Is it now? Mail Sack posted July 19, 2013

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, July 19, 2013, 16:52 (3933 days ago)

The new mailsack has been posted!

World Domination and eating

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Friday, July 19, 2013, 17:00 (3933 days ago) @ Xenos
edited by Grizzlei, Friday, July 19, 2013, 17:07

Am I the only one both scared and excited that it's presented as a proper noun?

I love eating. I really do. It's the third greatest thing the human body needs. But can Destiny really supersede that? And there were five Bungie Princesses asked questions. Neato!

So what did we get?

by Risay117, Friday, July 19, 2013, 17:52 (3933 days ago) @ Xenos

From it i feel like there might be competitive, and maybe there are other parts to the game already ready. Still i feel like the multiplayer pvp is kind of like classic halo, maybe its just one of the mode they are playing.

Also got reminded that game will come in other languages.

Looks like they are getting ready to let loose on more info, must say that edge info release announcement may be right.

So what did we get?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, July 19, 2013, 18:31 (3933 days ago) @ Risay117

That, right there, hands-in-hand with Microsoft's recent language policies, worries me more than anything else.

So what did we get?

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, July 19, 2013, 18:41 (3933 days ago) @ ZackDark

That, right there, hands-in-hand with Microsoft's recent language policies, worries me more than anything else.

What language policies are those? Region locking?

So what did we get?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, July 19, 2013, 20:04 (3933 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Forced (as in 'no alternatives') awful dubs and completely (half-assedly) translated UI, pretty much.

Is it now? Mail Sack posted July 19, 2013

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Friday, July 19, 2013, 19:35 (3933 days ago) @ Xenos

Ever have that dream where you’re running toward something, but it keeps getting farther away the faster you run? It’s like that, only there are sharks that can walk and they’re chasing you, screaming “Are we there yet?”

Bwahaha, I was cracking up at this. Also, that Jay Larson bit was awesome!

we are the sharks

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Saturday, July 20, 2013, 02:12 (3933 days ago) @ Mr Daax

- No text -

Yep!

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Saturday, July 20, 2013, 04:43 (3933 days ago) @ kidtsunami

- No text -

I feel like we are building to more reveals...

by electricpirate @, Sunday, July 21, 2013, 09:41 (3932 days ago) @ Xenos

This Update was a bit more telling than some of the other ones. There were some interesting bits,

We’re feeding on each other’s energy, both emotionally and literally, using a game mechanic we’re not quite ready to talk about yet. It’s still in its infancy, but it already begets a crackling layer of fun and energy I haven’t experienced in a shooter before.

Up until now, the only advantage of more players seemed to be higher DPS and more targets. Now we are seeing that there are some possible co-op mechanics to go along with the obvious advantages of more players. That's important, and good to hear.

Urk's story of MP had some telling details,

I had really enjoyed those matches, too. Lots of cat and mouse play at multiple ranges. Crafty escapes and even craftier flanking routes that had me smiling ear to ear over the imagined frustration I was dolling out to the opposing squad. Strategies developed on the fly, played out, and were discarded in favor of new tactics as the opposition adjusted. Teamwork led to victory.

First point, bracketing off specific "Matches" con-notates that there will be somewhat traditional PVP offerings. I'm hoping there are move organic PVP options also (similar to what Watch Dogs/Dark Souls/the division are doing).

I'm curious how maps play out, and Bungie's seamless matchmaking plays in this context. It seems like some cracks are beginning to show in the secrecy of PVP, so hopefully Bungie gave Edge a full glimpse into it.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread