Interview With Urk on MMORPG.com

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, July 25, 2013, 12:34 (3934 days ago)

MMORPG has an interview with Urk posted today. You can find it here.

Good quote

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, July 25, 2013, 12:39 (3934 days ago) @ Xenos

One of my favorite quotes from it:

We want the destinations in Destiny to feel like places you visit. As the intensity of action ebbs and flows – and it will – we want them to draw players in with mysteries to solve and rewards to earn for exploration and inquisitiveness. That reward might be a treasure chest, a spectacular vista, or a small piece of deep story told through the environment.

Especially excited about "a small piece of deep story told through the environment."

Same here.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Thursday, July 25, 2013, 21:16 (3933 days ago) @ Xenos

Hidden terminals were by far the most rewarding in Marathon, but I always really enjoyed talking to dead men as I searched their pockets in PiD. That really drove the atmosphere home for me.

~M

Same here.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, July 25, 2013, 21:46 (3933 days ago) @ Malagate

I always really enjoyed talking to dead men as I searched their pockets in PiD. That really drove the atmosphere home for me.

Since it got ported I finally got to have this experience for the first time very recently!

Thanks Marken Levin!

Your soul does not turn into a Ghost

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, July 25, 2013, 12:45 (3934 days ago) @ Xenos

Urk says this in the article:

At E3, for example, it helped the player illuminate a dark, open space, and became a lighted beacon when Player 2’s Hunter fell in combat and needed to be revived.

Meaning that beacon is not your soul in a Ghost but actually just YOUR Ghost highlighting where you die.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, July 25, 2013, 12:47 (3934 days ago) @ Xenos

Well maybe. When Darla is killed in the demo her body goes flying while the Ghost marks the place where she died.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, July 25, 2013, 12:50 (3934 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Well maybe. When Darla is killed in the demo her body goes flying while the Ghost marks the place where she died.

Yeah, I am thinking it's possible your "soul" is sucked up BY your Ghost, but even if it is true that is at least small distinction from your soul turning into a Ghost. I mostly point it out because many people notice it looked like your Ghost, but until I read what Urk said it never occurred to me that it might just be your Ghost marking your death or containing your "soul".

So does this mean they're admitting it's an MMO?

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Sunday, July 28, 2013, 16:09 (3930 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread