Survey: DBO Meetups at PAX Prime

by ncsuDuncan @, Sunday, July 14, 2013, 18:47 (3941 days ago)

I've put together a quick survey for everyone that will be in the Seattle area during PAX Prime (Aug. 30th - Sept. 2nd). I'll be planning multiple meetups and events (both inside and outside of PAX), but at the very least there will be one "main" dinner with (hopefully) everyone. This survey will help me figure out how many people to plan for - simply showing up at a crowded restaurant is kind of risky.

Click here to take the survey.

All responses are private and won't be shared - this data will only be used for planning purposes. (If you submit an email address, I might use that to send you one or two emails with the latest meetup info, but I won't share your address with anyone.)

Lurkers: You do NOT have to be a regular/active member to fill out this survey (or attend the meetup) - anyone willing to call themselves a member of the Bungie.Org community is welcome!

Feel free to post comments and share any meetup ideas you have in this thread.

See yinz starside

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Monday, July 15, 2013, 06:10 (3941 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

I am down to meet up any time, any place. Check yourself before you Shrek yourself.

by Zeouterlimits, Ireland, Monday, July 15, 2013, 06:53 (3941 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

I certainly look forward to indulging in a fine beverage with DBO folks.
Maybe even two.

by Tex @, Monday, July 15, 2013, 10:38 (3941 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

I forgot to add in the comments/can't edit my post about details on my dates.

While I will be there Fri-Mon I will only have passes for Sat. Sun.

by MoltenSlowa, Monday, July 15, 2013, 15:21 (3941 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

I'll bring the dance parties.

by davidfuchs ⌂, USA, Monday, July 15, 2013, 15:27 (3941 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

I've put together a quick survey for everyone that will be in the Seattle area during PAX Prime (Aug. 30th - Sept. 2nd). I'll be planning multiple meetups and events (both inside and outside of PAX), but at the very least there will be one "main" dinner with (hopefully) everyone. This survey will help me figure out how many people to plan for - simply showing up at a crowded restaurant is kind of risky.

Click here to take the survey.

All responses are private and won't be shared - this data will only be used for planning purposes. (If you submit an email address, I might use that to send you one or two emails with the latest meetup info, but I won't share your address with anyone.)

Lurkers: You do NOT have to be a regular/active member to fill out this survey (or attend the meetup) - anyone willing to call themselves a member of the Bungie.Org community is welcome!

Feel free to post comments and share any meetup ideas you have in this thread.

Bungie.Org - Yep, We'll Take Anyone Who Is Left, No Questions

by ncsuDuncan @, Monday, July 15, 2013, 16:41 (3941 days ago) @ davidfuchs

"Hmmm, attendance is looking a bit low. Grim - here's $20 in loose change; go round up some of the local vagrants so our group photo doesn't seem too empty."

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, July 15, 2013, 16:48 (3941 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

"Hmmm, attendance is looking a bit low. Grim - here's $20 in loose change; go round up some of the local vagrants so our group photo doesn't seem too empty."

I was going to say the vagrants won't fit in, then I looked in the mirror

by Das Kalk, Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 13:14 (3940 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

Or you could just get me to tweet about it. I'd do it for free! ;)

NO TWEETING, YOU!

by ncsuDuncan @, Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 16:16 (3940 days ago) @ Das Kalk

- No text -

I got that.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 13:31 (3939 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

- No text -

You never let me have any fun!

by Das Kalk, Thursday, July 18, 2013, 01:14 (3938 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

- No text -

by katancik ⌂ @, Portland, OR/ University of Texas, Monday, July 15, 2013, 15:49 (3941 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

Super excited for yet another great PAX weekend!

by CrazedOne, Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 13:47 (3940 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

A response has been sent!

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 18:02 (3939 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

I still don't know if I'll be able to make it over thataways come PAX-time, but I wanted to put my two cents for local venues.

If you're a fan of seafood and clam chowder you gotta try one of the Ivars, local chain restaurants. There's a good one right off the Mukilteo pier, but you can find one just about anywhere in that area.

Also, North of Seattle like 30-45 minutes is a neat little place called the AFK Tavern. Designed from the ground up with gamers in mind, it has an unique aesthetic that I've yet to seen presented elsewhere. The couple time's I've been the food has been real good and the drinks cleverly named.

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 18:13 (3939 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

If you're a fan of seafood and clam chowder you gotta try one of the Ivars, local chain restaurants. There's a good one right off the Mukilteo pier, but you can find one just about anywhere in that area.

The Mukilteo Ivars is excellent if you're craving food poisoning!

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 20:32 (3939 days ago) @ Grizzlei

Delicious food poisoning.

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 20:39 (3939 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

Delicious food poisoning.

Only if they have chicken strips. I don't fancy seafood beyond fish & chips. clam chowder, and fried shrimp and prawns. So pretty much the typical boring fare. Ugh I really wish I wasn't so picky. You'd expect someone who loves being on the water to take more of a liking to seafood. Perhaps with age and apocalyptic circumstance that will change.

by ncsuDuncan @, Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 20:12 (3939 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

Also, North of Seattle like 30-45 minutes is a neat little place called the AFK Tavern. Designed from the ground up with gamers in mind, it has an unique aesthetic that I've yet to seen presented elsewhere. The couple time's I've been the food has been real good and the drinks cleverly named.

Sounds really cool, but a bit too far from downtown Seattle for a big meetup. Maybe I'll wander that way on my own at some point though. :)

ITT:

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 21:29 (3939 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

People from the Puget Sound area recommending hanging out in Everett.

xD

ITT:

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 12:06 (3939 days ago) @ uberfoop

People from the Puget Sound area recommending hanging out in Everett.

xD

I lived in a small farming village next to Everett during my adolescence. It has a lame mall, two Wendy's, a carrier group, and access to I-5. That's about it. :P

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread