Any XBONE Elite: Dangerous players out there? (Gaming)

by SonofMacPhisto @, Saturday, December 26, 2015, 15:38 (3052 days ago)

Fallout has loosened it's grip on my friend and I (relatively speaking) and we're starting to play this again. I know XBONE's population is a bit light, so figured I'd check in here. We'd love to find more folks to fly with.

Happy to answer any questions too.

I guess I could check out the timed trial

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, December 26, 2015, 17:05 (3052 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

What do I have, 1 hour?

I guess I could check out the timed trial

by SonofMacPhisto @, Saturday, December 26, 2015, 18:21 (3052 days ago) @ ZackDark

No idea. I think it's all the training missions more or less?

Any XBONE Elite: Dangerous players out there?

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, December 26, 2015, 17:38 (3052 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Fallout has loosened it's grip on my friend and I (relatively speaking) and we're starting to play this again. I know XBONE's population is a bit light, so figured I'd check in here. We'd love to find more folks to fly with.

1. The trial is only an hour long. Anything we should be sure to do first to optimize the experience? Anything we should avoid wasting time on?

2. Still no word on when the timed exclusivity on Xbox ends?

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Saturday, December 26, 2015, 17:53 (3052 days ago) @ Korny

1. The trial is only an hour long. Anything we should be sure to do first to optimize the experience? Anything we should avoid wasting time on?

1. A 1-hour Elite: Dangerous experience sounds awful. That's sort of akin to a 1-hour Destiny experience, but without a linear story you can follow. All I can think would be feasible given your starting ship and that time-limit would be some basic delivery missions, hanging around a nav-beacon to do some bounty hunting, or just flying around looking at planets/space-stations/stars. Avoid missions that have you searching for something/someone for a client.

2. No, sadly. The Xbox version launched on Oct 6, 2015. I would expect a year of exclusivity.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Saturday, December 26, 2015, 18:23 (3052 days ago) @ CyberKN

1. A 1-hour Elite: Dangerous experience sounds awful. That's sort of akin to a 1-hour Destiny experience, but without a linear story you can follow. All I can think would be feasible given your starting ship and that time-limit would be some basic delivery missions, hanging around a nav-beacon to do some bounty hunting, or just flying around looking at planets/space-stations/stars. Avoid missions that have you searching for something/someone for a client.

Yeah, and hour is like just getting introduced to basic stuff like not crashing constantly. It's got a learning curve, which is cool, but an hour doesn't cut it. Frankly, I'm not wondering if one should just open the Galaxy Map and zoom all the way out. That'll do more to sell it than anything, really.

Oh my god it's full of stars and all that.

2. No, sadly. The Xbox version launched on Oct 6, 2015. I would expect a year of exclusivity.

Boo

Related:

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, December 26, 2015, 20:35 (3052 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Has anyone played Rebel Galaxy? I'm considering it since it's pretty cheap on Steam right now. I've watched some videos and read some reviews and it looks interesting. I've just never had any experience with any space games, so I'm not really sure.

I think I'm at the point where I won't know until I actually get it and try, so I'll probably end up with it, unless someone here tells me its shit.

Related:

by SonofMacPhisto @, Sunday, December 27, 2015, 03:00 (3052 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Downloading it now. I'll let you know what I think.

So . . .

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, December 29, 2015, 23:48 (3049 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

I went ahead and bought Rebel Galaxy. I've only played about two hours of it so far. I've never really played any space sims, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I'm still not sure. It has definitely been enjoyable, but it also hasn't really grabbed me yet either.

I will say, the first impression was fantastic. It's immediately reminiscent of Firefly just because of the soundtrack and aesthetics, so that's definitely awesome.

I'll devote a few more hours into it to see if it'll really sink it's teeth in; it seems like the sort of game that definitely needs a bit of time to really grab hold, and it has been interesting enough so far for me to extend it that courtesy. Hopefully I'll get better at not getting blown up . . .

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread