Conspiracy Theory (Destiny)

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Saturday, October 08, 2016, 14:17 (2760 days ago)

I'm re-assuming my role as the village idiot to propose this conspiracy theory / rant.

There is totally a "catch-up factor" in PvP, right? I mean, how is it possible that every single game is a nail biter finish. Every. Time.

Even if one team runs away with a commanding lead, the other team always manages to come back to make it close. There is no way I believe that the match making is THAT good.

So what is it...the losing team gets slightly more powerful weapons? Their super charges a bit quicker? What? WHAT? But I know it's something.

I'm on to you Bungie.

*dons spinmetal hat*

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Saturday, October 08, 2016, 14:26 (2760 days ago) @ ManKitten

I swear the neutrinos and the new world order (new band name I call it) are the cause for it in Iron Banner Supremacy. One too many times we've had a 30-point or so lead and the opposing team all the sudden finds the courage to start bringing their A-game. Or maybe there's hidden caches of crests that I'm just not finding. It's like, no one on my team has suddenly let up from dominating the enemy. What is that? It's so tiring.

YMMV?

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, October 08, 2016, 15:04 (2760 days ago) @ ManKitten

I'm re-assuming my role as the village idiot to propose this conspiracy theory / rant.

There is totally a "catch-up factor" in PvP, right? I mean, how is it possible that every single game is a nail biter finish. Every. Time.

Even if one team runs away with a commanding lead, the other team always manages to come back to make it close. There is no way I believe that the match making is THAT good.

So what is it...the losing team gets slightly more powerful weapons? Their super charges a bit quicker? What? WHAT? But I know it's something.

I'm on to you Bungie.

It's funny, my experience has been almost the complete opposite so far. I've found Supremacy to be one of those gametypes (like Rift) that lends itself to total blowouts. Looking at my 10 most recent IB matches:

Win: 136 - 94

Win: 150 - 82

Loss: 135 - 136

Win: 150 - 112

Win: 152 - 98

Loss: 150 - 110

Loss: 142 - 122

Loss: 150 - 92

Loss: 150 - 110

Those are not total blowouts...

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, October 08, 2016, 15:45 (2760 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

My games usually start just shy of a Mercy rule and then whoever is losing (my team or not) catches up and either passes the other team or loses with exactly those kind of scores.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, October 08, 2016, 17:19 (2760 days ago) @ ZackDark

My games usually start just shy of a Mercy rule and then whoever is losing (my team or not) catches up and either passes the other team or loses with exactly those kind of scores.

Fair enough, but they are not close games either. When you are winning or losing by 20-60 points, I would consider that decisively 1-sided. I've played a handful of supremacy games where it felt like the match could go either way right up until the last minute or two, but most of the time I know which team has won by about 1/2 way through, if not earlier.

by slycrel ⌂, Saturday, October 08, 2016, 17:49 (2760 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I've seen a number of games where a coordinated team chains supers and goes from ~100 to 150 in the space of 2 minutes. I think it can be streaky and fast, but depends on the teams -- the more balanced the matchup is, the more deadlocked you are.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, October 09, 2016, 16:47 (2759 days ago) @ slycrel

I've seen a number of games where a coordinated team chains supers and goes from ~100 to 150 in the space of 2 minutes. I think it can be streaky and fast, but depends on the teams -- the more balanced the matchup is, the more deadlocked you are.

I've noticed this too. When supers come out, the score tips really fast, then when the other team gets theirs it tips back. More so than even the heavy ammo drops.

Conspiracy Theory

by ProbablyLast, Saturday, October 08, 2016, 18:17 (2759 days ago) @ ManKitten

Team A with the giant lead ran out of special ammo because nerfs so team B still had fun weapons to use.

This is a real thing, for sure

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Sunday, October 09, 2016, 12:54 (2759 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

If for whatever reason you arent able to get special - be it by poor map control, imbalanced special spawns (Im looking at you Blind Watch) or just because you were dead at the time - expect to eat a lot of shotgun for the next 3 minutes. Like a lot.

...but of course

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Saturday, October 08, 2016, 19:51 (2759 days ago) @ ManKitten

after I posted this, I played 4-5 more games, all of which were totally one sided.

This of course only fuels my suspicion that Bungie modified my games because of my post.

This is more likely.

by Funkmon @, Saturday, October 08, 2016, 22:20 (2759 days ago) @ ManKitten

- No text -

Conspiracy Theory

by TheGhostBrigade, Saturday, October 08, 2016, 22:00 (2759 days ago) @ ManKitten

I think a lot of times people on the losing side quit, and then fresh blood is brought in and the new players, more confident and morale unbroken, begin to push the game in the other direction. At least that's been my experience when being dropped into a losing game.

Seems like maybe I've seen less quitting this IB

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Saturday, October 08, 2016, 22:28 (2759 days ago) @ TheGhostBrigade

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread