Borderlands playthrough starts this week! On Bone or 360! (Fireteam Builder Events)

by Funkmon @, Monday, February 22, 2016, 18:50 (2985 days ago)

Me and ProbablyLast and Narc are going to play Borderlands on the 360 because we're bored. To start it off, we're going to play tonight, tomorrow, and Wednesday at 11 Eastern. Then, we will play on Wednesday nights at 11. If anyone's up for it, hop on. I'll try to keep us updated with our levels as we progress.

If literally anyone wants to play this, I'll be amazed.

Borderlands playthrough starts this week! On Bone or 360!

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, February 22, 2016, 21:05 (2985 days ago) @ Funkmon

Me and ProbablyLast and Narc are going to play Borderlands on the 360 because we're bored. To start it off, we're going to play tonight, tomorrow, and Wednesday at 11 Eastern. Then, we will play on Wednesday nights at 11. If anyone's up for it, hop on. I'll try to keep us updated with our levels as we progress.

If literally anyone wants to play this, I'll be amazed.

I totally would, since I never finished some of the Borderlands 1 DLC... But since I don't have a Gold account (and likely won't ever again), I'll just give you my blessing. :P

Bloodwing Sniper Mordechai FTW!

There're some cheap month-3 month long gold deals out there.

by Funkmon @, Monday, February 22, 2016, 21:27 (2985 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

There're some cheap month-3 month long gold deals out there.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, February 22, 2016, 22:12 (2985 days ago) @ Funkmon

Thanks, but I'm not too big on Xbone outside of Destiny and some Halo 5.

I'm actually mooching off my brother's Gold account, since he only plays on 360, so I just set his account as the "Home" on my Console. It's pretty much the exact same thing, except that I can't play any 360 games online, which at this point is only a rare annoyance (and causes me to miss out on some old-fashioned Borderlands/ODST).

In fact, the last year that I had Gold, Microsoft had gifted it to me because of a screwup on their end, so in a way, I had the last laugh on them after all (ALWAYS request for them to submit a compensation request when they mess up). Fight the powah.

Don't blame you, the Bone is garbage.

by ProbablyLast, Monday, February 22, 2016, 23:11 (2985 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Don't blame you, the Bone is garbage.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, February 23, 2016, 01:38 (2985 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

To be fair, it's not so much the Xbone being crap anymore (updates have made it leaps and bounds better than it was) and more to do with the fact that every single multiplat game that we get is a PS4 purchase, and none of the Xbox exclusives really interest me personally, since I'm pretty burnt out on the franchises, and most new IPs aren't anything that I would really want to play.

I do love playing with the friends that didn't cross over, though. That alone has made the Xbone a worthwhile purchase (and quite a few of the PS4 crew have made Xbox Destiny accounts for the same reason)... Just not a pay-for-my-own-yearly-subscription type of "worth it". :P

Top tip: press back and start to bring up 360 button.

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, February 23, 2016, 17:21 (2984 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

Just a bit early for me

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Tuesday, February 23, 2016, 18:08 (2984 days ago) @ Funkmon

If you decide to do this again next month, I may be able to join in!

March Games With Gold.

-Disciple

Just a bit early for me

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, February 23, 2016, 18:11 (2984 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

If you decide to do this again next month, I may be able to join in!

March Games With Gold.

-Disciple

I highly recommend the XBone version of Borderlands. It's plays so much better. Sure it's not Borderlands 1, but if you are going to play the second one do it. It also comes with all of the expansions including the holiday specific ones.

Just a bit early for me

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Tuesday, February 23, 2016, 18:22 (2984 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I highly recommend the XBone version of Borderlands. It's plays so much better. Sure it's not Borderlands 1, but if you are going to play the second one do it. It also comes with all of the expansions including the holiday specific ones.

Man, it's only $24 for XBL gold members, too. If I hadn't just bought a car, I might be tempted to snag it. Going to have to keep that budget tight for a while, though :p

-Disciple

Only buy it after you try the first one.

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, February 23, 2016, 18:40 (2984 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

If you like the first one, then go for it. The game is not particularly fun.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, February 23, 2016, 18:43 (2984 days ago) @ Funkmon

If you like the first one, then go for it.

I actually liked the second one more than the first one. They definitely improved upon almost everything in the second one.

The game is not particularly fun.

All lies.

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Tuesday, February 23, 2016, 18:49 (2984 days ago) @ Funkmon

The first one is the only one I've played. I snagged it on a NewEgg deal for maybe $5 several years ago. It was fun, but I didn't care enough about the story to bother with the sequel. I've heard good things about this "Handsome Jack" though.

-Disciple

The story is irrelevant. I don't even know it.

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, February 23, 2016, 18:52 (2984 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

I've played all the games, and I seriously could not tell you the story of Borderlands 2. I've played it like 5 times, including the DLC.

But if you had fun with the guns and crap on the original, then buy the Handsome collection. You will have fun with that.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, February 23, 2016, 19:01 (2984 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

The first one is the only one I've played. I snagged it on a NewEgg deal for maybe $5 several years ago. It was fun, but I didn't care enough about the story to bother with the sequel. I've heard good things about this "Handsome Jack" though.

-Disciple

Funkmon is right when he says the story isn't exactly complex. What makes the Borderlands truly amazing isn't the story as a whole it's the characters in the story. The characters and their development is what makes the game (and game play). And almost every single character in Borderlands 2 was memorable to me. I hardly even remember who the bad guys were in Borderlands 1.

The bad guys in the first game were Gearbox

by ProbablyLast, Tuesday, February 23, 2016, 19:59 (2984 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

For the bullshit ending.

I don't even remember it.

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, February 23, 2016, 20:00 (2984 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

- No text -

bad guys were the various Corps. looking for vault

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Tuesday, February 23, 2016, 20:39 (2984 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

General Knox's Armory DLC was probably the best thing about Borderlands 1. I played the hell outta that.

Especially the fast travel in between sections.

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, February 23, 2016, 20:40 (2984 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

- No text -

I liked every DLC.

by ProbablyLast, Tuesday, February 23, 2016, 22:23 (2984 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

Except the Moxxi one, obviously.

Just a bit LATE for me

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, February 23, 2016, 19:28 (2984 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

Otherwise I'm tempted to join. Played it for a few hours and just couldn't get into it back in the day.

We could probably do it Tuesdays earlier. What time?

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, February 23, 2016, 19:33 (2984 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

We could probably do it Tuesdays earlier. What time?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, February 23, 2016, 21:14 (2984 days ago) @ Funkmon

Before 10 EST, ideally.

I'm having a ton of fun.

by ProbablyLast, Tuesday, February 23, 2016, 20:13 (2984 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

I'll run it next month with you guys if a few are interested.

Honestly I might too once I get the good guns.

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, February 23, 2016, 20:32 (2984 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

- No text -

I'm having a ton of fun.

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Tuesday, February 23, 2016, 20:41 (2984 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

I'll run it next month with you guys if a few are interested.

I sold my disc awhile back. Will have to snag it when it comes on games with gold, and transfer my old 360 saves to cloud storage.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread