etc. While I'm not that crazy, I do want to have fun with it--everybody's so focused on Oryx, people have forgotten where they came from. So here's what I'm gonna do:

Some of you have already heard a few of my fantasies, so don't be surprised to see them here. I'll post the stuff I really want to see, and those of you who are interested--vote on the idea you want to see as well. Most votes wins. I'll be making an event Sunday, but since that'll probably be too soon, I might make another one for later this week.

The following are my Raid fantasies to date, in no particular order and including but not limited to:

• All Hard Light(Year 1 or 2)
  • All Stormcaller
  • All Sleeper Simulant
  • All New Classes
  • All Atheon Masks
  • All Gjallarhorn
  • All Black Spindle
  • All Icebreaker
  • All Super Good Advice(Year 2)

Pick a category, load up your weapons, and let's have an awesome time!

I could do any of those except Stormcaller and Black Spindle. When you say "all", is that just having the weapon, or some requirements about using it? Gjallarhorn and Sleeper Simulant are cool in theory because they keep you from using other exotics weapons and they have cool VFX, but they turn bosses into jokes which takes a lot of the flow and tension out of it.
I'd say probably Ice Breaker because it limits you and is useful without being overpowering.

My Raid Fantasies

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Friday, December 25, 2015, 03:25 (3056 days ago) @ General Vagueness

I think Hard Light would be the most Fun-For-Funs-Sake of all those. Also requires you to make harder choices for Special and Heavy.

All Hard Light.

by Funkmon @, Friday, December 25, 2015, 03:53 (3056 days ago) @ Morpheus

For Crota, we did an all punches raid, an all Nechrochasm raid, an all Gjallarhorn raid.

I think it would be very difficult to do a Gjallarhorn only VoG. The confluxes requires too much killing people. Hence hard light only. We could probably kill Atheon in 4.

Sorry, I Meant To Say Atheon.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, December 25, 2015, 05:53 (3056 days ago) @ Morpheus

Those variants are during the actual Atheon fight.

That's no fun.

by Funkmon @, Friday, December 25, 2015, 13:33 (3056 days ago) @ Morpheus

- No text -

That's no fun.

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Friday, December 25, 2015, 20:45 (3056 days ago) @ Funkmon

pretty much

Something About Game Designers And Fun.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Saturday, December 26, 2015, 00:04 (3055 days ago) @ Funkmon

Looking at the list, at least four of those can be done through the whole raid. What else would you want? Do you suggest Gjallarhorns only throughout the entire raid? 10 rockets, 5 minutes each, 6 players, around 15 dead enemies and a million "Oh shit sorry!"'s as we inevitably cross in front of each other and get them killed.

I figured we could use the specific weapon ideas on Atheon(or the Templar) himself, because using it through the entire raid as your only weapon is just stupid. Of course we'd be switching to something else when protecting the confluxes or wiping out Oracles for Time's Vengeance, and switching BACK to the proposed idea when we actually need it.

If not that, what would you suggest?

Hard Light Only VOG completed

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Thursday, January 07, 2016, 19:12 (3043 days ago) @ Morpheus

I figured we could use the specific weapon ideas on Atheon (or the Templar) himself, because using it through the entire raid as your only weapon is just stupid.

Oops. :) I hope you still don't feel this way; I thought last night's hard-light-only VoG raid was a lot of fun! I didn't capture any video, but using hard light throughout the entire raid turned out to be pretty easy, even for bosses. I think we only had one intentional wipe due to general silliness, and one wipe at Gatekeepers. Atheon went down with barely a fight (two teleports).

Anyway, thanks for putting it together, and thanks to Funkmon, SaylorTw1ft, Rasengen Crow and Kugamunga for the good time. Any interest in a no-weapons run next (melees, grenades and supers allowed)?

Hard Light Only VOG completed

by Funkmon @, Thursday, January 07, 2016, 19:36 (3043 days ago) @ Chappy

Absolutely. It will work well because grenades have the time's vengeance buff without it being active, so we don't even need to kill oracles. I hope I can get Saylor to become so annoyed with me that he quits before the maze this time.

Someone humming sandstorm while we killed Atheon was a life highlight.

I'm in except...

by ProbablyLast, Friday, December 25, 2015, 13:57 (3056 days ago) @ Morpheus

I think I can only participate in two of those. New Subclass and Gyllenhaal. Don't have the means of acquiring the other items anymore.

Edit: Nevermind. Unless I'm unexpectedly fired, I wont be available Sunday night.

Has A Decision Been Made?

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Sunday, December 27, 2015, 21:44 (3054 days ago) @ Morpheus

I heard two for Hard Light. We only have three, though. Which...if we can't get more people who want in, we might not be able to do it. Unless any of you actually want to TRY the Vault of Glass with only three people. Now that's a crazy stupid idea!

Has A Decision Been Made?

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Monday, December 28, 2015, 00:25 (3053 days ago) @ Morpheus

I heard two for Hard Light. We only have three, though. Which...if we can't get more people who want in, we might not be able to do it. Unless any of you actually want to TRY the Vault of Glass with only three people. Now that's a crazy stupid idea!

I would love to join, but I can't play that early. Sorry.

Don't count me. I'm not at home and don't have Xbox.

by Funkmon @, Monday, December 28, 2015, 01:05 (3053 days ago) @ Morpheus

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread