Single player loot in multiplayer

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, June 17, 2013, 10:05 (3966 days ago)

On DestinyHub Con mentioned that Parsons confirmed that you will be able to bring all your loot into competitive multiplayer. This is a little surprising to me, I'm not completely shocked, but I am very curious how they are going to balance it. One of the things I have loved about Halo games is how balanced they have made their multiplayer so I am curious to see how they will balance a million weapons in multiplayer.

Here's the video where Parsons mentions it:

by marmot 1333 @, Monday, June 17, 2013, 13:37 (3966 days ago) @ Xenos

I've been thinking about this a little bit too.

With the three (confirmed) classes, it will be hard enough balancing PvP before you even start considering the (potentially) thousands of weapons & weapon combos.

Perhaps PvP MP will be split into a social/ranked situation. In a social setting, anything goes. But in ranked, everyone gets the same primary & secondary weapons, maybe some limit on abilities.

It will be interesting to see what they bring over from the Halo series (timed weapon drops, static maps, etc..) and what is new.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, June 17, 2013, 13:42 (3966 days ago) @ marmot 1333

I've been thinking about this a little bit too.

With the three (confirmed) classes, it will be hard enough balancing PvP before you even start considering the (potentially) thousands of weapons & weapon combos.

Perhaps PvP MP will be split into a social/ranked situation. In a social setting, anything goes. But in ranked, everyone gets the same primary & secondary weapons, maybe some limit on abilities.

It will be interesting to see what they bring over from the Halo series (timed weapon drops, static maps, etc..) and what is new.

I'm hoping they can somehow make it feel really open like the rest of Destiny in the competitive multiplayer. I'm thinking Battlefield sized maps.

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Monday, June 17, 2013, 14:02 (3966 days ago) @ Xenos

I'm having a feeling that Bungie is going to do something crazy new with multiplayer if that's the case.

I can't imagine they'll hold onto some of their other classic design decisions with a controller weapon set out the window.

Should be very interesting.

Big maps, big teams, and teamwork will trump everything

by RC ⌂, UK, Monday, June 17, 2013, 15:28 (3966 days ago) @ Xenos

Battlefield in space. With magic.

I also believe the levels will not grant you orders of magnitude greater firepower.

Big maps, big teams, and teamwork will trump everything

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Monday, June 17, 2013, 23:36 (3965 days ago) @ RC

Yeah I hope that my character as they level becomes more "tailored" and not "stupidly powerful"

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread