Keep the PS4 crew alive? (Gaming)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, January 25, 2016, 07:22 (3022 days ago)

I love you guys. All of you. But Destiny is dying for the time being. We will see if it can be resuscitated in the fall. I have a bit of optimism believe it or not.

In the meantime, I'd very much like to keep playing something with all of you. Division? Something else? What are you all looking forward to? Besides Mirror's Edge of course.

Ideas?

Keep the PS4 crew alive?

by TheeChaos @, Monday, January 25, 2016, 14:45 (3021 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Agreed, I have not even played destiny in 3 weeks now. Not even checked Xur or anything. The division will be dependent on the gameplay. Far Cry Primal is looking promising, but we will have to see. Here lately I have just been playing PC games since I did build a gaming PC last year, but have never used it.

Also go Panthers!

Keep the PS4 crew alive?

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Monday, January 25, 2016, 15:00 (3021 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I've picked up Battlefront, but have barely touched it so far. I know there are a number of DBOers that have it for PS4, even some normally-Xboners (like Xenos and Paddy, for example). I would definitely be interested in getting together for some of that.

I can't overstate how fun Helldivers is when you play with a few friends. You can count on me, Korny and Sammy for Helldivers at any given time. The rest of you should buy it too.

Most of the other games I want to play right now just don't happen to be multiplayer experiences though.

I will probably pick up The Witness tomorrow and look forward to spending dozens of hours in those puzzles.

I have only put about 15-20 hours into Fallout 4 and would like to get back into it.

I want to go through The Last of Us again, this time maybe even on Grounded difficulty.

Oh, and I want to pick up the Nathan Drake collection and go through that all again in preparation for Uncharted 4.

Excited for The Witness as well.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, January 25, 2016, 15:28 (3021 days ago) @ Speedracer513

The other game I frequent quite a bit at the moment is Elite:Dangerous on PC. It has it's problems, but I love the spaceships, scale and exploration nature of it. I'm very sad it isn't on PS4 yet :(

Also, joining the Fuel Rats was one of the coolest things in video games ever.

Not as dead as it would appear?

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, January 25, 2016, 15:14 (3021 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I frequently see 10+ DBOers on my friends list in the evening. I think what you're feeling is a general lack of enthusiasm for the re-running the raid (I resorted to LFG this weekend, and finally managed to knock Oryx out last night... still no helm).

In addition, CruelLegacey, Slycrel, and Peaks usually run Trials during when you schedule your Monday Night events.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Monday, January 25, 2016, 15:35 (3021 days ago) @ CyberKN

I frequently see 10+ DBOers on my friends list in the evening. I think what you're feeling is a general lack of enthusiasm for the re-running the raid (I resorted to LFG this weekend, and finally managed to knock Oryx out last night... still no helm).

In addition, CruelLegacey, Slycrel, and Peaks usually run Trials during when you schedule your Monday Night events.

This.

Also, I've been running w/ my Bro-In-Law lately. We'll soon be doing a VoG raid, then the Crota Raid... He'll probably be "done" when he's done everything in PvE once. After that I'll be working on my Hunter.

I raided with family recently. Never again.

by Funkmon @, Monday, January 25, 2016, 19:43 (3021 days ago) @ dogcow

- No text -

That night will forever be known as "the incident" ;)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, January 25, 2016, 19:45 (3021 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, January 25, 2016, 18:16 (3021 days ago) @ CyberKN

Pretty much this. I'm still online most nights, and I typically see 10-15 PS4 DBOers online when I sign in.

I think the main issue for me is that my interest in running King's Fall has dwindled quite a bit. I still enjoy it from time to time, but most KF events leave me feeling more exhausted than anything else (the fact that I start so late doesn't help, I'm sure).

At this point I have more fun doing PvP, strikes, patrol quests, or old raids. But King's Fall is the only current PvE activity we can do as a group of 6, so it's getting tough to get everyone together at the same time.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, January 25, 2016, 18:59 (3021 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I think the main issue for me is that my interest in running King's Fall has dwindled quite a bit. I still enjoy it from time to time, but most KF events leave me feeling more exhausted than anything else (the fact that I start so late doesn't help, I'm sure).

Let's do more trials then. Surely with everyone leaving PvP that means easier trip to the lighthouse :-p

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, January 25, 2016, 19:02 (3021 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Let's do more trials then. Surely with everyone leaving PvP that means easier trip to the lighthouse :-p

Hah... I don't know about that, but I'm always happy to give it a go :) Pretty much every Friday/Saturday/Sunday night.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Monday, January 25, 2016, 19:22 (3021 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Hah... I don't know about that, but I'm always happy to give it a go :) Pretty much every Friday/Saturday/Sunday night.

I would like to do some trials sometime. I haven't because it doesn't line up well with my schedule. I've really enjoyed when I've played, maybe I need to rearrange some stuff. :)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, January 25, 2016, 19:36 (3021 days ago) @ dogcow

I would like to do some trials sometime. I haven't because it doesn't line up well with my schedule. I've really enjoyed when I've played, maybe I need to rearrange some stuff. :)

I'm always happy to run it with you :)

by slycrel ⌂, Monday, January 25, 2016, 21:12 (3021 days ago) @ dogcow

Yeah, you keep saying that, but anytime I try to make it happen you're not available.

=)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Monday, January 25, 2016, 22:01 (3021 days ago) @ slycrel

Yeah, you keep saying that, but anytime I try to make it happen you're not available.

=)

I feel the need to share this (don't ask me why, it doesn't entirely make sense in my twisted mind either):

Bill: Ted, while I agree that, in time, our band will be most triumphant. The truth is, Wyld Stallyns will never be a super band until we have Eddie Van Halen on guitar.
Ted: Yes, Bill. But, I do not believe we will get Eddie Van Halen until we have a triumphant video.
Bill: Ted, it's pointless to have a triumphant video before we even have decent instruments.
Ted: Well, how can we have decent instruments when we don't really even know how to play?
Bill: That is why we NEED Eddie Van Halen!
Ted: And THAT is why we need a triumphant video.
Bill, Ted: EXCELLENT!
[air guitar]

Understood. Let me know if you need a backup for 3rd. :P

by slycrel ⌂, Monday, January 25, 2016, 22:29 (3021 days ago) @ dogcow
edited by slycrel, Monday, January 25, 2016, 23:09

- No text -

Understood. Let me know if you need a backup for 3rd. :P

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Tuesday, January 26, 2016, 13:31 (3021 days ago) @ slycrel

Revisiting this a day later and I see that post in an entirely different light. lol. I didn't mean to say you're not eddie van halen. :) It more went along with me finding time to play trials on the weekend, seemed like I am stuck in a circle somehow & never able to get it scheduled.

Keep the PS4 crew alive?

by peaksutah, Monday, January 25, 2016, 16:00 (3021 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'm with you, my interest in Destiny is fading. I've got maybe another month in me before I only login for group events.

I'm going to use 2016 to mainly catch up on games I missed while playing Destiny. Here's my current to-play list:

PS4
Tomb Raider-Definitive Edition
Last of Us (replay)
Uncharted - Nathan Drake Collection
Uncharted 4
Gravity Rush - Remastered
Heavy Rain - Remaster
**I'm waiting for gamer reviews on Division before buying.

PC
Fallout 4
Black Desert
Skyrim (never played it, finally modded the game so the character models look half way decent)

Wii U
Bayonetta 1 & 2

Keep the PS4 crew alive?

by slycrel ⌂, Monday, January 25, 2016, 16:19 (3021 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'm still around, Monday nights for trials, sometimes on earlier depending on real life, then usually on Tuesday and/or Thursday evenings. lately Tuesday and Thursdays have been one or the other, not always both.

I'm into a pretty consistent groove though. Monday night trials. Tuesday nights have been raids/challenges or with dogcow and his bro-in-law. Thursdays have been "other", sometimes it's raid challenges, sometimes it's sword quests or other random things that people need help with. Sometimes (rarely) it's pickup groups doing random quest things. I've been going through the story on my hunter which has been fun.

Maybe we should bring back Tuesday nightfalls, run through once or twice with a big group and then see if people are up for anything after?

There has been talk of doing a flawless Crota run for a few people who haven't gotten flawless raider yet. I'd be up for that as well.

As far as games I'm playing, it's destiny and fallout 4. I've sunk in ~20 hours on fallout over the past week, much to the dismay of my sleep schedule, and I can say that it's just gearing up to be pretty cool.

Not much else on PS4 though. I also play minecraft and starcraft occasionally on my mac.

No Man's Sky

by Kahzgul, Monday, January 25, 2016, 22:49 (3021 days ago) @ Cody Miller

And seriously why have I never played with any of you guys?

No Man's Sky

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, January 25, 2016, 23:38 (3021 days ago) @ Kahzgul

In my case it's a time zone issue.

Come play Halo 5

by HawaiianPig, Tuesday, January 26, 2016, 22:50 (3020 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Also, Cruel should really play some Titanfall.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Wednesday, January 27, 2016, 01:38 (3020 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I own Battlefront and (currently in shipping because I saw it for 40 bucks on Amazon today) R:6 Siege.

I've been staying out of discussions of The Division here because the NDA I signed to be in the Alpha restricts what I can say too the point of gutting all interesting content from any post I try to write, but based ONLY on pre-Alpha gameplay videos it seems like a world I would like to explore that focuses on cooperative gameplay which I enjoy very much as a genre. Before Destiny I was playing a lot of BF4 if people still have it or want to get it cheap I assume it's still fun.

Also on the XBONE side of things, I have H5 as a christmas gift and have yet to put the disk in. I've had the idea of a Halo 3 throwback night floating around in my head of months. Would other people want that as much as I would? Is the Backward Compat good enough for people who didn't keep their 360s?

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread