Bungie Week: The Yarticle

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Tuesday, July 02, 2013, 18:06 (3962 days ago)

Beat me to it...

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, July 02, 2013, 18:11 (3962 days ago) @ Grizzlei

I don't get it.

Am I dumb? I mean, besides the obvious dumbness?

Beat me to it...

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Tuesday, July 02, 2013, 18:28 (3962 days ago) @ ZackDark

Unless I'm mistaken, today's loot drop is the little badge that shows a members' tenure on their Bungie.net profile. Then there's promise of more to come tomorrow ;D

Beat me to it...

by ncsuDuncan @, Tuesday, July 02, 2013, 18:29 (3962 days ago) @ ZackDark

Users now have a hexagon (i.e. "loot") on their profile indicating the number of years they've had that Bungie.net account.

There are different color hexagons:
1-4: Gray
5-6: Green
7: Blue
8-9: Green
10-11: Red

That's all I've found so far. I assume this is something meant to appease Mythic members while keeping it from affecting forum discussion (since you have to click on a member to see their status).

This is the oldest member I've come across...

by biggy ⌂ @, Tinseltown, Tuesday, July 02, 2013, 18:33 (3962 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

not a surprise really.
[image]

by ncsuDuncan @, Tuesday, July 02, 2013, 18:36 (3962 days ago) @ biggy

Heh. Naturally.

(This one's older.)

by mnemesis, Tuesday, July 02, 2013, 23:39 (3962 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

Heh. Naturally.

(This one's older.)

Yeah, well, I would hope that being Bungie.net Overlord has its privileges. The oldest community member I recognize is HaveBlue. Just glad I am still older than Claude.

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, July 03, 2013, 12:48 (3962 days ago) @ mnemesis

Heh. Naturally.
(This one's older.)

Yeah, well, I would hope that being Bungie.net Overlord has its privileges. The oldest community member I recognize is HaveBlue. Just glad I am still older than Claude.

Oddly enough, the 'mid' values don't seem to correspond to signup date anymore. I'm 70, but there are many mids lower than me who are 8-year accts. Curious how the IDs were assigned this time around.

These conversations always feel like a bit of navel-gazing…

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, July 03, 2013, 13:54 (3962 days ago) @ Beorn

Heh. Naturally.
(This one's older.)

Oddly enough, the 'mid' values don't seem to correspond to signup date anymore. I'm 70, but there are many mids lower than me who are 8-year accts. Curious how the IDs were assigned this time around.

I was really sad when IDs were reassigned this time around. I used to be #27. Now I'm #90. :(

These conversations always feel like a bit of navel-gazing…

Heh. Oops.

by Achronos, Wednesday, July 03, 2013, 15:50 (3961 days ago) @ Beorn

Multi-threaded import process from the old database caused that. Import grabbed chunks of users and imported them in parallel, resulting in an out-of-order import. Except for my user record (being #1), most people probably got moved around a bit.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Wednesday, July 03, 2013, 16:45 (3961 days ago) @ Achronos

I still can't figure how I have two accounts. I'd forgotten about that. Something happened with my account a while back and I only appear as a 4-year, though I can't remember what.

~M

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, July 03, 2013, 16:53 (3961 days ago) @ Achronos

Multi-threaded import process from the old database caused that. Import grabbed chunks of users and imported them in parallel, resulting in an out-of-order import. Except for my user record (being #1), most people probably got moved around a bit.

Well, that makes quite a bit of sense. Thanks for the elucidation!

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, July 03, 2013, 11:22 (3962 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

Heh. Naturally.

(This one's older.)

Achronos is like the Architect from the Matrix. He is the beginning and the end.

by Achronos, Wednesday, July 03, 2013, 15:53 (3961 days ago) @ Beorn

The little year jewel thingy makes me feel old, and I'm only just 34. I was 21 when hired by Bungie (I was the youngest there for a few weeks). Of course, then I remember regularly reminding Marty that Star Wars already existed when I was born, and I feel a lot better.

Beat me to it...

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, July 02, 2013, 18:34 (3962 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

I was a bit surprised to see I've only had an account there for three years. I guess I spent the the Halo 2 - Reach days only at HBO??

Beat me to it...

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Tuesday, July 02, 2013, 19:22 (3962 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I was a bit surprised to see I've only had an account there for three years. I guess I spent the the Halo 2 - Reach days only at HBO??

I'm actually a little annoyed that mine shows only as 1 year, thanks to my Xbox Live account getting hacked a couple years back and having to recreate my account at Bungie since Xbox wouldn't let me use my original email address. I think I've technically been a Bungie member since 2006 or 2007.

Beat me to it...

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, July 02, 2013, 19:25 (3962 days ago) @ TTL Demag0gue

Yeah. Thinking about it I didn't use B.net much but surely I had an account back in the Halo 2 days. Oh well. Just means we get to be stealth ancients. :)

We've aged well.

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Tuesday, July 02, 2013, 19:48 (3962 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

Beat me to it...

by Avateur @, Tuesday, July 02, 2013, 20:36 (3962 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Haha I like that. What a rockin Destiny clan name. The Stealth Ancients. I wonder if you can be part of multiple clans/factions or whatever in Destiny. Maybe fall under the auspices of DBO, but with individualized groups like Stealth Ancients, TSD, etc.

I seriously can't wait for Bungie to give more details on the clans and things.

Beat me to it...

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, July 02, 2013, 23:32 (3962 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Yeah. Thinking about it I didn't use B.net much but surely I had an account back in the Halo 2 days. Oh well. Just means we get to be stealth ancients. :)

Yeah I had one for Halo 2, but being poor I think when I started my account back up I forgot to use the same account. Oh well, 6 years is still pretty good.

Beat me to it...

by DeeJ ⌂, Bungie, Tuesday, July 02, 2013, 19:37 (3962 days ago) @ TTL Demag0gue

I'm actually a little annoyed that mine shows only as 1 year, thanks to my Xbox Live account getting hacked a couple years back and having to recreate my account at Bungie since Xbox wouldn't let me use my original email address. I think I've technically been a Bungie member since 2006 or 2007.

Noob. 04 or Bust.

Don't you sass me!

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Tuesday, July 02, 2013, 19:49 (3962 days ago) @ DeeJ

I'll box your ears!

Beat me to it...

by Atsumi ⌂, Jefferson City, MO, Tuesday, July 02, 2013, 21:02 (3962 days ago) @ DeeJ

It really is the best year.

Haha!

by RC ⌂, UK, Wednesday, July 03, 2013, 03:52 (3962 days ago) @ DeeJ

Noob. 04 or Bust.

Good thing I'm '04.

01 or Go Home. ;)

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, July 03, 2013, 11:16 (3962 days ago) @ DeeJ

Noob. 04 or Bust.

Beat me to it...

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Wednesday, July 03, 2013, 09:52 (3962 days ago) @ TTL Demag0gue

Ah. As it turns out, my Halo 2 game history on Bungie.net goes back to April 2005, so technically I'm an eight-year Bungie vet. Makes me wish I could figure out how to link my original account with my gamertag again without losing any current Bungie.net activities. Unfortunately, Microsoft has made wading through that particular morass nigh on impossible.

Beat me to it...

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, July 03, 2013, 10:03 (3962 days ago) @ TTL Demag0gue

How do you find the old game history? I don't actually have any Halo 2 history but I should have a ton of Halo 3…

Beat me to it...

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Wednesday, July 03, 2013, 10:28 (3962 days ago) @ Ragashingo

How do you find the old game history? I don't actually have any Halo 2 history but I should have a ton of Halo 3…

It's on your profile under Game History. I clicked on Halo 2 and then clicked to the last page of game history to find my first game. I actually did find my original account (Silent Vandal) which shows I created my original account in Jan 2005. There's just no way to access it. Ultimately, I guess it doesn't really matter. Just woulda been kinda nice to have the bauble match my history. :-)

Beat me to it...

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, July 03, 2013, 11:34 (3962 days ago) @ TTL Demag0gue

Ah. Easier than I thought. I was thinking maybe it was on some shut down / sealed off part of the site. My Halo 3 history say: "Player Since 4/14/2008" so there's that. But then, playing Halo 3 isn't the same as being on Bungie.net I don't suppose.

Beat me to it...

by Avateur @, Tuesday, July 02, 2013, 18:42 (3962 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

What sucks is that during the H2 days, I didn't log into B.net for the longest time (too busy playing H2 :D) and apparently accounts went bye bye after 6 months without logging in (if I recall). So now mine shows up as being created in 2007 when I tried logging in, had a heart attack, and recreated it. Such is life. :(

Beat me to it...

by ncsuDuncan @, Tuesday, July 02, 2013, 18:49 (3962 days ago) @ Avateur

I had an account on Bungie.net as far back as 2003, but when I finally got broadband internet in 2006 I created a new one to match my Xbox Live gamertag. The old account withered and died. It happens.

Beat me to it...

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Tuesday, July 02, 2013, 23:12 (3962 days ago) @ Avateur

What sucks is that during the H2 days, I didn't log into B.net for the longest time (too busy playing H2 :D) and apparently accounts went bye bye after 6 months without logging in (if I recall). So now mine shows up as being created in 2007 when I tried logging in, had a heart attack, and recreated it. Such is life. :(

Same exact thing happened to me, just hadn't physically logged in within the time limit (H3 time period I think?). Really frustrating. When I finally logged again in, shortly beyond 6 months, I was gutted that I had been reset. Even tried messaging admin, but to no avail my years of loyalty were lost to the dust.

Mine's not too shabby

by Atsumi ⌂, Jefferson City, MO, Tuesday, July 02, 2013, 20:56 (3962 days ago) @ Grizzlei

[image]

Mine's not too shabby

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, July 02, 2013, 23:34 (3962 days ago) @ Atsumi

[image]

Yeah I have the User Research Subject title also, I'm curious if that means you sent in an application or that you got chosen.

Mine's not too shabby

by ncsuDuncan @, Tuesday, July 02, 2013, 23:38 (3962 days ago) @ Xenos

Yeah I have the User Research Subject title also, I'm curious if that means you sent in an application or that you got chosen.

Mine changed immediately after filling out the survey; I don't think it means anything beyond that at this point. /dreamcrusher

Mine's not too shabby

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, July 02, 2013, 23:43 (3962 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

Mine changed immediately after filling out the survey; I don't think it means anything beyond that at this point. /dreamcrusher

Ha! No dream crushed here, just curious

Mine's not too shabby

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, July 02, 2013, 23:44 (3962 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

My account, very oddly, listed me as having never filled out the survey. I've done it at least twice before. I bet all you people have been beta testing Destiny and just haven't told me, NDA's and all. :(

He knows to much... sent out the Stealth Ancients

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, July 02, 2013, 23:55 (3962 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

Mine's not too shabby

by ncsuDuncan @, Wednesday, July 03, 2013, 00:22 (3962 days ago) @ Ragashingo

My account, very oddly, listed me as having never filled out the survey. I've done it at least twice before.

Same here. I filled it out again today just to be certain, that seemed to fix it.

Mine's not too shabby

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, July 03, 2013, 11:40 (3962 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

My account, very oddly, listed me as having never filled out the survey. I've done it at least twice before.

Same here. I filled it out again today just to be certain, that seemed to fix it.

Ditto. I'm also a niner, although I think I should be at least an elevener. Or, to borrow a phrase from Mr. Daax, a nineteener at heart.

Mine's not too shabby

by Atsumi ⌂, Jefferson City, MO, Wednesday, July 03, 2013, 09:12 (3962 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I think they had removed all data from before and had people retake it for some reason at one point.

Mine's not too shabby

by zumphry ⌂ @, Wednesday, July 03, 2013, 12:58 (3962 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I bet all you people have been beta testing Destiny and just haven't told me, NDA's and all. :(

It's [REDACTED]! When the [REDACTED] and [REDACTED] [REDACTED]? Holy [REDACTED]!

I'm also so glad I got picked to test the [REDACTED] version. [REDACTED] and [REDACTED] is so much better than a [REDACTED]. [REDACTED] Master Race Forever (it's what [REDACTED] has listed as "[REDACTED] 3" in their internal game list)!

thus forever ruining the .0000000001% chance (if even) I'd ever actually get to beta test anything

Surveys

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, July 03, 2013, 13:00 (3962 days ago) @ Ragashingo

My account, very oddly, listed me as having never filled out the survey. I've done it at least twice before. I bet all you people have been beta testing Destiny and just haven't told me, NDA's and all. :(

I saw the same thing. Filled it out again last night and looks like it's stuck (for now). I wonder if it resets every time the update the survey…

5 years and counting

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Wednesday, July 03, 2013, 06:04 (3962 days ago) @ Atsumi

It's been a good run. Let's keep it going!

Ooh, just checked mine. Guess I'm a 9 too!

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Wednesday, July 03, 2013, 12:46 (3962 days ago) @ Atsumi

- No text -

You'll always be a 10 in my book ;)

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Wednesday, July 03, 2013, 13:47 (3962 days ago) @ Leviathan

- No text -

one day... we'll see our old highest Myth ranks

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, July 03, 2013, 00:57 (3962 days ago) @ Grizzlei

great start to bungie week

oh and happy as a 6 even though I was an emperor one day...

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, July 03, 2013, 10:13 (3962 days ago) @ kidtsunami

- No text -

Emporer! as long as you count that month where ranks bugged

by electricpirate @, Wednesday, July 03, 2013, 12:44 (3962 days ago) @ kidtsunami

- No text -

shhhhhh! good times!

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Thursday, July 04, 2013, 02:22 (3961 days ago) @ electricpirate

- No text -

3 years on the B-net

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Wednesday, July 03, 2013, 11:23 (3962 days ago) @ Grizzlei

But I'm an 11 year at heart :) Been playing since '02.

3 years on the B-net

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Friday, July 05, 2013, 11:58 (3960 days ago) @ Mr Daax

But I'm an 11 year at heart :) Been playing since '02.

Same here. Kind of a bummer but around the time of Reach I forgot about my old B.net account and relinked my email with a new one. I can still look up the stats for my old gamertag dating back to Halo 2's release date, but I suppose that old B.net account is long gone or floating around somewhere in the cold, dark, ethereal depths of the Bungie servers.

by Oholiab @, Wednesday, July 03, 2013, 12:58 (3962 days ago) @ Grizzlei

Browsing B.net left me with a longing for Halo 2 (ah, Zanzibar, I remember your birth at the hands of Joe Staten at an E3 demo long ago...). However, since it's no longer supported on Xbox Live, I'd settle for Halo 3.

Anyone up for some this holiday weekend?

Couldn't resist the trip down memory lane...

by Oholiab @, Wednesday, July 03, 2013, 13:36 (3962 days ago) @ Oholiab

Dang that's good.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, July 03, 2013, 13:48 (3962 days ago) @ Oholiab

Back when Halo felt new and awesome like Destiny feels now. I also like all the little things that went wrong with that demo, things that showed what made Halo unpredictable and awesome compared to just about anything else out at that time.

by electricpirate @, Wednesday, July 03, 2013, 22:24 (3961 days ago) @ Grizzlei

7 years, too bad I can't find my Myth 2 account.

I'm surprised though, I thought I opened an account as soon as Halo 2 was released.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread