Sony offers two official "pro" controllers for PS4 . . . (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, October 26, 2016, 15:13 (2743 days ago)

Rather than build their own, like the Xbox One Elite controller, Sony has elected to officially license two "pro" controllers, one from Razer and one from Nacon. Both appear to only be wired with no Bluetooth connectivity, which, frankly, is a real deal-breaker for me. Wires suck (I'm still at least a little bitter that I can't use my Eneloops in my Dualshock 4 and have to plug it in to charge it).

Here's a link to the Playstation Blog post about it.

Razer Raiju:

[image]

[image]

Nacon Revolution:

[image]

[image]

If nothing else they're both ugly as sin

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Wednesday, October 26, 2016, 15:25 (2743 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

Yeah, so...

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, October 26, 2016, 15:33 (2743 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Remember this thing?

I'd completely forgotten it, until I saw a charge from Target last week for $87. (First thought: credit card's been stolen.)

Apparently, it's shipped, and is supposed to arrive early next week.

Target's page for it no longer exists - but 1) it's WAY better looking than either of the options above, and 2) it seems to be real enough that they've charged me for it.

I guess I'll report back on Monday. ;)

Yeh, we were wondering about that a couple of days ago...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, October 26, 2016, 15:35 (2743 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

Wow, I forgot about that, too.

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, October 26, 2016, 15:40 (2743 days ago) @ Claude Errera

That thing looks much more appealing than either of these two controllers. Hopefully it's a quality product, but I still have my doubts.

I still don't know how you ordered that.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, October 26, 2016, 17:07 (2743 days ago) @ Claude Errera

When I tried it wouldn't let me.

Was poking around looking for anyone that had theirs yet

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Wednesday, October 26, 2016, 17:38 (2743 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I was poking around looking for anyone that had theirs delivered yet and someone over on GAF posted the link to the "official" website.

http://www.poweredbyemio.com/home/product/cart

Looks like an Amazon storefront.
I wouldn't advise anyone going and ordering one (yet). Just putting up the information to be seen. I'm interested in finding out what this thing is like, looking forward to the review Claude.

I was just noticing last night that the way I hold the regular DS4 over time stresses my trigger finger or the space between the trigger finger and the 3 fingers that wrap back behind/around the grip. I'm interested in other options, like a Scuf or something else (I like the DS4 better than the Xbox One gamepad).
The trick: I don't want to spend a pile of money on it and I want it to be compatible with future iterations of the console/s - this console half generation thing plainly sucks.

If that works out, I may actually play my PS4

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Thursday, October 27, 2016, 19:28 (2741 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Remember this thing?

I'd completely forgotten it, until I saw a charge from Target last week for $87. (First thought: credit card's been stolen.)

Target's page for it no longer exists - but 1) it's WAY better looking than either of the options above, and 2) it seems to be real enough that they've charged me for it.

I have a hard time going back to it since I got my elite.

You might have to wait a tiny bit longer.

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, October 27, 2016, 19:32 (2741 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Remember this thing?

I have a hard time going back to it since I got my elite.

Looks like I misread the delivery date. It says November 7 - which IS a Monday, just not THIS Monday.

One more week. :)

Eeeeeeeeehhh... Too Xbone-like for me...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, October 26, 2016, 15:35 (2743 days ago) @ cheapLEY

The asymmetrical joystics on the Nacon look like something I would have been really excited for before I held a DS4 in my hand, but I've learned better since then. I know a lot of people can't adapt to the DS4, so that'll be a good option for them, but it looks to me like the touchpad is smaller due to the design, which is a bummer.

As far as the Razer goes, the silhouette is way too much like an Xbone controller, which is also not as comfortable in the hand as the DS4 (for me), but I may pick that one up just to see what it's like (especially after the LAN discussion on the Elite controller's merits), so I wouldn't have to do the hook thing to get revives while in combat.

I wish they had gotten one that was essentially just the DS4 with paddles...

Eeeeeeeeehhh... Too Xbone-like for me...

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, October 26, 2016, 15:39 (2743 days ago) @ Korny

The asymmetrical joystics on the Nacon look like something I would have been really excited for before I held a DS4 in my hand, but I've learned better since then.

I'm right there with you. I hated the PS3 controller vs the 360, and always pointed to the thumbstick placement as a reason. Now, I like my DS4 much better than the Xbox One controller.

I wish they had gotten one that was essentially just the DS4 with paddles...

Me too. They really just need to Elite-ify the DualShock 4, and I'd be ecstatic. Neither of these seem work to the strengths of the DS4's design (or aesthetic--these things are just plain ugly).

I am a market of one.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Thursday, October 27, 2016, 17:00 (2742 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I just want something that's large enough that I can grip it without having to fold over my fingers and has decent build quality and is wireless. Apparently this is as elusive as my quest to find a quality headset that doesn't cover my ears.

I am a market of one.

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Thursday, October 27, 2016, 18:06 (2742 days ago) @ Vortech

Man, let me know if you ever find that headset.

I am a market of one.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, October 27, 2016, 18:17 (2742 days ago) @ someotherguy

Man, let me know if you ever find that headset.

I use the OG iPhone Earbuds. They don't have the mic buzzing issue that the newer EarPods have.

I am a market of one.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Thursday, October 27, 2016, 18:15 (2742 days ago) @ Vortech
edited by dogcow, Thursday, October 27, 2016, 18:18

I just want something that's large enough that I can grip it without having to fold over my fingers and has decent build quality and is wireless. Apparently this is as elusive as my quest to find a quality headset that doesn't cover my ears.

Just out of curiosity, why don't you want a headset to cover your ears? What are you looking for exactly (Circumaural aka over-ear, supra-aural aka on-ear, earbuds, in-ear)? I personally like circumaural headphones that don't rest/press on my ears. I find those the most comfortable. My current gaming headset is circumaural, but the cans aren't big enough and they lightly press against my ears which becomes a little painful after a while.

I'm considering asking for a new headset for christmas, what have you looked at?

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread