PS3 deal *OT*

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, June 25, 2013, 15:20 (3970 days ago)

The deal is here.

Questions:

Is this a good deal?

Is The Last of Us really, really scary? I'm not big on zombies, but this game seems like it would have a good story, and I was impressed with the demo I saw at PAX last year.

Other reasons to buy a PS3? Or not to buy?

I'm just considering it as an option. Looks like the price might not drop right away.

PS3 deal *OT*

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Tuesday, June 25, 2013, 15:31 (3970 days ago) @ Kermit

The deal is here.

Questions:

Is this a good deal?

Is The Last of Us really, really scary? I'm not big on zombies, but this game seems like it would have a good story, and I was impressed with the demo I saw at PAX last year.

I'm just considering it as an option. Looks like the price might not drop right away.

Personally, I would wait and see what Gaikai has to offer before spending $250. If it ends up working terribly, chances are you could still find a PS3 around at a (probably) cheaper price after the PS4 release.

Unless, of course, you really really really want to play Last of Us like NAOW. Then I don't see why not.

Thanks, Mr. Daax!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, June 25, 2013, 15:49 (3970 days ago) @ Mr Daax

You know, I guess I don't follow Sony news close enough, and it went completely over my head if it was mentioned during the E3 presentation.

Intriguing possibilities to be sure.

You're welcome :)

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Tuesday, June 25, 2013, 16:03 (3970 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

PS3 deal *OT*

by biggy ⌂ @, Tinseltown, Tuesday, June 25, 2013, 17:24 (3970 days ago) @ Mr Daax

The deal is here.

Questions:

Is this a good deal?

Personally, I would wait and see what Gaikai has to offer before spending $250. If it ends up working terribly, chances are you could still find a PS3 around at a (probably) cheaper price after the PS4 release.

Unless, of course, you really really really want to play Last of Us like NAOW. Then I don't see why not.

This. My PS3 broke a few years ago, but I really want to play Journey and TLoU. I'll probably wait to see how Gaikai works or just wait for a significant PS3 price drop.

PS3 deal *OT*

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Tuesday, June 25, 2013, 16:21 (3970 days ago) @ Kermit

I'm not a huge fan of zombies either, and when I bought the game thinking it wasn't to be all that zombie central, I wasn't disappointed. Their presence in the world, while important, is never the main focus? They're spread nicely throughout the game, dropping in and out, while you experience other... stuff.

I didn't personally find the game to be scary, or at least not jump scary. The world Naughty Dog have constructed is an immersive and visceral place, especially the combat, and that's where the fear would seep in most, I think - you really feel like you're trying to survive, regardless of the nature of the enemy, zombie or otherwise.

If you do decide on a PS3, I think it's worth investigating further. It caught me by surprise!

PS3 deal *OT*

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, June 25, 2013, 17:02 (3970 days ago) @ Kermit

I was less creeped out in Last of Us than in Bioshock 1. Really they did a really good job fitting in the zombies as just a force and the post-apocalyptic setting as a backdrop to tell a story. The ending to that game was one of the best ones I've ever experienced.

PS3 deal *OT*

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Wednesday, June 26, 2013, 06:42 (3969 days ago) @ Kermit

Last of Us isn't as scary as it is stressful. I can only play so much at any time, each room you have to stealth is like waking up for ninja school final exam and realizing you never went to class. You learn as you go and never feel fully equipped to handle the situation. In Combat however you feel strong, Joel feels like the mofuggin Batman delivering swift 18 wheelers into his enemies foreheads, genitals, and other vital areas.

Must play.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread