I'm way more hyped for the PS4 3.50 Update then I should be. (Gaming)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, March 01, 2016, 22:40 (2985 days ago)
edited by CyberKN, Tuesday, March 01, 2016, 22:44

• Notifications for when your friends come online. You can also tailor which friends trigger notifications.
  • Appear offline mode.
  • PC/Mac Remote play - Really glad to hear about this, as the unofficial workaround I used before has become unreliable.

Source

I'm way more hyped for the PS4 3.50 Update then I should be.

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, March 01, 2016, 23:00 (2985 days ago) @ CyberKN

• Notifications for when your friends come online. You can also tailor which friends trigger notifications.

How does a modern, internet connected console not ship with that? That's sort of ridiculous. To be fair, I wish the Xbox had better customization about what and who trigger notifications.

by Phoenix_9286 @, Wednesday, March 02, 2016, 04:55 (2985 days ago) @ cheapLEY

How does a modern, internet connected console not ship with that? That's sort of ridiculous. To be fair, I wish the Xbox had better customization about what and who trigger notifications.

I wish the Xbox had more RELIABLE notifications. I thankfully always see when people sign in now, but that was not always the case. It's still hit or miss about notifying me if I or someone else leaves a party (because who doesn't enjoy relaying enemy positions to themselves for five straight minutes?), and sending/receiving invites. Oh, you sent six invites? Never got one/it's sitting right here and didn't say a word.

I'm still kind of flabbergasted at how much they managed to break going from 360 to One considering these are core UI features.

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Wednesday, March 02, 2016, 05:00 (2985 days ago) @ Phoenix_9286

I'm still kind of flabbergasted at how much they managed to break going from 360 to One considering these are core UI features.

Still waiting on my background music/custom soundtracks to come back! Grrr....

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Tuesday, March 01, 2016, 23:45 (2985 days ago) @ CyberKN

I was much more interested in the ability to schedule events, and the auto-join feature for said events.

(not that the Fireteam builder tool here is bad or anything)

I hope Xbox adds something like this too!

Good stuff coming to the Xbox, too...

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, March 02, 2016, 12:45 (2984 days ago) @ CyberKN
edited by Kermit, Wednesday, March 02, 2016, 12:58

Good stuff coming the Xbox, too...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, March 02, 2016, 12:58 (2984 days ago) @ Kermit

Like 16-player party chat!

http://majornelson.com/2016/03/01/coming-to-preview-buy-xbox-360-games-on-xbox-one-16-person-party-chat-and-more/?lin...

If the old Halo days were any indication, 16-player party chat will quickly prove that too much of a good thing is a bad thing... I think the 12-player cap that we have right now is pushing it.

"Include Party Chat in Twitch broadcasts"

Definitely something that I wanted to see. Streaming is awkward when you're just talking to yourself.

Based on Xbox Feedback, it’s clear that fans want to be able to configure the length of their Game DVR recordings.

And so their answer is 15-second recording and a default time, rather than the longer clips that pretty much everyone was asking for...
I wish they would let you opt out of auto-uploading in exchange for longer recording.

I'm not excited about the Xbox-PC merger they're pushing.

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, March 02, 2016, 17:07 (2984 days ago) @ Kermit

If I wanted a PC, I'd have bought a PC. Iterative updates within a product's lifecycle are not why I got an Xbox.

As long as it's as simple as N64's Expansion Pak...

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, March 02, 2016, 18:47 (2984 days ago) @ Funkmon

If it's one or two simple component swaps within the console's life-cycle, I think I'd be fine with it.

Perhaps it'll be more like iOS?

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, March 02, 2016, 19:31 (2984 days ago) @ ZackDark

I haven't read the article (whatever article this is) in depth, but I've skimmed one. The impression I got is they wanted to go towards something more like the smart phone market. Apple releases an upgraded smart phone every year, yet the same games will play on it. If that's how it really is then I have mixed feelings. If it's buying upgraded parts (like I would on my gaming pc) I really do not want.

Back in the day.

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, March 02, 2016, 19:38 (2984 days ago) @ ZackDark

I'm not sure if this is what you are talking about. But, I remember running a few addon's for my SNES that made it feel ridiculous. At one point I had a Game Saver + plugged in with my Game Genie plugged into it with another game plugged into that. I also ran the game saver -> super game boy -> game boy game genie -> game boy games at one point also.

But did it disguise itself as a vacuum cleaner?

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Wednesday, March 02, 2016, 20:52 (2984 days ago) @ unoudid

[image]

OMG lol

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, March 02, 2016, 21:17 (2984 days ago) @ uberfoop

- No text -

Now I'm curious

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, March 02, 2016, 21:26 (2984 days ago) @ uberfoop

[image]

What happens when you plug Sonic & Knuckles into Sonic & Knuckles?

-Disciple

Now I'm curious

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, March 02, 2016, 21:29 (2984 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

[image]

-Disciple

The same thing that happens when you plug a random game in to it. You get the NO WAY screen. I know because I have tried it.

Now I'm curious

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Thursday, March 03, 2016, 20:01 (2983 days ago) @ Cody Miller

[image]

-Disciple

The same thing that happens when you plug a random game in to it. You get the NO WAY screen. I know because I have tried it.

Darn. They may have missed a fun easter egg opportunity, there :p

Was the Sonic 1 & Knuckles lockout screen different than other games? I remember that one would say it wasn't compatible, but if you hit all three buttons on the controller it would let you play the sphere collecting bonus stages. I wonder if that works for Sonic & Knuckles & Knuckles. Actually, I wonder if that worked on all incompatible games and I only ever tried it on Sonic 1. Clearly I wasn't curious enough as a child.

-Disciple

Now I'm curious

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, March 03, 2016, 20:15 (2983 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

If the game cart was smaller than 2 megabytes, then yeah you could press all three buttons and get a special stage which was generated using the rom data from the cart. As far as I know his worked for any game under two Megs.

Well, it's a shame it isn't this masterpiece

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, March 02, 2016, 22:23 (2984 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

[image]

Heh.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, March 02, 2016, 22:27 (2984 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

10 year old me would have played the crap out of that!

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Thursday, March 03, 2016, 20:02 (2983 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

Preach. Favorite Sonic playable char by far

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, March 03, 2016, 20:08 (2983 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread