The Law of the Jungle - Rise of Iron Trailer (Destiny)

by breitzen @, Kansas, Friday, June 10, 2016, 03:45 (2877 days ago)

I'll just leave this here. Enjoy.

That's so boss. Music is great, too. :D.

by Funkmon @, Friday, June 10, 2016, 03:48 (2877 days ago) @ breitzen

- No text -

Skreeeeeeeee

by Raflection, Friday, June 10, 2016, 05:45 (2877 days ago) @ breitzen

THE GUY FROM THE TRAILER IS SALADFINGERRRRSSSSS!???!!

not but seriously, this was really well made.

Awesome! music is too loud, can't hear the voiceover :(

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Friday, June 10, 2016, 13:12 (2877 days ago) @ breitzen

- No text -

What are you watching it on?

by breitzen @, Kansas, Friday, June 10, 2016, 13:29 (2877 days ago) @ dogcow

I noticed the audio disparity when I watched it on my phone, but it felt alright on my desktop. But maybe I just know what the VO says so I fill it in inside my head. lol

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Friday, June 10, 2016, 14:34 (2877 days ago) @ breitzen

I noticed the audio disparity when I watched it on my phone, but it felt alright on my desktop. But maybe I just know what the VO says so I fill it in inside my head. lol

MacPro w/ Senheizer HD598SE headphones. If I knew the words better I wouldn't have a problem understanding.

I didn't realize you made this, I thought it was a Bungie production. Very cool mashup, very very cool. B)

by breitzen @, Kansas, Friday, June 10, 2016, 14:42 (2877 days ago) @ dogcow

MacPro w/ Senheizer HD598SE headphones. If I knew the words better I wouldn't have a problem understanding.

Oh yeah. Mashing/balancing the audio was the toughest. Headphones aren't recommended. lol

I didn't realize you made this, I thought it was a Bungie production. Very cool mashup, very very cool. B)

Thanks! Clearly I should have been more obvious that I did it, I confused Kermit too!

It was so well done and the audio and video fit perfectly.

by Funkmon @, Friday, June 10, 2016, 14:49 (2877 days ago) @ breitzen

So I came in, started watching it, and I was like "oh snap. Breitzen is good." Then at the end with how the title card came up, I thought. "Wait. Was this official? That was too awesome."

Just to be sure, I checked to see it was uploaded on your channel.

Top of the line fan trailer.

#MOTW?

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Friday, June 10, 2016, 14:52 (2877 days ago) @ breitzen

- No text -

How are those headphones?

by cheapLEY @, Friday, June 10, 2016, 16:37 (2877 days ago) @ dogcow

I have a set of HD 280 Pros that I love, but they're worn out and due for replacement soon. I've been debating just getting another set since they're only $99 now, or if I should look at a higher end set.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Friday, June 10, 2016, 17:44 (2877 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I have a set of HD 280 Pros that I love, but they're worn out and due for replacement soon. I've been debating just getting another set since they're only $99 now, or if I should look at a higher end set.

I like them. :) How's that for an answer? I'm enough of an audiophile to want good headphones, but not enough to give a good critique. I really need to get a decent pair of headphones w/ mic for my ps4...

Get another pair

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Friday, June 10, 2016, 19:34 (2876 days ago) @ dogcow

My wife does professional sound stuff and she loves the 280 pros. More expensive is mostly just more expensive unless you are professional sound engineer and know exactly what you need.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Friday, June 10, 2016, 20:24 (2876 days ago) @ cheapLEY

http://headphones.specout.com/compare/356-357/Sennheiser-HD-598-vs-Sennheiser-HD280-Pro

I think it comes down to if you prefer open-air or a closed headphones.

280: 8-25kHz, 64Ω, 102dB sensitivity, closed
598: 12-38.5kHz, 50Ω, 112 dB sensitivity, open

They were a gift, if I were purchasing I would seriously consider those 280's. My previous pair of headphones (audio technica somethings) were a closed system and I definitely noticed a difference (not good, not bad, just different) when moving to these open-air phones.

by cheapLEY @, Friday, June 10, 2016, 22:51 (2876 days ago) @ dogcow

http://headphones.specout.com/compare/356-357/Sennheiser-HD-598-vs-Sennheiser-HD280-Pro

They were a gift, if I were purchasing I would seriously consider those 280's. My previous pair of headphones (audio technica somethings) were a closed system and I definitely noticed a difference (not good, not bad, just different) when moving to these open-air phones.

I've honestly never even used an open-air set. I'm like you, in that I'm enough of an audiophile to want a good set of headphones, but I don't actually know all that much about the differences. All the numbers mean absolutely nothing to me. I'll probably follow Blackt1g3r's advice and just get another set of 280 Pros. I may look at a set of 380 Pros for the extra fifty bucks--I think they're just the upgraded version of the same set (?), but I'm not sure I'd really be able to tell the difference. I've heard good things from a buddy that upgraded to the 380s from the 280s. Hell, I don't know. I sure love my current set, though! Enough that I'm actually a bit frustrated at myself that I didn't think to look at Sennheiser when I picked up my Astros for gaming.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Monday, June 13, 2016, 13:42 (2874 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I've honestly never even used an open-air set. I'm like you, in that I'm enough of an audiophile to want a good set of headphones, but I don't actually know all that much about the differences. All the numbers mean absolutely nothing to me.

This much I know about the #'s...

kHz - the frequency range the headphones will play. I'm not sure the limits of human hearing, and I know as you age you lose the ability to hear higher frequencies. When you're talking 8 & 12 hz you're talking pretty dang low. Music really doesn't get that low. 25kHz - 38.5kHz is really really high, as in you probably can't hear it. We're talking the highest pitch whines you might hear coming from electronics.

Ω - Ohms of Resistance (AKA Impedance). This is the electrical resistance of the speakers. The higher the # the more power it takes to drive them.

Sensitivity - The is similar to impedance. I'm not entirely sure how this is measured. I think this is the volume produced with a certain amount of power. Portable electronics can't drive as much power as an amplifier like your receiver on your home theater. So I guess more sensitive is better for portable devices. I don't know if lower sensitivity is better for devices able to put out more wattage.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, June 13, 2016, 16:12 (2874 days ago) @ dogcow
edited by Cody Miller, Monday, June 13, 2016, 16:16

kHz - the frequency range the headphones will play. I'm not sure the limits of human hearing, and I know as you age you lose the ability to hear higher frequencies. When you're talking 8 & 12 hz you're talking pretty dang low. Music really doesn't get that low. 25kHz - 38.5kHz is really really high, as in you probably can't hear it. We're talking the highest pitch whines you might hear coming from electronics.

Human hearing at best is 20hz to 20khz. You can feel vibrations from lower than 20hz but you can't hear them.

It's also pointless getting something that plays frequencies above 20khz since CD music is sampled at 44.1khz and band limited, which means those higher frequencies don't even exist in the audio file.

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Monday, June 13, 2016, 17:19 (2874 days ago) @ dogcow

Ω - Ohms of Resistance (AKA Impedance). This is the electrical resistance of the speakers. The higher the # the more power it takes to drive them.

And generally, the higher the resistance, the better the headphones. My wife was telling me that while she loves her 280 Pros, they eat the batteries on her iPad much faster than any of our other headphones. So if you want mobile, be prepared to sacrifice battery life. If you get headphones with their own preamp that can reduce the battery drain because you have an external battery powering the headphones.

Also, if you just want to listen to music, you are probably better off with a closed design as opposed to an open one. You'll get better bass from the closed design.

The Law of the Jungle - Rise of Iron Trailer

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, June 10, 2016, 13:41 (2877 days ago) @ breitzen

Nicely done, but not as great as the original trailer. The latter makes me wistful. We had so much hope!

by breitzen @, Kansas, Friday, June 10, 2016, 14:03 (2877 days ago) @ Kermit

Nicely done, but not as great as the original trailer. The latter makes me wistful. We had so much hope!

I doubt I'll ever be able to make anything as great as that original. With Destiny 2 we still have...hope for the future.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, June 10, 2016, 14:15 (2877 days ago) @ breitzen

I doubt I'll ever be able to make anything as great as that original. With Destiny 2 we still have...hope for the future.

I didn't realize you made it, breitzen. Good work!

Sigh... How can I be nostalgic for a game im still playing?

by Old Fire Thief @, Silverton, OR, Friday, June 10, 2016, 14:57 (2877 days ago) @ breitzen

1k hours. Sorta forgot that sence of newness and wonder. Great job on the editing, creates a really nice mood.

The part where the audio just cuts out is a bit jarring.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, June 10, 2016, 14:58 (2877 days ago) @ breitzen

- No text -

The part where the audio just cuts out is a bit jarring.

by breitzen @, Kansas, Friday, June 10, 2016, 15:34 (2877 days ago) @ CyberKN

Yeah. In the original there is sound of the hunter reloading his hand cannon and I really wanted to cut it out. But 1:00 am Brett didn't think it all the way through. lol

Awesome Trailer + Awesom Triler = Awesome Trailer

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Friday, June 10, 2016, 15:06 (2877 days ago) @ breitzen

- No text -

MOTW

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Friday, June 10, 2016, 15:21 (2877 days ago) @ breitzen

Here's hoping you get on Cosmo's MOTW. Great concept. I agree with what others have said, it worked fine on my desktop with headphones, but the audio mix could be improved.

MOTW

by breitzen @, Kansas, Friday, June 10, 2016, 15:39 (2877 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

I think I'll try and remix it this weekend before submitting it.

too soon...

by MartyTheElder, Friday, June 10, 2016, 16:46 (2877 days ago) @ breitzen

...but do you need any help?

Bruh...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, June 10, 2016, 16:48 (2877 days ago) @ MartyTheElder

- No text -

Say yes, Breitzen.

by Funkmon @, Friday, June 10, 2016, 17:00 (2877 days ago) @ MartyTheElder

- No text -

Yes Please!

by breitzen @, Kansas, Friday, June 10, 2016, 17:23 (2877 days ago) @ MartyTheElder
edited by breitzen, Friday, June 10, 2016, 17:53

If you're offering... Yes please! Hope everythings going great on Golem.

All I really need is a clean version of Giancarlo's lines. You wouldn't happen to have those lying around would you? ;)
I've got a clean copy of the music (thank you for that!).

Breitzen, the answer you were looking for was yes please

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Friday, June 10, 2016, 17:48 (2877 days ago) @ breitzen

- No text -

Oh no!

by breitzen @, Kansas, Friday, June 10, 2016, 17:54 (2877 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Sorry mom. I fixed it! :)

Yes Please!

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, June 10, 2016, 18:43 (2876 days ago) @ breitzen

If you're offering... Yes please! Hope everythings going great on Golem.

All I really need is a clean version of Giancarlo's lines. You wouldn't happen to have those lying around would you? ;)
I've got a clean copy of the music (thank you for that!).

If you have premiere or some other program that is audio savvy, you can try to do a center extraction in the eq. it's in different places in different programs, but it will extract only what plays on both channels equally, which is voice 95% of the time. Then apply a vocal isolation eq and you can get it reasonably clean. It won't be perfect, but I can be better.

I might have to give that a try

by breitzen @, Kansas, Friday, June 10, 2016, 19:15 (2876 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Thanks for the info Cody!

Can you do the opposite to make karaoke songs?

by Funkmon @, Monday, June 13, 2016, 14:41 (2874 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Generally, no

by marmot 1333 @, Thursday, June 16, 2016, 14:08 (2871 days ago) @ Funkmon

This technique works because the source is 5.1 sound and there is a center channel. Most music is just mixed in stereo and vocals fluctuate across frequencies, mixing in with other instrumentation.

Depending on the label and genre, it is sometimes not so hard to find singles with an acapella or instrumental mix.

Edit: I reread Cody's suggestion and it sounds like that source is just stereo. So.. maybe?

Generally, no

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, June 16, 2016, 14:24 (2871 days ago) @ marmot 1333

This technique works because the source is 5.1 sound and there is a center channel. Most music is just mixed in stereo and vocals fluctuate across frequencies, mixing in with other instrumentation.

Depending on the label and genre, it is sometimes not so hard to find singles with an acapella or instrumental mix.

Edit: I reread Cody's suggestion and it sounds like that source is just stereo. So.. maybe?

So Cody's suggestion should work well in this instance because voice-over tracks for TV/Movies/Games are almost always perfectly centered in the mix, meaning the voice in the left channel is exactly the same as the voice in the right channel.

Vocals in music are more complicated because there are often multiple layers with multiple takes, spread out to various points in the stereo range. So the voices you hear in the left channel are often not identical to the voices in the right channel. There will be a decent amount of overlap, so it would still partially work, but not as effectively.

Thanks for the tip Cody!

by breitzen @, Kansas, Thursday, June 16, 2016, 13:29 (2871 days ago) @ Cody Miller

This worked pretty well! I'm doing some additional audio improvements and editing as well, but I'm already happier with the mix! Hope to have it done this weekend. :)

too soon...

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, June 10, 2016, 17:57 (2877 days ago) @ MartyTheElder

Such a nice guy. [hat tip]

+1

by breitzen @, Kansas, Friday, June 10, 2016, 18:12 (2876 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

+2

by UnrealCh13f @, San Luis Obispo, CA, Saturday, June 11, 2016, 03:56 (2876 days ago) @ breitzen

- No text -

Marty

by breitzen @, Kansas, Saturday, June 11, 2016, 04:16 (2876 days ago) @ MartyTheElder

Not sure how serious/to what extent you were thinking. I know your a busy man, so if you don't have time, no worries. :)

If you decide you want to discuss, shoot me an email: breitzen@gmail.com

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Friday, June 10, 2016, 16:57 (2877 days ago) @ breitzen

nice
VO's hard to hear from about 0:25 to 0:35, replayed that bit a few times, otherwise flawless

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Friday, June 10, 2016, 18:15 (2876 days ago) @ breitzen

Really slick there, way to go!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread