Community Game Night this week?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 15:59 (3935 days ago)
edited by Xenos, Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 16:03

I have the itch to play some Halo after the Halo 4 game night last week. Anyone interested in playing Halo Reach tomorrow night?

Date: Wednesday, July 24, 2013
Time: 9pm ET/6pm PT
My gamertag: XenosKB

Argh

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 16:06 (3935 days ago) @ Xenos

Now that I'm on break, I can play anytime, but Wednesdays are my corp's pirate raid day on EVE and I'm their 'field medic'...

Argh

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 16:09 (3935 days ago) @ ZackDark

Now that I'm on break, I can play anytime, but Wednesdays are my corp's pirate raid day on EVE and I'm their 'field medic'...

If enough people can't do it tomorrow I may delay until Thursday. Also I think Duncan set a good precedent with Tuesdays, they even work best for me, but I don't think we'd get many people if I tried to plan it for two hours from now :)

Wait, today's Tuesday?!

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 16:14 (3935 days ago) @ Xenos

Shit, I'm late!

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 20:02 (3935 days ago) @ Xenos

Reach? The game with the weapon bloom, and slow movement, and long time till deaths? You really want to play that over Halo 4??? Huh.

(AKA: Heck yes, I'll be there!)

Um, yes.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 06:15 (3935 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

+1

by breitzen @, Kansas, Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 08:02 (3935 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

Doh!

by Oholiab @, Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 22:37 (3935 days ago) @ Xenos

Would love to play some Reach, but won't be able to make it this week. Had a lot of fun last week as well - let's keep this up!

Yep

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 00:13 (3935 days ago) @ Xenos

I have the itch to play some Halo after the Halo 4 game night last week. Anyone interested in playing Halo Reach tomorrow night?

I get off work at 6 so I'll be fashionably late. Gamertag is StephenLaughlin

Gotta get some Halo 3 in next time!

p.s. if you reschedule, make it Friday or Sunday :)

Full steam ahead

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 08:12 (3935 days ago) @ Xenos

Alright looks like enough for me! Just message me (or send me a friend invite, either way) when you guys get online and we'll get it going!

by ncsuDuncan @, Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 16:01 (3934 days ago) @ Xenos

Wednesday night is board game night here - the island of Catan beckons. I'll see if I can hop on Reach afterwards, though!

Yeah, definitely back to Tuesdays next week

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 16:04 (3934 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

- No text -

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 17:21 (3934 days ago) @ Xenos

Back to Tuesdays?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 17:40 (3934 days ago) @ Kermit

If you can count it as "back" if we only did it once

Psst.

by ncsuDuncan @, Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 18:19 (3934 days ago) @ Xenos

(Game Night was on Wednesday last week.)

Holy crap you're right

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 18:22 (3934 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

I lost a day somewhere last week

by Avateur @, Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 17:53 (3934 days ago) @ Xenos

I'll be there.

by petetheduck, Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 18:00 (3934 days ago) @ Xenos

To be blunt, why is a Halo game night being posted at DBO--or, at the very least, NOT being posted at HBO?

I'm confused.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 18:00 (3934 days ago) @ petetheduck

by petetheduck, Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 18:01 (3934 days ago) @ Xenos

Yeah I'm dumb.

I'm online now

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 18:06 (3934 days ago) @ Xenos

Message me if you're on and I'll invite you. Gamertag is XenosKB

Ok. :p

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 18:08 (3934 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

You time traveled didn't you?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 18:09 (3934 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

I'm in if you guys can muster another couple of hours

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 19:58 (3934 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

Yeah we're on, come on in, message me

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 20:12 (3934 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

GT's Masterxtp1

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 20:24 (3934 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

It was fun guys!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 22:18 (3934 days ago) @ Xenos

It was fun guys, next week I'm thinking Halo 3

"Was"? We're still going!

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 22:26 (3934 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

You are? Huh... And I thought I was the important one

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 22:29 (3934 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

I second the H3, yo.

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Thursday, July 25, 2013, 07:10 (3934 days ago) @ Xenos

I really need to get on these with yinz. Life has been pulling me away from online games lately, but I will move heaven and earth for Halo 3 times.

That was fun.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 22:36 (3934 days ago) @ Xenos
edited by Ragashingo, Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 23:12

I had a blast playing with you guys tonight.

Me and Xenos started out by carrying a team with something like a 22 and 20 score in slayer. Then it was a great collection of DBOers rotating in and out. There were some great victories, some lol that was bad defeats, and some good midgame chats about gaming and Destiny.

Some of my other favorite parts:

- Tearing it up on multiteam Slayer on Countdown. Go green team!
- Our collective realization that DBO is a Community not a Clan. The difference? Clans win. (But they have to all dress the same)
- Winning most of our Invasion games, including skunking the other team once.
- Our mildly heroic attempted comeback on Blood Gulch. "Bring the tank forward, bring the Revenant forward, bring in everything! Let's spawn kill them!" It almost worked too!

AND

Halo Reach.

Holy hell I'd forgotten how much more fun it is than Halo 4. I loved the slightly slower pace. The longer, more drawn out one on one battles. The seemingly more worthwhile certainly less silly (I'm looking at you Mantis) vehicles. The more classic not overly scifi filtered sounds. Invasion, which is just a ton of fun. And, I don't know, just the whole thing felt better and far less so-frenzied-it-doesn't-even-really-matter-what-I-do-ish. All that and the UI is less kludgy, more informative, and doesn't list everyone's gamer tags sideways.

That was fun.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 22:53 (3934 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I had a blast playing with you guys tonight.

Halo Reach.

Holy hell I'd forgotten how much more fun it is than Halo 4. I loved the slightly slower pace. The longer, more drawn out one on one battles. The seemingly more worthwhile certainly less silly (I'm looking at you Mantis) vehicles. The more classic not overly scifi filtered sounds. Invasion, which is just a ton of fun. And, I don't know, just the whole thing felt better and far less so-frenzied-it-doesn't-even-really-matter-what-I-do-ish. All that and the UI is less kludgy, more informative, and doesn't list everyone's gamer tags sideways.

Couldn't agree more :) I especially love the weapons in Reach. And on an unrelated note I am much better at objective modes than Slayer.

Party Chat Question

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, July 26, 2013, 11:43 (3932 days ago) @ Ragashingo

When everyone dropped off of Party chat later on I left too (after more confusion that I'd like to admit :p) but never heard any of my teammates the rest of the night. Not even during Green Team's excellent win on Countdown. Did I do something wrong? Was I supposed to switch chat back to… something else?

Party Chat Question

by Avateur @, Friday, July 26, 2013, 11:59 (3932 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Even when in party chat with you, there was no microphone symbol by your name. It was weird how you were talking in the party chat yet somehow never showed as having one. As soon as everyone left the party chat, I think we all assumed that you could hear us and speak to us in the game chat channel, but I guess not.

Party Chat Question

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, July 26, 2013, 12:07 (3932 days ago) @ Avateur

Haha.

Maybe because I invited myself to Xenos' game at the very first or something… When I was leaving for the evening I exited out of our party but was still paired up with Xenos.

by Risay117, Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 23:47 (3934 days ago) @ Xenos

Gonna have to say not available today. I might play next Tuesday. Just a question what games are you guys looking at for next week. Halo 4, reach, or odst or anything else.

Sorry for grammar on the phone.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 23:55 (3934 days ago) @ Risay117

Gonna have to say not available today. I might play next Tuesday. Just a question what games are you guys looking at for next week. Halo 4, reach, or odst or anything else.

Sorry for grammar on the phone.

I think we're going to try Halo 3 next week

Not Halo, but still co-op?

by SonofMacPhisto @, Thursday, July 25, 2013, 14:09 (3933 days ago) @ Xenos

That makes this post sorta OT, right?

Anyone out there still got that Borderlands 2 itch? I think I'll have some free time this weekend days and night.

Panos from the game night

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, July 25, 2013, 21:41 (3933 days ago) @ Xenos

Hedge made some panos from our game night last night, check 'em out!

(They have my name on them if they are from last night)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, July 26, 2013, 00:09 (3933 days ago) @ Xenos
edited by Ragashingo, Friday, July 26, 2013, 00:13

Well, I'm pretty sure that's me dying while guarding the oddball guy in the shotgun room. Seem appropriate given my community "leading" kill to death ratios. :/

I'd forgotten about that shutout of an oddball match on Sword Base though. Poor blue team! :p

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, July 26, 2013, 00:25 (3933 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Well, I'm pretty sure that's me dying while guarding the oddball guy in the shotgun room. Seem appropriate given my community "leading" kill to death ratios. :/

I'd forgotten about that shutout of an oddball match on Sword Base though. Poor blue team! :p

If it makes you feel better, I appreciate you taking that bullet for me :-D

by Avateur @, Friday, July 26, 2013, 11:28 (3932 days ago) @ Ragashingo

As someone on the blue team, I must say that you all did a great job. I absolutely wasn't expecting the game to go that way, and figured the ball would end up being guarded in a different room.

I think my favorite part was when we finally, finally killed everyone in that room, including the ball carrier, and Snipe was the only person left. And I was so sure I had him. He was hurting and done for. And he had a shotgun. Oops. Game over. :P

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, July 26, 2013, 12:05 (3932 days ago) @ Avateur

As someone on the blue team, I must say that you all did a great job. I absolutely wasn't expecting the game to go that way, and figured the ball would end up being guarded in a different room.

I think my favorite part was when we finally, finally killed everyone in that room, including the ball carrier, and Snipe was the only person left. And I was so sure I had him. He was hurting and done for. And he had a shotgun. Oops. Game over. :P

Yeah. I missed that part! You know, being one of the everyone in the room that died. I saw ball dropped and was expecting a long reverse of what we had done. I'll take a look at the replay (if I still have it) when I get home.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread