Thoughts on Private Matches (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, September 14, 2016, 14:00 (2784 days ago)

Rift on Cauldron is the dumbest thing ever :-p
Rift on First Light rocks.
6v6 Elimination is a very different than 3v3 and actually quite enjoyable.
There's no mayhem elimination option!
This is a very good and very fun thing.
Eventually we should have true custom games like options.

So far so good. It was super fun last night. Anyone who played send me footage and I can make a funtage. Not like your typical montage. You'll see (if enough people send me stuff!) silly, stupid, and great play clips please.

Thoughts on Private Matches

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, September 14, 2016, 14:18 (2784 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Gametypes that were surprisingly fun:

- 6v6 Salvage
- "infection", humans use only fusion rifles, zombies only swords (hilts until they can get ammo), HUD off.
- t-rex fight (? needs a better name, maybe titan brawl?), everyone is striker titans, shoulder charge, melee, & fist of havoc only.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, September 14, 2016, 14:20 (2784 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I hate that I had to miss out last night (that Don't Starve Together, man...), Rift on First Light just sounds like a dream come true (and requiring serious teamwork). Maybe next time!

Did nobody think to stream it?

You can drive the vehicles with the spark

by TheeChaos @, Wednesday, September 14, 2016, 15:11 (2784 days ago) @ Korny

I didn't record the footage, but you can grab the spark, hop on a ride, and drive it right into one of the goals.

You score, but there is no animation, you just stay on your vehicle. Kind of cheap really, but was fun to test out.

Also unfair as you cannot do this at the other spawn because the entrances are too small for vehicles.

Still, fun!

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, September 14, 2016, 17:18 (2784 days ago) @ TheeChaos

I didn't record the footage, but you can grab the spark, hop on a ride, and drive it right into one of the goals.

You score, but there is no animation, you just stay on your vehicle. Kind of cheap really, but was fun to test out.

Also unfair as you cannot do this at the other spawn because the entrances are too small for vehicles.

Still, fun!

Sounds like a candidate for a '1 bomb assault'.

Edit: this makes me miss Last Resort (Zanzibar) on Halo 3. I need to schedule a Halo 3 LAN party sometime soon.

by TheeChaos @, Wednesday, September 14, 2016, 17:38 (2784 days ago) @ dogcow

I miss Halo vehicle gameplay. It was always fun to go head to head with another warthog.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, September 14, 2016, 15:37 (2784 days ago) @ Korny

I hate that I had to miss out last night (that Don't Starve Together, man...), Rift on First Light just sounds like a dream come true (and requiring serious teamwork). Maybe next time!

Did nobody think to stream it?

I've got a vid from my perspective. Can post tonight.

by Yapok @, Wednesday, September 14, 2016, 20:21 (2784 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Here is some horribly rusty gameplay from the bit I played before i had to head off to sleep.

https://www.twitch.tv/yapok1492/v/89237559

Possible Game modes?

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, September 14, 2016, 17:48 (2784 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Rift on Cauldron is the dumbest thing ever :-p
6v6 Elimination is a very different than 3v3 and actually quite enjoyable.
There's no mayhem elimination option!
This is a very good and very fun thing.
Eventually we should have true custom games like options.

So far so good. It was super fun last night. Anyone who played send me footage and I can make a funtage. Not like your typical montage. You'll see (if enough people send me stuff!) silly, stupid, and great play clips please.

Juggernaut

11v1 Rumble with Light Levels active. 11 folks wearing SRL gear vs a 335 Light enemy with Invective and Sword.

King of the Hill

Control, but only B can be captured (capturing a different point is a loss).

Cat & Mouse

10v2 Rumble. Two people take Interceptors on First Light, have to hunt down the players on Sparrows.

Possible Game modes?

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, September 14, 2016, 18:22 (2784 days ago) @ Korny

I want to play some old school Halo 2 infection. Zombies have swords, humans have sidearms, or maybe fusion rifles for 1HKs. Swap teams when you get infected.

Possible Game modes?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, September 14, 2016, 18:29 (2784 days ago) @ bluerunner

I want to play some old school Halo 2 infection. Zombies have swords, humans have sidearms, or maybe fusion rifles for 1HKs. Swap teams when you get infected.

We did exactly this. Fusion rifles for humans and swords for zombies. But we quickly ran into the limitations due to lack of options. There's no way to turn off the radar without selecting inferno, but in inferno you don't start with special…

Private matches is aptly named. It's definitely not custom games.

Possible Game modes?

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, September 14, 2016, 18:37 (2784 days ago) @ Cody Miller

We did exactly this. Fusion rifles for humans and swords for zombies. But we quickly ran into the limitations due to lack of options. There's no way to turn off the radar without selecting inferno, but in inferno you don't start with special…

Private matches is aptly named. It's definitely not custom games.

Do sidearms spawn with ammo in inferno?

Possible Game modes?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, September 14, 2016, 18:22 (2784 days ago) @ Korny

Juggernaut

11v1 Rumble with Light Levels active. 11 folks wearing SRL gear vs a 335 Light enemy with Invective and Sword.

Jokes on you, I don;t have any SRL gear or anything below 170 light! Looks like I'm always the Juggernaut.

Possible Game modes?

by Dan de Board @, Wednesday, September 14, 2016, 18:26 (2784 days ago) @ Korny

Rumble is limited to six players, and no team can have more than six players on them. A bit disappointing :(

Possible Game modes?

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Wednesday, September 14, 2016, 18:42 (2784 days ago) @ Dan de Board

I guess you could use the new gametype to do something similar?

Juggernaut

by Kahzgul, Wednesday, September 14, 2016, 20:48 (2784 days ago) @ Korny

That Juggernaut gametype reminds me of Halo 1. We used to LAN party and play 15 v. 1 but only the 1 guy was allowed to have a sniper rifle. Everything else was fine. Turns out, it's way, way easier for one guy in Halo to win vs. 15 than for the 15 to beat the 1 simply because the 1 guy can kill anyone he sees and has targets everywhere while the 15 can't find the solo dude at all. Destiny, though, because of how spawn-campy it is, and with such short TTKs, I imagine will be just the opposite.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread