Mass Effect 2 & 3 backwards compatible on XB1! (Gaming)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, November 07, 2016, 21:45 (2730 days ago)

Don't know if I shared my Mass Effect story. Bought the first but got bogged down with the RPG aspects within hours of starting it. Finally finished it just before Mass Effect 2 came out. Liked it. LOVED Mass Effect 2! So much so I created a femshep and played through 1 & 2 with her. Saved all the ME2 DLC and finished it just before ME3. Still haven't played ME3 DLC. (Sorry Sonofmacphisto!) I think that's about to change.

Also available on EA Access

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, November 07, 2016, 21:55 (2730 days ago) @ Kermit

Any word on the multiplayer? My Xbox account-buddy has EA Access so I'll be all over ME2 in no time, but I'll gladly skip that if it means some quality ME3 MP time with you folks.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, November 08, 2016, 01:21 (2730 days ago) @ ZackDark

I'd be up for that...

by SonofMacPhisto @, Tuesday, November 08, 2016, 12:46 (2730 days ago) @ Ragashingo
edited by SonofMacPhisto, Tuesday, November 08, 2016, 12:49

I'd be up for that...

Novaguard!!

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, November 08, 2016, 13:13 (2730 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Lemme just check the playability of the ports and, if everything is alright, I'll set up a FTB for it. Any particular day and/or time you guys prefer? Also, what's the max Horde party size again?

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, November 08, 2016, 15:35 (2730 days ago) @ ZackDark

It absolutely works. All my gear is still there.

FYI, you do not need EA Access. If you still have your ME3 disc, just put it in the XBone and it'll download everything (26GB with all the DLCs).

by SonofMacPhisto @, Tuesday, November 08, 2016, 16:20 (2730 days ago) @ stabbim

It absolutely works. All my gear is still there.

FYI, you do not need EA Access. If you still have your ME3 disc, just put it in the XBone and it'll download everything (26GB with all the DLCs).

This weekend would be good for me. Saturday afternoon/evening or Sunday.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, November 08, 2016, 20:27 (2729 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

I have a feeling I'm going to be on constantly for the next few weeks.

Never had it :( Will I still get the DLC?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, November 08, 2016, 16:26 (2730 days ago) @ stabbim

- No text -

Apparently not :(

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, November 08, 2016, 19:18 (2730 days ago) @ ZackDark

Got all the multiplayer DLCs, though. :)

Also, still surprisingly playable. No hiccups at all, though the lag was real. Given the reduced player pool, I'm not surprised.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, November 08, 2016, 20:27 (2729 days ago) @ ZackDark

Got all the multiplayer DLCs, though. :)

Excellent. You used to play on PC, right?

Also, still surprisingly playable. No hiccups at all, though the lag was real. Given the reduced player pool, I'm not surprised.

The recent tweaks to backward compatibility made a HUGE difference. Most of the games I've played seem like they run the same as on a 360 now. Iron Brigade's campaign levels used to be completely unplayable due to massive framerate drops (although oddly, the survival maps worked OK), but some of us played it at the recent LAN (which was after the BC fixes) and it was fine.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, November 08, 2016, 20:37 (2729 days ago) @ stabbim

Excellent. You used to play on PC, right?

Nope. I used to play on the Beta. :p

The recent tweaks to backward compatibility made a HUGE difference. Most of the games I've played seem like they run the same as on a 360 now. Iron Brigade's campaign levels used to be completely unplayable due to massive framerate drops (although oddly, the survival maps worked OK), but some of us played it at the recent LAN (which was after the BC fixes) and it was fine.

Whatever they did with the emulator/back compatibility hooks has really worked. Very glad they've looked deeper into it.

ME3MP has 4 players

by marmot 1333 @, Tuesday, November 08, 2016, 20:32 (2729 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

Mass Effect 2 & 3 backwards compatible on XB1!

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, November 08, 2016, 04:20 (2730 days ago) @ Kermit

Don't know if I shared my Mass Effect story. Bought the first but got bogged down with the RPG aspects within hours of starting it. Finally finished it just before Mass Effect 2 came out. Liked it. LOVED Mass Effect 2! So much so I created a femshep and played through 1 & 2 with her. Saved all the ME2 DLC and finished it just before ME3. Still haven't played ME3 DLC. (Sorry Sonofmacphisto!) I think that's about to change.

In my opinion, Mass Effect is one of the very few games that just got better and better with each new game. I highly recommend it to people.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Tuesday, November 08, 2016, 10:46 (2730 days ago) @ Kermit

Still haven't played ME3 DLC. (Sorry Sonofmacphisto!) I think that's about to change.

Hahaha no worriers Kermit! Just means you've got joy in your future.

ME3 is tops

by marmot 1333 @, Tuesday, November 08, 2016, 20:32 (2729 days ago) @ Kermit

Probably my favorite game ever. I sunk hundreds of hours on 360, then bought it for PC and did the same thing.

If anyone ever wants to play on PC, let me know!

ME3 Firefight event on FTB for Friday

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, November 08, 2016, 20:43 (2729 days ago) @ Kermit

Here

Hope it doesn't trash your Iron Banana schedules, though.

Great success

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, November 12, 2016, 02:24 (2726 days ago) @ ZackDark

It truly is an amazing Horde mode. As stabbim and Phisto put, the sheer amount of classes and combinations makes it nearly impossible to truly grow stale.

You missed the Krogan party

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Saturday, November 12, 2016, 07:00 (2726 days ago) @ ZackDark

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/stabbim/video/23421436

Seriously, though, ME3's multiplayer is great, despite the occasionally wonky movement controls. I'll probably be playing a lot of it in the near future, so join up!

+1 for Blackt1g3r

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, November 12, 2016, 14:20 (2726 days ago) @ stabbim

- No text -

I. AM. KROGAN.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Monday, November 14, 2016, 20:19 (2723 days ago) @ stabbim

- No text -

LOL!!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, November 14, 2016, 20:22 (2723 days ago) @ stabbim

- No text -

Good. I bought them when they came out but not played yet.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Wednesday, November 09, 2016, 16:25 (2729 days ago) @ Kermit

My game backlog is absurd.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, November 09, 2016, 17:51 (2729 days ago) @ Kermit

Just played a bunch of ME3 multiplayer last night. It's aged it certain ways (not as smooth or tight feeling as modern shooters) but the core combat mechanics are as stellar as ever.

And to this day, I don't think I've played a game that matches ME2 or ME3 in terms of sound design. Incredible audio effects :)

by marmot 1333 @, Wednesday, November 09, 2016, 23:16 (2728 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

And to this day, I don't think I've played a game that matches ME2 or ME3 in terms of sound design. Incredible audio effects :)

Agree so much!!! The first time I went to the citadel and approached the nightclub... Oh man. There's that filter effect and it sounds like you're really right outside a bumping nightclub. So cool.

One of my other favorite small things is that you can hear the "beepbeepbeep" when other players need to reload in multiplayer. I always thought it was cool that it was a "world" sound effect instead of just being audible to the player it applied to.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Thursday, November 10, 2016, 10:43 (2728 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Biotics in ME3: eargasm

+1

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, November 10, 2016, 14:16 (2728 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Had a nice run with stabbim last night. I'm madly in love with Biotic detonations. I even upgraded my Human Sentinel far enough to trigger detonations by myself. So damn satisfying. :D

Who needs guns?

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, November 10, 2016, 14:20 (2728 days ago) @ ZackDark

Had a nice run with stabbim last night. I'm madly in love with Biotic detonations. I even upgraded my Human Sentinel far enough to trigger detonations by myself. So damn satisfying. :D

Tech and biotic explosions are where it's at. If you have a good set up team, you can just have constant explosions. It's glorious.

Although I have a special place in my heart for the widowmaker. That sniper rips the shit out of people and the kuchunk sound it makes... man oh man.

Who needs guns?

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, November 10, 2016, 14:41 (2728 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Tech and biotic explosions are where it's at. If you have a good set up team, you can just have constant explosions. It's glorious.

Did someone say "constant explosions"? My N7 Demolisher's constantly-regenerating 10-grenade build was a real Ragdoll Maker.

Although I have a special place in my heart for the widowmaker. That sniper rips the shit out of people and the kuchunk sound it makes... man oh man.

I feel ya. I had a Widow X that was so good, I was real "meh" when I finally got a Black Widow.

Boy I miss that game. :(

Who needs guns?

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, November 10, 2016, 14:54 (2728 days ago) @ Korny

Did someone say "constant explosions"? My N7 Demolisher's constantly-regenerating 10-grenade build was a real Ragdoll Maker.

I feel ya. I had a Widow X that was so good, I was real "meh" when I finally got a Black Widow.

Boy I miss that game. :(

Yeah, whichever one was the rarer one. I think it was the X. Either way, I loved sitting in the back and going "Kuchunk, your dead. Kuchunk you're dead too, oh damn a boss! Kuchunk Ram hammer back Kuchunk oh, you're dead too"

Who needs guns?

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, November 10, 2016, 14:59 (2728 days ago) @ Korny

Highly underrated character. Grenades for days, plus you can be constantly spewing rounds from something high-powered but ammo hungry, like a Cerberus Harrier.

You were doing the Black Widow wrong

by SonofMacPhisto @, Thursday, November 10, 2016, 15:59 (2728 days ago) @ Korny

Geth Infiltrator. Drill rounds. Sniper rifle buffs. Sniper rifle damage from cloak. See through walls.

Rifle fires fast enough to get the cloak bonus on all three shots.

Super Sci-Fi Robot Wallhaxor Murder. Accept no substitute.

Right? Love the less weight/better cooldown mechanic too

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, November 10, 2016, 16:41 (2728 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

- No text -

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, November 10, 2016, 16:54 (2728 days ago) @ ZackDark

I run an adept with nothing but a pistol, so I can chuck warp and throw abilities like a crazy person. Biotic explosions EVERYWHERE :D

by SonofMacPhisto @, Thursday, November 10, 2016, 16:58 (2728 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Lancer X and the golden Eviscerator (forget the name but it was the two shot Spectre shotty) was my go to in campaign. Now maybe I can finally level those for MP.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, November 10, 2016, 17:21 (2728 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

the golden Eviscerator (forget the name but it was the two shot Spectre shotty)

Wraith. Mine just got upgraded to VII last night.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Thursday, November 10, 2016, 17:50 (2728 days ago) @ stabbim

the golden Eviscerator (forget the name but it was the two shot Spectre shotty)

Wraith. Mine just got upgraded to VII last night.

Yes! That's the one. TY

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, November 10, 2016, 17:23 (2728 days ago) @ ZackDark

That was a good idea, well implemented. It allows players even more flexibility, as opposed to just saying only certain classes can use certain weapons, or having strength requirements, or anything else. You can and do see adepts and engineers running heavy weapons.

by Zero @, Florida, Thursday, November 10, 2016, 22:37 (2727 days ago) @ Kermit

As much as I would love to play it, I have got to get my ME3 multiplayer progress back. The origin account it was tied to had it's password expire without telling me and I can't reset the password because it's sending it to an older email I can't access because I'm in a new place and I can't reset the password for that because the email set for recovery is even older and doesn't even exist anymore.

I could start over, but I'd lose 2-3 years worth of weapons, classes, N7 Score, community and challenge banners, all of it. I really don't want that to lose all of that. But, I'll join you guys when I do figure it out. 'Cause I seriously want to play this again. It was basically my crack before Destiny came out.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Sunday, November 13, 2016, 08:13 (2725 days ago) @ Zero

Apparently, EA has actual customer service people you can talk to via phone. Might be something to look into.

by Zero @, Florida, Sunday, November 13, 2016, 15:52 (2725 days ago) @ stabbim

Did actually. Got everything sorted out and I've got all my old multiplayer data back! Now just to find the time to play some again.

Woot!

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, November 14, 2016, 00:13 (2724 days ago) @ Zero

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread