Anyone else taking a quantum break from Destiny? (Gaming)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, April 04, 2016, 13:49 (2956 days ago)

- No text -

A little

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, April 04, 2016, 14:09 (2956 days ago) @ Kermit

I got a review copy a couple weeks ago and have spent a little time with it (I've played to the end of Chapter 2... there are 5 chapters total).

Cool game, although as is often the case these days, I'm having trouble sticking with it. The action can be pretty good, and they use the time stuttering effects to do some really awesome stuff with the environments. The live action tv episodes between chapters are fun, too. Decently well put together. I certainly enjoyed the 4-5 hours I spent with it, just not sure I'll stick with it. But if nothing else, I think it deserves credit for trying some new things and being so bold with the live action stuff.

A little

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, April 04, 2016, 14:26 (2956 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I got a review copy a couple weeks ago and have spent a little time with it (I've played to the end of Chapter 2... there are 5 chapters total).

Cool game, although as is often the case these days, I'm having trouble sticking with it. The action can be pretty good, and they use the time stuttering effects to do some really awesome stuff with the environments. The live action tv episodes between chapters are fun, too. Decently well put together. I certainly enjoyed the 4-5 hours I spent with it, just not sure I'll stick with it. But if nothing else, I think it deserves credit for trying some new things and being so bold with the live action stuff.

I saw you had played it and was interested in what you thought. I'm intrigued by the time mechanics. It seems like a maturation of Max Payne's bullet time (I'm a fan of the first two games), and this time, that element is integral to the plot. There's a plot--enough of one to fuel a TV series featuring some of my favorite actors. (If the latter is as good as, say, season one of Orphan Black, I'll be happy.) That's to say, my expectations aren't through the roof, but this is an experiment I'm happy to support.

Just Got A 310 Juju, So...No.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, April 04, 2016, 14:23 (2956 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

I just got one, too. Leveled it up last night.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, April 04, 2016, 14:34 (2956 days ago) @ Morpheus

There's almost always a new gun to play with in Destiny--at least for me.

How much money is it worth?

by Funkmon @, Monday, April 04, 2016, 14:34 (2956 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

71 Days and counting

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, April 04, 2016, 15:00 (2956 days ago) @ Kermit

But wtf is quantum break :-p

Counting the days is indicative of a problem...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, April 04, 2016, 15:27 (2956 days ago) @ Cody Miller

But wtf is quantum break :-p

[image]

;)

If you want, there are plenty of games that we'll play with you.

You downloaded Helldivers, right?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, April 04, 2016, 16:31 (2956 days ago) @ Korny
edited by Cody Miller, Monday, April 04, 2016, 16:36

Nah sorry. Probably won't really play anything new until Mirror's Edge or until I finish Deponia Doomsday.

Also admitting you have a problem is the first step to overcoming it! :-)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, April 04, 2016, 17:14 (2956 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Nah sorry.

Dang, you'd love it. The rest of us do, and it does unlockables right (you always know exactly how to get them).

Also admitting you have a problem is the first step to overcoming it! :-)

Says the guy who's talked about playing a tabletop version of Destiny. :v

Probably won't really play anything new until Mirror's Edge or until I finish Deponia Doomsday.

... Not the type of game I'd picture you playing... Then again, you did play through Broken Age...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, April 04, 2016, 17:38 (2956 days ago) @ Korny
edited by Cody Miller, Monday, April 04, 2016, 17:42

Says the guy who's talked about playing a tabletop version of Destiny. :v

Actually started last Saturday. A warlock on the group succeeded in an insight check on the Speaker, and could sense he was hiding something…

We can't continue till May, but it's been pretty rad so far. For the curious, it's 5th edition rules, but the DM is fast and loose and fudges everything in the sake of fun.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, April 04, 2016, 19:17 (2956 days ago) @ Cody Miller

A warlock on the group succeeded in an insight check on the Speaker, and could sense he was hiding something…

Yes, his face.

An Xbox/Windows 10 exclusive.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, April 04, 2016, 15:27 (2956 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread