Pandora on XBOX Live is the Best Thing (Gaming)

by SonofMacPhisto @, Monday, October 10, 2016, 10:39 (2759 days ago)

The Best Thing.

Anyone else using this? Been tuning into Halo stuff when playing Elite: Dangerous, and it's been simply sublime.

Halo: Reach's music is *much* better than I remember, while Halo 4 really holds its own too.

I used to play Spotify while playing Battlefield 4.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, October 10, 2016, 11:47 (2759 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

The Best Thing.

Anyone else using this? Been tuning into Halo stuff when playing Elite: Dangerous, and it's been simply sublime.

Halo: Reach's music is *much* better than I remember, while Halo 4 really holds its own too.

Nothing beat driving a tank aggressively while Queen songs blared through the surround sound.

Alternatively, playing Patrol in Destiny while listening to Marty's ODST music playing on PS4 was a bit weird at first, but I got used to it enough that I never bothered to turn the game's own music back on, and Sammy and I missed out on Rise of Iron's own soundtrack for the entirety of our first playthrough.

Pro-tip. Not sure if it's a default tab or not, but you can have Spotify on the PS4's Quick Menu, which puts it one click away without having to pause your game. Good stuff!

I used to play Spotify while playing Battlefield 4.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Monday, October 10, 2016, 12:00 (2759 days ago) @ Korny

In Elite, I threw on some Gustav Holst while hyper-spacing from system to system. I was not ready for those visuals combined with "Jupiter."

What a time to be alive.

Kpop makes Destiny like 77% better

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Monday, October 10, 2016, 14:14 (2759 days ago) @ Korny

There's nothing like playing Red Velvet's "Dumb Dumb" when you're absolutely getting wrecked in Crucible.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Monday, October 10, 2016, 14:18 (2759 days ago) @ Grizzlei

There's nothing like playing Red Velvet's "Dumb Dumb" when you're absolutely getting wrecked in Crucible.

At some point, I'll be riding into battle with Baby Metal blasting in my ears.

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Monday, October 10, 2016, 15:42 (2758 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

At some point, I'll be riding into battle with Baby Metal blasting in my ears.

omg I never thought of that! I need to try this today.

Speaking of Alternate Soundtracks

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, October 10, 2016, 15:56 (2758 days ago) @ Grizzlei

It's been a long time since I've done this. In fact, I'm going to feel old as balls after typing this. Back in the day I used to rock out to Motley Crue's Dr Feelgood Album while playing Captain Skyhawk on the NES. The music paired perfectly to that game's levels and combat sequences.

Confirmed. unoudid is old.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, October 10, 2016, 15:58 (2758 days ago) @ unoudid

- No text -

Seconded. My first video game music memory...

by Funkmon @, Monday, October 10, 2016, 16:02 (2758 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Was Warped Tour compilation albums while playing THPS2X on the Xbox in 2002.

Unoudid confirmed old as butts.

Played Baby Metal on IB Sup. Came back to win by 2p. :)

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Monday, October 10, 2016, 16:09 (2758 days ago) @ Grizzlei

- No text -

For those not in the know. *VID worth watching*

by Funkmon @, Monday, October 10, 2016, 16:19 (2758 days ago) @ Grizzlei

BABYMETAL is a band formed to try to fill a niche and it fuses speed metal with J-pop idol stuff. The band consists of three teenage girls who are not musicians, don't know metal, and dress in a goth lolita style. It is a novelty act that has gained huge traction outside of Japan, more than most J-pop or J-rock bands. It appears to be largely novelty, but the songs and albums aren't bad. Think The Monkees but without talent.

For those not in the know. *VID worth watching*

by SonofMacPhisto @, Monday, October 10, 2016, 17:08 (2758 days ago) @ Funkmon

BABYMETAL is a band formed to try to fill a niche and it fuses speed metal with J-pop idol stuff. The band consists of three teenage girls who are not musicians, don't know metal, and dress in a goth lolita style. It is a novelty act that has gained huge traction outside of Japan, more than most J-pop or J-rock bands. It appears to be largely novelty, but the songs and albums aren't bad. Think The Monkees but WITH FACE MELTING AWESOMENESS.

ftfy

Played Baby Metal on IB Sup. Came back to win by 2p. :)

by SonofMacPhisto @, Monday, October 10, 2016, 17:07 (2758 days ago) @ Grizzlei

YAAAAAAAAAAS

Pandora on XBOX Live is the Best Damn* Thing

by Funkmon @, Monday, October 10, 2016, 15:59 (2758 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

I agree, actually. Reach had a great soundtrack, but I didn't notice at the time, and I have been impressed with the new Halos, though they seem to try to be loud. Not a lot of quiet moments.

That said, when I play gaemz with music I always put on Avril or LIGHTS when I do it. That makes it The Best Damn Thing.

(But most of the time I listen to Radio 4 like an old person.)

I play Kanye while I'm ignoring everyone during IB.

by ProbablyLast, Monday, October 10, 2016, 16:27 (2758 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Don't mute my mic, though. Lulz

Not as good as Spotify would be. ):

by cheapLEY @, Monday, October 10, 2016, 17:44 (2758 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread