Joe Staten and Major Nelson show off Recore Gameplay. (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, September 07, 2016, 00:57 (2792 days ago)

Twitch archive

I'm only about halfway through the video, so I can't say much. I can sum it up so far just by saying that the game looks neat. Looks like it fits in the same gameplay space as something like the Ratchet and Clank remake from earlier this year or Sunset Overdrive--just a fun little distraction. Not sure it's something I'd want to really sink into and play for hours and hours, but I don't get the impression that it's going for that.

PS-I miss seeing and hearing Joe Staten in Bungie ViDocs. I just always liked that guy's energy and the way he talks about things.

Joe Staten and Major Nelson show off Recore Gameplay.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, September 07, 2016, 01:05 (2792 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Twitch archive

I'm only about halfway through the video, so I can't say much. I can sum it up so far just by saying that the game looks neat. Looks like it fits in the same gameplay space as something like the Ratchet and Clank remake from earlier this year or Sunset Overdrive--just a fun little distraction. Not sure it's something I'd want to really sink into and play for hours and hours, but I don't get the impression that it's going for that.

PS-I miss seeing and hearing Joe Staten in Bungie ViDocs. I just always liked that guy's energy and the way he talks about things.

Funny thing. Everything that I had seen about Recore looked generic-to-bad, and I honestly had no idea why people were really hyped. It wasn't until About a week or two ago that I found out Joe Staten was involved (I've been totally out of the gaming loop the past couple of months outside of subscribed YouTube channels), and to me that explained why folks around here were so oddly optimistic. Funny what a tiny bit of bias can do.

That said, it's no secret that I'm no fan of Staten, so that doesn't exactly make the game look any better for me, but hey, to each their own. ;)

I'm there with you.

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, September 07, 2016, 01:13 (2792 days ago) @ Korny

I still don't get why anyone would be really eagerly anticipating this game.

Like I said, I think it looks neat. That's about it. It doesn't look amazing, but it looks like a fun video game ass video game. It does look like it could wear out and get repetitive pretty quickly, but who knows? At a $40 price point, I see it being a fun little distraction.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, September 08, 2016, 13:15 (2791 days ago) @ Korny

I don't know why they would be optimistic. Joe is not a game designer as far as I know. He was involved with the writing. I am not sure why anyone would expect the game to play a certain way with him attached.

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, September 08, 2016, 13:35 (2791 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I don't know why they would be optimistic. Joe is not a game designer as far as I know. He was involved with the writing.

What, people can't be excited about that now?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, September 08, 2016, 14:05 (2791 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I don't know why they would be optimistic. Joe is not a game designer as far as I know. He was involved with the writing.

What, people can't be excited about that now?

This particular thread seemed to be geared towards the game mechanics, something he wasn't responsible for.

I miss Joe too.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, September 07, 2016, 12:44 (2792 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I'll probably pick this up as it intrigues me. I only have a couple games on my dusty old XB1, the Master Chief Collection and Vanilla Destiny, so it'll be a good reason to dust it off and fire it up.

Edit: Do we know how much Mr. Staten was involved with this game?

I miss Joe too.

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Thursday, September 08, 2016, 17:13 (2790 days ago) @ dogcow

Edit: Do we know how much Mr. Staten was involved with this game?

Not really, but he is supposed to be in charge of story over there at MS so I assume he would have had a pretty strong hand in the story aspects. I think the story sounds very intriguing and I'm liking what I'm seeing from a gameplay perspective. For $40 I don't have any problem pre-ordering this one.

256GB HDD required for PC? What!?

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Wednesday, September 07, 2016, 19:48 (2791 days ago) @ cheapLEY

http://www.recoregame.com/2016/08/16/recore-pc-work-in-progress-specs/

it does say that those specs are not final, i sure hope the HDD is a typo, my gosh.

Ouch

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, September 12, 2016, 15:32 (2787 days ago) @ cheapLEY

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/recore?ref=hp

Would love an actual review of someone who has played it because aggregates don't tell the whole story, and journalists are ill equipped at actually reviewing games. Still, they usually overrate rather than underrate.

I preordered

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Monday, September 12, 2016, 16:51 (2786 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'll give my impressions once I've played it. From the reviews it sounds like the game is pretty fun during the first half and gets bogged down by requiring the player to search for things during the second half, but we'll see.

Apparently having Loading issues as well.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, September 12, 2016, 18:58 (2786 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Up to two minutes at times.

The Witcher 3's loading and respawning times were unbearable, but only a minute at their worst. Two minutes for something that you're doing often? Unable to be believed...

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread