Xbox One Rocket League players! (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, February 21, 2016, 01:08 (2995 days ago)
edited by cheapLEY, Sunday, February 21, 2016, 01:11

I bought Rocket League this evening. I see some of you online in Destiny, but I don't know which of you own RL, so I'm not going to just spam invites. I'll be playing for a while--come join!

I love this game.

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, February 21, 2016, 17:51 (2994 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I'd played before on a buddy's PS4, but only for a few matches. This game is ridiculously fun. It's perfect in just about every way. Gameplay is fun from the get-go, but gets better as I improve. Matches are short, so even when my team is getting destroyed, it's not a big deal (although it blows my mind how many people get out of losing matches, even though it will literally end in four minutes).

My highlight goal of the night:

I'll probably be playing this quite a bit, so feel free to hit me up if you want to play.

I didn't think it was fun.

by Funkmon @, Sunday, February 21, 2016, 19:01 (2994 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Here's where I shit on the games you like again.

I played it on PC for 90 minutes and never had a moment of fun on that game. I'm bad at it, I wasn't engaged, there was no depth, the moment to moment play sucked, I didn't like the camera.

I uninstalled it.

I was very disappointed with that game. Luckily, I found out I hated it quickly, and there's that two hour return window.

Lol.

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, February 21, 2016, 19:49 (2994 days ago) @ Funkmon

We seem to be at opposite ends of the spectrum quite a bit.

It's a pretty refreshing little game to me because of its simplicity. The only unlocks are cosmetic, there's no upgrade trees, no cards to collect, no complications whatsoever. You know exactly what the game is after the first match. It's nice to have a game I can pick up and play for ten or twenty minutes (or three hours like last night) and requires very little commitment. But at the same time, there's still plenty of game there and skills to master that it's engaging. I was watching people rocket around through the air in ways that I'm not sure I'll ever be competent enough to pull off.

Basically confirms that it is a good game.

by ProbablyLast, Sunday, February 21, 2016, 20:38 (2994 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

Is there a trial version?

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Sunday, February 21, 2016, 22:14 (2994 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

Not that I'm aware of.

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, February 21, 2016, 22:31 (2994 days ago) @ Leviathan

A quick search turned up nothing, so it doesn't look like it.

...Can I just come over and play it then?

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Sunday, February 21, 2016, 23:10 (2994 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

Of course.

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, February 21, 2016, 23:40 (2994 days ago) @ Leviathan

If you ever find yourself passing through the middle-of-nowhere Missouri.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread