How to improve: Purifier Robes (Fan Creations)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, May 06, 2016, 17:34 (2905 days ago)

[image]

Burn Brighter - Activating Radiance from death disorients nearby enemies. Grants Song of Flame.

-or-

Spreading Fire - Activating Radiance instantly revives fallen teammates in a five meter radius.

I like the idea of Spreading Fire, because it grants payers a trade-off when it comes to saving their Radiance. If they go for a manual rez, they can be killed, forcing them to use their radiance (and try to get a revive mid-animation). If they pop it, they'll get an insta-rez, but won't have Radiance available in case of an emergency.

Burn Brighter (and the Purifier Robes as a result) doesn't have much use as-is, so it would benefit from having the rarely-used Song of Flame tied to it.

How to improve: Purifier Robes

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, May 06, 2016, 17:36 (2905 days ago) @ Korny

Spreading Fire - Activating Radiance instantly revives fallen teammates in a five meter radius.

I like this, but I think you'd have to limit it to one ally for balance reasons. It wouldn't come up often that people die in the same spot, but it'd be pretty irritating in Trials especially.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, May 06, 2016, 18:07 (2905 days ago) @ Korny

On the PvE side, this would be rad for hard-mode revives. A true medic class.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, May 06, 2016, 19:05 (2905 days ago) @ Korny

I'm sorry Korny, but it's not a good idea to write about what SHOULD be. You're just writing about some fantasy game that doesn't exist, not what is actually there. That's not the game that Bungie made, and I know you agree with me.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, May 06, 2016, 19:17 (2905 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'm sorry Korny, but it's not a good idea to write about what SHOULD be. You're just writing about some fantasy game that doesn't exist, not what is actually there. That's not the game that Bungie made, and I know you agree with me.

Nice try, but I never said that they should be anything. I was giving my thoughts on how the current Purifier Robes could be improved. Heck, they could be improved in a completely different way by giving them the perks that Bungie originally gave them (explosions on solar kills), or they could be improved by giving you infinite super when your wear them. My thoughts on how I would change them are not arbitrary, nor am I whining and judging the game just because they don't function the way I want them to.

That's why it falls under "fan creation", not "Demands".

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, May 06, 2016, 20:19 (2905 days ago) @ Korny

My thoughts on how I would change them are not arbitrary, nor am I whining and judging the game just because they don't function the way I want them to.

Burn Brighter (and the Purifier Robes as a result) doesn't have much use as-is.

Sounds like whining and judging to me. I get plenty of use out of purifier robes, and don't understand why you would go out of your way to insult one of my most prized exotics by suggesting that they could be "improved"

Bungie hasn't seen any reason to modify them, therefore one might surmise that they would disagree with your assessment. Your "improvements" have the potential to create an imbalanced game where purifier robes become an overly dominant exotic.

/s

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread