Vanguard Report

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, July 11, 2013, 08:20 (3945 days ago)

Fantastic job, ncsuDuncan. You're a good writer. Where did you go to school? ;)

P.S. I covet that DBO jacket.

INDEED!

by breitzen @, Kansas, Thursday, July 11, 2013, 08:52 (3945 days ago) @ Kermit

I knew I should have stayed in LA after school! Seriously good write up and makes me so jealous!

Vanguard Report

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Thursday, July 11, 2013, 08:55 (3945 days ago) @ Kermit

It was a fun read, and makes me excited to see all of yinz at PAX.

Speaking of the DBO jacket, is there a secret contest of getting official DBO gear out in the wild?

Vanguard Report

by ncsuDuncan @, Thursday, July 11, 2013, 17:04 (3945 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

It was a fun read, and makes me excited to see all of yinz at PAX.

Speaking of the DBO jacket, is there a secret contest of getting official DBO gear out in the wild?

Heh, not currently - though there is already a secret swag contest hidden in something we've done.

Vanguard Report

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Friday, July 12, 2013, 06:46 (3944 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

Hmm...

On another note, someday when someone finds all these words from our adventures and times, there will be mythic, symbolic significance behind the Prius. I keep seeing Bungie.org Odyssey's involving a destined hybrid. Scholars maintain it was a sign of foreshadowing and low carbon emissions.

Vanguard Report

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, July 11, 2013, 09:13 (3945 days ago) @ Kermit

Seconded, I'm glad it was such a good experience. It sounds like Bungie really did a good job of making the community people feel appreciated.

We all had the ODST ringtone experience at HBOhio as well. It's surprising for a few seconds the first time, then everyone realizes "well, duh, what did I expect?"

Vanguard Report

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, July 11, 2013, 11:10 (3945 days ago) @ stabbim

We all had the ODST ringtone experience at HBOhio as well. It's surprising for a few seconds the first time, then everyone realizes "well, duh, what did I expect?"

I laughed at that too. No matter where you are, you'll know when a bunch of b.org members are together by the constant Superintendent chirps.

And he's right about what's best. The parts I enjoyed the most were seeing who all showed up and who he met. That's what really makes me want to go.

Yes great job Duncan

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, July 11, 2013, 09:15 (3945 days ago) @ Kermit

Makes me excited for PAX!

Vanguard Report

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Thursday, July 11, 2013, 10:46 (3945 days ago) @ Kermit

Great write-up, Duncan! Thanks for sharing your experience for those of us who couldn't make it. Really makes me wish I could have gone!!

Crossing my fingers for PAX…

great write up! love the editor's note

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Thursday, July 11, 2013, 12:26 (3945 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

Vanguard Report

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Thursday, July 11, 2013, 12:29 (3945 days ago) @ Kermit

That was a fantastic piece! Thanks Duncan.

Home again, home again, jiggity-jig.

Every writeup needs a good Blade Runner reference.

Vanguard Report

by ncsuDuncan @, Thursday, July 11, 2013, 17:01 (3945 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

That was a fantastic piece! Thanks Duncan.

Home again, home again, jiggity-jig.

Every writeup needs a good Blade Runner reference.

Consoles are like any other machine - they're either a benefit or a hazard. If they're a benefit, it's not my problem.

O, I see what you did there… Clever…

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Thursday, July 11, 2013, 19:05 (3944 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

- No text -

It was a really great read

by Avateur @, Friday, July 12, 2013, 17:23 (3943 days ago) @ Kermit

I'm glad you all had a great time, and thanks for detailing the adventures! :D

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread