PSVR priced at $399 USD, ships in October. (Gaming)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, March 15, 2016, 19:11 (2975 days ago)

That's significantly less then the competition.

[image]

[image]

I think this is a pic of what you get for that price:
[image]

A free Playstation branded manila folder!

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, March 15, 2016, 20:27 (2975 days ago) @ CyberKN

That's significantly less then the competition.

[image]

[image]

I think this is a pic of what you get for that price:
[image]

I wonder how this will fare. It is cheap to buy and cheap to run. I wonder if it can deliver a quality experience.

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Tuesday, March 15, 2016, 20:32 (2975 days ago) @ Funkmon

I wonder if it can deliver a quality experience.

I wonder if they would take a huge loss on the hardware side to try and become the first to market leader in VR?

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, March 15, 2016, 20:41 (2975 days ago) @ unoudid

Japanese companies do that fairly frequently, but I don't expect so. This one is significantly less advanced, and required add ons that do not appear to come with it.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, March 15, 2016, 20:50 (2975 days ago) @ Funkmon

Japanese companies do that fairly frequently, but I don't expect so. This one is significantly less advanced, and required add ons that do not appear to come with it.

If I am being asked to pay more than the cost of the console itself (with move accessories), then there really needs to be a killer app for me to play. I haven't seen or demoed anything that comes close to that. I am curious about Golem but have doubts based on impressions of journalists who have already played it.

If Golem is being shown off I will do my best to try it to judge for myself.

+1 on the Killer App requirement

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, March 15, 2016, 21:01 (2975 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Though, if I see a PS Camera or Move controllers available at super high discounts, I might pick them up just in case...

+1 on the Killer App requirement

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, March 15, 2016, 21:11 (2975 days ago) @ CyberKN

Though, if I see a PS Camera or Move controllers available at super high discounts, I might pick them up just in case...

A brand new camera is $44, assuming you're in the States. Up until recently, the stores were flooded with used Move controllers, ranging from $15-$40 for the set. Shouldn't be too hard to find deals before PSVR drops.

That's an awful lot of cables

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, March 15, 2016, 20:30 (2975 days ago) @ CyberKN

Is this common with the Oculus and Vive?

Yep.

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, March 15, 2016, 20:45 (2975 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread