Joseph Staten is the lead writer on ReCore! (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, December 31, 2015, 14:46 (3047 days ago)

This game was by far the game I am most interested in from Microsoft's E3 presentation, and it seems that Joe Staten is the lead writer!

Interesting and potentially exciting news!

Joseph Staten is the lead writer on ReCore!

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Thursday, December 31, 2015, 15:18 (3047 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Hmm, that makes me excited about that game. Lead writer could be a bit misleading though - I think he mostly just manages the other writers at MS. Not that he doesn't provide a lot of direction and insight of course.

Joseph Staten is the lead writer on ReCore!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, December 31, 2015, 15:36 (3047 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

That's often true, but they are often heavily involved in the outlining of the story at minimum, especially when it's a single story like a game or movie instead of a series of stories like with TV.

More info on ReCore?

by Earendil, Thursday, December 31, 2015, 15:45 (3047 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I tried to look up the game, and all I can find is the E3 press release info and the single E3 trailer, which doesn't tell me very much about the game. Is it an RPG? MMORPG? 1st person, 3rd person, multi person?

I liked the trailer, and it's not worth dismissing out of hand. I just assume that for someone to really be looking forward to the game that they must at least know what genre the game is in :)

Heh

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, December 31, 2015, 15:54 (3047 days ago) @ Earendil

Nope, that's pretty much all that's available, as far as I know.

I just thought the E3 trailer looked interesting. It's honestly about the only thing MS showed that even sticks in my mind at this point; I can't recall a single other thing they announced or talked about.

It just seemed like a neat concept. To be fair, I'm not super excited because, as you said, I don't really have a clue what it is, but it just looked neat. Staten's involvement makes me more interested.

We'll see how it shakes out.

Okay, I can get behind that

by Earendil, Thursday, December 31, 2015, 16:03 (3047 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Sort of a "Hey look! They managed to not turn me off in the first trailer!". That is actually a thing a good number of games have a hard time not doing, at least for me personally. I'll similarly be watching their development now, if only because I'm interested.

I did read that the "guess" at a ship date is Q2 2016. That seems way off given how little info is out there at this stage. Maybe they are just waiting for the holiday news cycle to die down?

Interview

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Thursday, December 31, 2015, 16:45 (3047 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Watch the video, the article just summarizes a few points, but the interview is longer. Sounds like an interesting concept.

www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/23/recore-tells-a-survival-story-about-jewel

Thanks!

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, December 31, 2015, 16:53 (3047 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Still not a lot of info, but definitely at least explains some of the concept a bit. Still not sure what form this game have, though. Seems like maybe a sort of third-person action-adventure game with light RPG/upgrade elements?

I'm guessing first person

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Thursday, December 31, 2015, 17:12 (3047 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Similar to Metroid Prime, since many of the developers worked on that game. In fact many of the elements sound quite similar. Since the sandstorms change the landscape while you play, you'll have to revisit some of the same areas multiple times in an attempt to find new things. Additionally exploration will give you new abilities and robotic allies which will allow you to get to new areas.

Doubt it.

by SIX min WHISTLE @, Michigan, Monday, January 04, 2016, 17:32 (3043 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

"Makers of Metroid Prime" was a pretty misleading tagline. Armature Studio was founded by only three former Retro guys, of which one was an art guy and another on the tech side. As a studio that have little of not, pretty much all ports except the Batman spin-off Blackgate.

Inafune is the one to look at for any hints of an idea, and he hasn't made shooters before, aside from what I think was story-only involvement with Lost Planet.

I'm mildly interested because of Dead Rising 1 and 2, but Inafune hasn't done much worthwhile since leaving Capcom so I'm not getting my hopes up, especially with nothing but a CG trailer.

Staten being attached is a point in my book, but I'd like to know more. He's being losely attached to a lot of MS projects. Like he's involved with Scalebound, but Platinum's story stuff is pretty different than Staten's style. And I don't think it will have the same guiding hand that Kojima had on Metal Gear Rising's story.

Frog Blast The Vent ReCore!

by BlackstarBSP, Friday, January 01, 2016, 15:08 (3046 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

ReCore.Staten.org?

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Friday, January 01, 2016, 16:23 (3046 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Who's going to set that up?

exbungie.org

by marmot 1333 @, Friday, January 01, 2016, 17:31 (3046 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

- No text -

This is a great idea. A website following former Bingle news

by Funkmon @, Friday, January 01, 2016, 17:32 (3046 days ago) @ marmot 1333

- No text -

You mean HBO?

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, January 04, 2016, 16:21 (3043 days ago) @ Funkmon

;)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread