New knobs for your shafts. (Destiny)

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Tuesday, June 07, 2016, 19:41 (2880 days ago)

[image]

Link.

Somebody tell me how they feel! I've enjoyed KontrolFreek in the past.

New knobs for your shafts.

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Tuesday, June 07, 2016, 20:06 (2880 days ago) @ Leviathan

I saw this, a bit late to the game no? But I still use my ControlFreaks, because I have big hands and so it hurts without them. These look nice and seem to have some solid grip points.

New knobs for your shafts.

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Tuesday, June 07, 2016, 22:28 (2880 days ago) @ Leviathan

I'd be up for a custom elite controller destiny pack like they did for Halo 5. Doubt that will happen though.

Did not know about elite controller packs... $$$$$

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, June 08, 2016, 11:01 (2879 days ago) @ unoudid

- No text -

Way overpriced.... but cool still

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, June 08, 2016, 12:02 (2879 days ago) @ kidtsunami

- No text -

Way overpriced.... but cool still

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, June 08, 2016, 13:06 (2879 days ago) @ unoudid

Glad this doesn't exist for Destiny. I don't want that temptation.

What flavor are they?

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Tuesday, June 07, 2016, 22:52 (2880 days ago) @ Leviathan

[image]

Good chuckle at your headline, Claude!

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Wednesday, June 08, 2016, 01:30 (2880 days ago) @ Leviathan

- No text -

+1 :D

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Wednesday, June 08, 2016, 01:49 (2880 days ago) @ Leviathan

- No text -

-1 Missed obvious pun

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, June 08, 2016, 16:42 (2879 days ago) @ Leviathan

if you're looking for a way to increase your control when playing Destiny (or, really, any console-based shooter), these are fantastic!

Don't you mean fanta-stick?

[image]

Ya know. 'Cuz they're for thumbsticks?

No?

I'll see myself out.

-Disciple

Stuntmutt STILL has no real worries.

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, June 08, 2016, 19:14 (2879 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

if you're looking for a way to increase your control when playing Destiny (or, really, any console-based shooter), these are fantastic!

Don't you mean fanta-stick?

[image]

Ya know. 'Cuz they're for thumbsticks?

No?

I'll see myself out.

-Disciple

Look cool, but...

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Wednesday, June 08, 2016, 16:08 (2879 days ago) @ Leviathan
edited by BeardFade, Wednesday, June 08, 2016, 16:16

Like Claude, I use differently heighted Kontrol Freeks, and thus would only ever use one of these.

These sticks work great for me: http://www.kontrolfreek.com/thumbsticks/fps-freek-vortex.html

Look cool, but...

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, June 08, 2016, 16:15 (2879 days ago) @ BeardFade

Wow, they could not have made those any uglier . . .

I've never tried anything like those. Does the extra height really help all that much? I'd be worried about banging my thumbs together on the Dualshock 4. It's the first PS controller I've used where that doesn't actually happen, and I wouldn't want to create that problem again.

Look cool, but...

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, June 08, 2016, 16:44 (2879 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Similar idea on the elite controller. I use the longer domed stick on my right stick to help with precise aiming. Once you get used to the extra height it doesn't feel right to use a regular controller.

Look cool, but...

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, June 08, 2016, 16:50 (2879 days ago) @ unoudid

Similar idea on the elite controller. I use the longer domed stick on my right stick to help with precise aiming. Once you get used to the extra height it doesn't feel right to use a regular controller.

I tried that with my Elite, but the problem I ran into was that it pulled my right thumb further away from the face buttons, making them slower and more awkward to reach. Of course, I should ideally be using the rear paddles instead of the face buttons, but I'm a slow learner :)

Look cool, but...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, June 08, 2016, 16:54 (2879 days ago) @ unoudid

I dunno. I can't use longer sticks (heck, the Xbone controller's longer-than-360 stick length bothered me for a really long time). I tried to use Gamefreaks, and they are ridiculously uncomfortable, especially considering that you have to hook over them to hit the face buttons.

Maybe I just have Trump hands...

Look cool, but...

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, June 08, 2016, 16:56 (2879 days ago) @ Korny

Maybe I just have Trump hands...

[image]

Look cool, but...

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, June 08, 2016, 17:42 (2879 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Wow, they could not have made those any uglier . . .

I've never tried anything like those. Does the extra height really help all that much? I'd be worried about banging my thumbs together on the Dualshock 4. It's the first PS controller I've used where that doesn't actually happen, and I wouldn't want to create that problem again.

I've tried using my 360's on my DS4 controller, I don't notice my thumbs colliding (tho' the left one tends to fall off if I get too vigorous with it).

Higher Right Stick = Finer Movement

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Wednesday, June 08, 2016, 18:16 (2879 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I've played with these sticks for a year and a half now and it's really hard to play on a normal controller anymore.

The longer lever gives you finer control over your reticule movement, which makes those subtle adjustments in a fire fight a bit easier. I also think my drag scoping is a lot better. However, I personally still tend to over aim (always have, always will).

Your sensitivity will feel really slow at first, you can actually probably bump it up one or two and give it a try for a while. The longer throw means it takes a bit longer to hit you max look speed. I find I still use a sensitivity of 4 with these sticks though.

Lastly, it takes a while for your thumb to get used to the height difference down to the buttons. My thumbs handle it just fine, but at first trying to double and triple jump while adjusting my aim was a bit difficulty. I'd accidentally hit the stick with the side of my thumb on the way up or down.

For 15 bucks, it's worth giving a try I think. You may never go back.

Look cool, but...

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, June 08, 2016, 17:40 (2879 days ago) @ BeardFade

Like Claude, I use differently heighted Kontrol Freeks, and thus would only ever use one of these.

These sticks work great for me: http://www.kontrolfreek.com/thumbsticks/fps-freek-vortex.html

I've actually been using my 360's nubby's on my ps4 controller. Sadly they have a slight knack of popping off when things get a little heated, they also ever so slightly restrict my left stick's movement into the upper-lefthand coordinate. I need to find a better solution.

Look cool, but...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, June 08, 2016, 17:55 (2879 days ago) @ dogcow

I've actually been using my 360's nubby's on my ps4 controller. Sadly they have a slight knack of popping off when things get a little heated, they also ever so slightly restrict my left stick's movement into the upper-lefthand coordinate. I need to find a better solution.

I do the same. Stick a thin rod/knife under the PS4 thumbstick and cut out the rubber, then put a paper towel to remove any traces of it. It'll reduce bulk.

YMMV

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, June 08, 2016, 17:17 (2879 days ago) @ Leviathan

I got some extenders a long time ago for my 360 controller, and I loved them. I had two problems: the little clips that hold them on broke OR the little clips damaged my actual controller. I gave up on them.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread