Interview With Urk on MMORPG.com

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, July 25, 2013, 12:34 (3948 days ago)

MMORPG has an interview with Urk posted today. You can find it here.

Good quote

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, July 25, 2013, 12:39 (3948 days ago) @ Xenos

One of my favorite quotes from it:

We want the destinations in Destiny to feel like places you visit. As the intensity of action ebbs and flows – and it will – we want them to draw players in with mysteries to solve and rewards to earn for exploration and inquisitiveness. That reward might be a treasure chest, a spectacular vista, or a small piece of deep story told through the environment.

Especially excited about "a small piece of deep story told through the environment."

Your soul does not turn into a Ghost

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, July 25, 2013, 12:45 (3948 days ago) @ Xenos

Urk says this in the article:

At E3, for example, it helped the player illuminate a dark, open space, and became a lighted beacon when Player 2’s Hunter fell in combat and needed to be revived.

Meaning that beacon is not your soul in a Ghost but actually just YOUR Ghost highlighting where you die.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, July 25, 2013, 12:47 (3948 days ago) @ Xenos

Well maybe. When Darla is killed in the demo her body goes flying while the Ghost marks the place where she died.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, July 25, 2013, 12:50 (3948 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Well maybe. When Darla is killed in the demo her body goes flying while the Ghost marks the place where she died.

Yeah, I am thinking it's possible your "soul" is sucked up BY your Ghost, but even if it is true that is at least small distinction from your soul turning into a Ghost. I mostly point it out because many people notice it looked like your Ghost, but until I read what Urk said it never occurred to me that it might just be your Ghost marking your death or containing your "soul".

Same here.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Thursday, July 25, 2013, 21:16 (3948 days ago) @ Xenos

Hidden terminals were by far the most rewarding in Marathon, but I always really enjoyed talking to dead men as I searched their pockets in PiD. That really drove the atmosphere home for me.

~M

Same here.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, July 25, 2013, 21:46 (3948 days ago) @ Malagate

I always really enjoyed talking to dead men as I searched their pockets in PiD. That really drove the atmosphere home for me.

Since it got ported I finally got to have this experience for the first time very recently!

Thanks Marken Levin!

So does this mean they're admitting it's an MMO?

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Sunday, July 28, 2013, 16:09 (3945 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread