a silly little theory

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Sunday, June 23, 2013, 12:46 (3972 days ago)

So, I've been revisiting the fine city of New Mombassa. Some recent ODST co-op games renewed my interest, so I decided to do a legendary run with a new profile, so I would get all of Vergil's audio log signals, which really brought the city to life during my original play through. I had a great time this time, too!

At the beginning of the Coastal Highway level I was lingering over the Destiny teaser image that NSUSoldier called to everyone's attention a while back. (BTW, happy birthday, dude!)

[image]

I've been so captivated by the appearance of the traveler at other times, that I've not thought about the company name, "Asklon," very much. This time I did, and I was struck by the idea that "Asklon" is a kind of portmanteau of Ask L(ater) On. Heh.

I'm thinking this could save Deej a lot of time in the mailbag.

Fan: Hey Deej! Will there be a PC version of Destiny?

Deej: Asklon!

I may not be the first to come up with this. (Searches of HBO's forum yielded some corrupt data that I couldn't read.) Loftus says that in earlier games Asklon was Askloun, but they removed you "u" to avoid it being pronounced as "ass clown." That detracts a bit from my theory, but "Ask Later On" gave me a chuckle regardless.

Did we ever confirm which artist put this in?

Kermit

P.S. I debated for a bit which forum to post this to, but I thought if someone from Bungie would like to comment, they might better see it here.

a silly little theory

by Mix ⌂ @, New Braunfels, Texas, Sunday, June 23, 2013, 12:58 (3972 days ago) @ Kermit

the asklon was to Ask Deleon. Vic Deleon put the egg there :p

a silly little theory

by ncsuDuncan @, Sunday, June 23, 2013, 13:04 (3972 days ago) @ Kermit

Vic Deleon: "I think it was Chris Barrett who made the signs. Bet you don't know the meaning behind ASKLON!"

ASKLOUN was seen in "First Look Halo 2" though in the final game it was changed to TTERRAB INDUSTRIES. (Barrett backwards.)

a silly little theory

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Sunday, June 23, 2013, 13:23 (3972 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

Vic Deleon: "I think it was Chris Barrett who made the signs. Bet you don't know the meaning behind ASKLON!"

ASKLOUN was seen in "First Look Halo 2" though in the final game it was changed to TTERRAB INDUSTRIES. (Barrett backwards.)

Thanks for the video. I'd read that it made an appearance, and it does at 1:27.

I responded to Vic's tweet. We'll see if there's a response.

This article is several months old, but it speculates about possible Destiny locations related to this image:

[image]

a silly little theory

by Claude Errera @, Sunday, June 23, 2013, 13:16 (3972 days ago) @ Kermit

I may not be the first to come up with this. (Searches of HBO's forum yielded some corrupt data that I couldn't read.)

Corrupt is probably the wrong word. forums.bungie.org moved this morning, and permissions needed tweaking. Should be fine now.

Good to know!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Sunday, June 23, 2013, 15:03 (3972 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

a silly little theory

by Oholiab @, Sunday, June 23, 2013, 19:19 (3972 days ago) @ Kermit

These nuggets are just another reason I have always loved Bungie narratives!

And if anyone wants to play some ODST, let me know!

Dude!

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Sunday, June 23, 2013, 20:20 (3972 days ago) @ Oholiab

If I get internet service up tomorrow, I am totally down for some ODST co-op!

a silly little theory

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Sunday, June 23, 2013, 20:24 (3972 days ago) @ Oholiab

These nuggets are just another reason I have always loved Bungie narratives!

I would definitely be down for playing ODST.

Okay, we have four.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Sunday, June 23, 2013, 20:47 (3972 days ago) @ Xenos

Tomorrow I can start between 8 and 9 EST. Probably have to quit at 10.

Okay, we have four.

by Oholiab @, Sunday, June 23, 2013, 21:38 (3972 days ago) @ Kermit

I can't get online before 9:00 PST tomorrow, but if any of you are still on, I'll look you up! Send me a friend invite if you haven't already!

Okay, we have four.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, June 24, 2013, 05:40 (3971 days ago) @ Oholiab

Sigh. The nurses at the old folks home won't let me stay up that late.

Okay, we have four.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, June 24, 2013, 07:05 (3971 days ago) @ Kermit

Today sadly doesn't really work for me. I'm moving at the moment and my 360 is buried under piles of... something (I probably should've labeled me boxes...).

Okay, we have four.

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Monday, June 24, 2013, 08:29 (3971 days ago) @ Xenos

If tonight doesn't work, I'm also free tomorrow night.

Okay, we have four.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, June 24, 2013, 08:55 (3971 days ago) @ Mr Daax

If tonight doesn't work, I'm also free tomorrow night.

Yeah I think I can find my 360 by tomorrow.

a silly little theory

by Dmiller, Sunday, June 23, 2013, 21:04 (3972 days ago) @ Kermit

One cannot be told what Asklon means, one must see it himself.

Oh, you teases

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, June 23, 2013, 21:20 (3972 days ago) @ Dmiller

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread