Can't launch Destiny...or any game/app... (Gaming)

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Saturday, January 30, 2016, 15:06 (3016 days ago)

Try and launch anything (Destiny, Halo, Netflix, Hulu, Twitch...): "Sorry, that didn't work for some reason. Error 0x80070002"

All the usual fixes have failed, network connection is not the culprit (wired/wireless makes no difference)

Xbox Support forums have recently suspected that it might be in relation to the Xbox Preview Program, so my question is this:

Are any of you who are in the XPP having this issue, or is your Xbox operating normally?

Can't launch Destiny...or any game/app...

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, January 30, 2016, 15:09 (3016 days ago) @ Mid7night

No problems here in the XPP.

Can't launch Destiny...or any game/app...

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Saturday, January 30, 2016, 15:22 (3016 days ago) @ Xenos

No problems here in the XPP.

Well there goes that theory. Figures; it couldn't be THAT simple. :-/

Yes. 3 times in the past two weeks.

by Funkmon @, Saturday, January 30, 2016, 16:04 (3016 days ago) @ Mid7night

My fix is turning off the Xbox for the night, trying to get a shortwave radio station from Newfoundland, failing, listening to a record, looking at Xbox forlornly, putting on some recent radio dramas I haven't heard, making tuna sandwiches, going to bed two hours early.

By the next morning, it's fixed!

Packet loss?

by Lawnmower172, Saturday, January 30, 2016, 16:05 (3016 days ago) @ Mid7night

I had a problem a couple months ago where I had severe packet loss and couldn't sign in to XBL. I could launch MCC but that was about it.

My ISP had to fix the issue.

To check for packet loss, go to settings, network, multiplayer.

This problem popped up overnight and my ISPfixed it in no time. I haven't had any packet loss issues since then.

Not necessarily

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Saturday, January 30, 2016, 16:32 (3016 days ago) @ Mid7night

Just because it's not happening to ALL preview program members does not mean that it isn't something to do with preview. It might be a bug that only occurs under specific conditions.

XBL run out? Mine is up next week. Anyone know any deals?

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Saturday, January 30, 2016, 16:40 (3016 days ago) @ Mid7night

- No text -

XBL run out? Mine is up next week. Anyone know any deals?

by Claude Errera @, Saturday, January 30, 2016, 16:46 (3016 days ago) @ Pyromancy

CDkeys.com

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Saturday, January 30, 2016, 16:47 (3016 days ago) @ Pyromancy

12 Month Xbox Live Gold Membership - $42.99

I thought it sounded a bit shady at first, but I've gotten my 12 month keys from them for the last couple of years with no issues.

-Disciple

CDkeys.com

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Tuesday, February 02, 2016, 13:48 (3013 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

Same. The only thing that sucks is you are no longer able to stack memberships up on an account.

CDkeys.com

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Tuesday, February 02, 2016, 14:02 (3013 days ago) @ unoudid

Same. The only thing that sucks is you are no longer able to stack memberships up on an account.

Yep. I just learned that last year. Only a few more months and I can finally use this other code before it gets lost :)

-Disciple

CDkeys.com

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, February 02, 2016, 14:36 (3013 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

Mine expires in two weeks. If any of you find a year for under 40, could you tell me?

CDkeys.com

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Tuesday, February 02, 2016, 15:28 (3013 days ago) @ Funkmon

The deal Claude posted is still up - $38.99 for a 12 month subscription.

-Disciple

How did I miss that?! Thanks! Thanks Wu!

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, February 02, 2016, 15:32 (3013 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

- No text -

Only certain Preview consoles...

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Saturday, January 30, 2016, 17:14 (3016 days ago) @ Mid7night

PM from a Preview Support person:

"We have identified several customers whose consoles are getting this specific error code. Please be advised that the only way to fix this is to have your console reset to factory defaults. However, before doing that, we'd like to see what exactly happened to your console. So here are a few things we'd like you to do prior to restoring the console to factory defaults."

Long list of instructions followed.

Attempting to get diagnosis data now, then resetting my Xbox. :-/

(fingers crossed) any luck?

by BlackstarBSP, Saturday, January 30, 2016, 18:44 (3016 days ago) @ Mid7night

- No text -

Looks promising....

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Saturday, January 30, 2016, 19:20 (3016 days ago) @ BlackstarBSP

I'm now able to launch Apps that wouldn't launch before, but I'm going to wait til Destiny is done installing to try it. I'll keep y'all posted.

I'm back!

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Saturday, January 30, 2016, 23:18 (3016 days ago) @ Mid7night

Factory reset of the console has restored all normal functionality. Destiny has finished reinstalling (as well as all the DLC packs), and I've confirmed that I can log in and everything looks as it should.

SO. WEIRD.

Anyone feel like trying for Oryx again tonight? ;)

I'm back!

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, January 30, 2016, 23:45 (3016 days ago) @ Mid7night

Factory reset of the console has restored all normal functionality. Destiny has finished reinstalling (as well as all the DLC packs), and I've confirmed that I can log in and everything looks as it should.

SO. WEIRD.

Anyone feel like trying for Oryx again tonight? ;)

A factory reset means redownloading and reinstalling all your games, correct?

I don't own any physical discs, and that makes me nervous about being in the preview program. Most of my games are on an external HD, so I guess that negates most of the issues, but maybe I'll go ahead and copy the rest of them over.

I'm back!

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Saturday, January 30, 2016, 23:49 (3016 days ago) @ cheapLEY

A factory reset means redownloading and reinstalling all your games, correct?

I don't own any physical discs, and that makes me nervous about being in the preview program. Most of my games are on an external HD, so I guess that negates most of the issues, but maybe I'll go ahead and copy the rest of them over.

That is correct. If you have a lot, I can see this being prohibitive, but I only have a few.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread