Best PS4 games? (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, March 23, 2016, 22:11 (2968 days ago)

Maybe posting this is dumb, as I can probably type the title of this post into google and get largely the same list, but screw it!

Got a PS4 yesterday. It came with The Nathan Drake collection, and I picked up Bloodborne (and am already loving it).

My current list of games to buy is:

-Journey
-Until Dawn
-possibly Destiny, but maybe not
-Infamous
-maybe Last of Us remastered
-Salt and Sanctiary probably

Those are the only PS4 exclusives I've been interested in, but I didn't really pay much attention to PS releases. Am I missing anything?

Best PS4 games?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, March 23, 2016, 22:31 (2968 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Those are the only PS4 exclusives I've been interested in, but I didn't really pay much attention to PS releases. Am I missing anything?

It's on PC, so not a PS4 exclusive completely, but Transistor is one of my favorite games I played on PS4. If you like action RPGs, I highly recommend it.

Best PS4 games?

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, March 23, 2016, 22:35 (2968 days ago) @ Xenos

I actually bought that during the last Steam sale but haven't gotten around to playing it yet. I'll have to get to that soon! That's the same devs that did Bastion, right?

Best PS4 games?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, March 23, 2016, 22:36 (2968 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I actually bought that during the last Steam sale but haven't gotten around to playing it yet. I'll have to get to that soon! That's the same devs that did Bastion, right?

Yep!

Best PS4 games?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, March 23, 2016, 22:43 (2968 days ago) @ cheapLEY

This is a predictable post, but take that maybe off of the Last of Us and put it at the top of your list. It has the best story of any game I've played. It's easy to write off as a zombie game, but it is not a zombie game.

Best PS4 games?

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, March 23, 2016, 22:49 (2968 days ago) @ Kermit

I guess I should have mentioned: I did play The Last of Us on my old roommate's PS3 when he was deployed. It was around when the game first came out. I want to play it again, but I can already predict I'll get only part of the way through and abandon it because I've played it already. 2016 is shaping up to be a busy year for gaming, but I may get TLoU if there's a lull at some point.

Best PS4 games?

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, March 23, 2016, 23:18 (2968 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Destiny. (I claim you for the Refer-a-friend!) :P
Helldivers (4-player isometric co-op shooter). We have had some really fun DBO nights with it.
Beyond: Two Souls/Heavy Rain Collection (QTE/ choice-based story similar to Until Dawn)
I'd get The Last of Us again for the Multiplayer alone (plus, the Left Behind DLC is included, and you can try Grounded difficulty!)
And it's not exclusive to PlayStation, but I highly recommend Dying Light Enhanced Edition.
War Thunder (Free-to-play WWII Tank + Plane combat, Grind is the realist ever, but the actual gameplay is tons of fun).

And it's not exactly an exclusive, but Warframe is almost unplayable (and not really fun at all) on Xbox, but you might have a real fun time on PS4. (Imagine Mass Effect 3's multiplayer, but on crack).

Dammit!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, March 24, 2016, 03:46 (2968 days ago) @ Korny

I hereby challenge Korny to a duel to be your refer a friend. I mean, who endured virgin KF with you? (Maybe you endured that with me.)

Best PS4 games?

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, March 24, 2016, 00:34 (2968 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I'd recommend putting Journey at or near the top of your list. I don't want to oversell it, but it really is one of my all-time favorite games. At the very least, it's a unique and beautiful way to spend a few hours :)

Best PS4 games?

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, March 24, 2016, 01:19 (2968 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I'd recommend putting Journey at or near the top of your list. I don't want to oversell it, but it really is one of my all-time favorite games. At the very least, it's a unique and beautiful way to spend a few hours :)

That is definitely at the top of my list, currently. I think I'm going to get it tomorrow and play it in the evening, before I dive into the Uncharted games.

I loved Dark Souls, but I'm undecided on Bloodborne so far. Despite being pretty similar, they feel very, very different. The lack of a shield, and large mobs of enemies makes Bloodborne a very different (and so far, much more frustrating) game.

Two other random thoughts after just a day with the PS4.

1. The controller is much better than I anticipated. I hated the PS3 controller with a passion. Mainly it just felt too small and was really uncomfortable for me to hold. The PS4 controller is about on par with the 360 controller for me, but still slightly below the Xbox One controller (and miles below the Elite controller, but so is everything).

2. I have new appreciation for the Kinect. I always like it, but I've just now truly realized how often I use voice commands to do things on the One. "Xbox, on," being the best, closely followed by "Take a screenshot," "Snap/Unsnap Party," etc. It's such a small thing, but damn is it nice. It's not a knock against the PS4, I see that it has that functionality, too, if you have the camera, but I don't yet, so it's just a more notable absence than I anticipated.

Best PS4 games?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, March 24, 2016, 05:43 (2967 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Wolfenstien New Order was surprisingly good. That might have been available on xbox though.

I added a bunch of you folks!

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, March 24, 2016, 14:48 (2967 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I used the spreadsheet and added everyone that I recognized on PS4. Apologies if I missed anyone, send me a request if I did!

I added a bunch of you folks!

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, March 24, 2016, 14:54 (2967 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I used the spreadsheet and added everyone that I recognized on PS4. Apologies if I missed anyone, send me a request if I did!

I sawed. Let me know if you feel like Shareplaying a game that I have!

PS. forgot to recommend Grim Fandango Remastered. It's on sale!

Best PS4 games?

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Friday, March 25, 2016, 14:25 (2966 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Like so many "great games" I have bought it and not played it, but Dishonored Definitive edition comes highly recommended.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread