Avengers: Age of Ultron *OT*

by Avateur @, Saturday, July 20, 2013, 22:05 (3938 days ago)
edited by Avateur, Saturday, July 20, 2013, 22:09

Holy shit. And I thought Superman/Batman, something I've been secretly dying for for years, was the best announcement I've heard all day (though not excited about the prospects of Zack Snyder doing it or how they're going to try and fit Batman into this different universe with no build up after the Dark Knight trilogy just came to a close), but now this? Ultron? Out of complete and total left field considering the whole Thanos bit at the end of Avengers? Just wow!

Edit: And then I see this interview with Kevin Feige saying that Ultron will first appear in the Avengers: Age of Ultron movie, and Thanos will be in Guardians of the Galaxy. This is getting even more fun!

[image]

by TDSpiral ⌂ @, TDS Gaming Shack, WA, Sunday, July 21, 2013, 12:08 (3938 days ago) @ Avateur

Sounds like Ant-Man will probably get his first appearance in Avengers 2 then- and maybe Vision too :O

Either way, I always thought Ultron was the most badass looking Marvel villain.

by Avateur @, Sunday, July 21, 2013, 19:30 (3937 days ago) @ TDSpiral

Sounds like Ant-Man will probably get his first appearance in Avengers 2 then- and maybe Vision too :O

Either way, I always thought Ultron was the most badass looking Marvel villain.

Whoa. Joss Whedon said at Comic Con that Hank Pym won't even be in the movie. Apparently Ultron might be a creation of Tony Stark's in this movie universe. That's going to make things interesting.

He said Ultron is something that evolves, so we will see different iterations of him in the film.

It is very much a global Avengers film. Not just in America, but the world this time.

And yeah, I could totally see Vision showing up in Ant-Man, especially with Vin Diesel meeting with Marvel.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, July 21, 2013, 19:50 (3937 days ago) @ Avateur

It is very much a global Avengers film. Not just in America, but the world this time.

But there was an entire scene in Germany! #CouldBeAnywhere

by Phoenix_9286 @, Sunday, July 21, 2013, 21:41 (3937 days ago) @ ZackDark

But there was an entire scene in Germany! #CouldBeAnywhere

Don't forget the Russian warehouse.

Or India. At least I'm assuming that was India.

by TDSpiral ⌂ @, TDS Gaming Shack, WA, Monday, July 22, 2013, 09:07 (3937 days ago) @ Avateur

Whoa. Joss Whedon said at Comic Con that Hank Pym won't even be in the movie. Apparently Ultron might be a creation of Tony Stark's in this movie universe. That's going to make things interesting.

That's slightly disappointing :\

Avengers 2 would be an AWESOME way to introduce that character. Have him start out as some scientist who has involvement with SHIELD that develops Ultron, then the team has to assemble, some fighting, at some point Hank decides he wants in on the fight, and then you can lead that right into Ant-Man- which I think comes out the same year.

But Tony Stark developing Ultron in the cinematic universe works as well. He isn't powerful enough to stand toe-to-toe with a bunch of outer-dimensional gods, and creating Ultron as a way to help fight his battles makes sense.

by Avateur @, Monday, July 22, 2013, 18:23 (3936 days ago) @ TDSpiral

That's slightly disappointing :\

Avengers 2 would be an AWESOME way to introduce that character. Have him start out as some scientist who has involvement with SHIELD that develops Ultron, then the team has to assemble, some fighting, at some point Hank decides he wants in on the fight, and then you can lead that right into Ant-Man- which I think comes out the same year.

I think it could start to really make that movie crowded, though. Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are going to be involved in this movie as well as who knows what else. For all we know, Ultron won't be the only villain. It'll be pretty nifty to see what Joss Whedon has planned for all of these characters and how dealing with Ultron is going to work out.

Guardians of the Galaxy comes right before Avengers 2, and Ant-Man is going to come immediately after. Those are some odd combinations of movies to flank Avengers 2 with.

But Tony Stark developing Ultron in the cinematic universe works as well. He isn't powerful enough to stand toe-to-toe with a bunch of outer-dimensional gods, and creating Ultron as a way to help fight his battles makes sense.

Yeah. Considering the Iron Man 3 implications, I think it has a lot of potential. The thought of Tony Stark being the person who creates Ultron also allows for new story avenues that don't necessarily have to mirror the comics. It might also free up Ant-Man to start Phase 3 without being this polarizing character constantly trying to redeem himself for the Ultron creation.

Still sitting on my Iron Man 3 theory

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 08:31 (3936 days ago) @ Avateur

Extremis in Iron Man 3 will somehow link to the creation of the Red Hulk, probably Killian as we didn't see him technically die.

Still sitting on my Iron Man 3 theory

by Avateur @, Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 17:50 (3934 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

Extremis in Iron Man 3 will somehow link to the creation of the Red Hulk, probably Killian as we didn't see him technically die.

I've honestly been waiting for General Ross to show back up after hanging out with Stark in the bar at the end of Hulk. Maybe he'll Red Hulk out later? I don't want to see Killian go Red Hulk. I hope he's dead and done. :P

These be exciting times to live in

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Sunday, July 21, 2013, 17:04 (3937 days ago) @ Avateur

Also, I like Pacific Rim trying to bring back the kaiju and mech movie genres. Legendary is trying to deliver the one-two punch with Godzilla next year. I am excite.

by Avateur @, Sunday, July 21, 2013, 19:31 (3937 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

I actually just got back from seeing Pacific Rim and it was so awesome. I loved it!

by yakaman, Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 11:30 (3936 days ago) @ Avateur

I actually just got back from seeing Pacific Rim and it was so awesome. I loved it!

God, I loved that movie. It's knows exactly what it is, and goddam, does it deliver.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, July 21, 2013, 19:32 (3937 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

Legendary is trying to deliver the one-two punch with Godzilla next year.

It is?!

By the gods, this is too good to be true.

by Avateur @, Sunday, July 21, 2013, 19:34 (3937 days ago) @ ZackDark

Godzilla viral marketing:

http://godzillaencounter.com/

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread