Learning Nothing (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, December 04, 2016, 15:43 (2700 days ago)

So Icebreaker has a chance to come to you on completing new scoring bounties.

It's been established that the year one system of randomness for bounty related exotics dropping is stupid. Yet here we are again.

It continues to baffle me that bad ideas keep living on for so long, and that bad ideas come back after being eliminated (grind to raid).

I'm a little disappointed here.

Learning Nothing

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, December 04, 2016, 17:54 (2700 days ago) @ Cody Miller

More like "here we still are." How do you get the Year 3 Prison of Elders exotics? Or Tresspasser? Or Year 3 Thorn? Yes, its disappointing and annoying. But it's, unfortunately, nothing new.

I'm still amazed we're still here

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Sunday, December 04, 2016, 17:56 (2700 days ago) @ Ragashingo

More like "here we still are." How do you get the Year 3 Prison of Elders exotics? Or Tresspasser? Or Year 3 Thorn? Yes, its disappointing and annoying. But it's, unfortunately, nothing new.

When much better options exists.

I like it

by squidnh3, Sunday, December 04, 2016, 19:28 (2700 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Makes the game feel less like a to-do list. Just play, have fun, you might get something cool.

+1

by Claude Errera @, Sunday, December 04, 2016, 19:44 (2700 days ago) @ squidnh3

- No text -

Unless your the one guy for whom it never drops...

by Durandal, Sunday, December 04, 2016, 19:48 (2700 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Still no PC+1 or Matadors for me. I had one LDR drop, etc. Some people get everything in the first week, some never get stuff. I don't like that method.

I do.

by Funkmon @, Monday, December 05, 2016, 06:09 (2700 days ago) @ Durandal

I ultimately never got the Queen's Wrath ship, or a full auto hawksaw, or a solar armor sniper machine gun hunter chest, or a Red Hand like Squid's. Took me a while to get the Guggenheim, over two years to get Birth of History, and I liked it. It was fun to want something. Still don't have a good Imago Loop that I farmed for.

I knew it was inconsequential. My friends were going to play with me if I used Dragon's Breath, or if I die a lot as a hunter. Fuck it man. Some shit's just hard to get.

I've said a bunch of times that I don't like them removing the randomness of this stuff as it makes everything worse, but even if it didn't, I think it's a much better way of ensuring a grind versus finding 50 hadium flakes.

Regarding your shotguns, Conspiracy Theory D you get as a quest reward is literally the same gun as God roll matadors and party crashers. Literally the same gun.

On Conspiracy Theory

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Monday, December 05, 2016, 19:14 (2699 days ago) @ Funkmon

Actually the CT-D is considerably less consistend and fires slower than both Matador and PC+1.

Are you a hunter? Shaxx sold that exact chest armor.

by Kahzgul, Wednesday, December 07, 2016, 09:29 (2697 days ago) @ Funkmon

Shaxx sold a tier 12 capable roll of it for a while there if you were a hunter. Solar armor, sniper/HMG ammo, just like you asked. INT/DIS in case you were wondering, with 145 total stats. Sorry you missed it.

Wat. When?

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, December 07, 2016, 14:57 (2697 days ago) @ Kahzgul

- No text -

Unless your the one guy for whom it never drops...

by Kahzgul, Monday, December 05, 2016, 23:34 (2699 days ago) @ Durandal

Still no PC+1 or Matadors for me.

I found that I get a lot of matador drops in the supremacy playlist, fwiw.

Just playing crucible

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Tuesday, December 06, 2016, 03:18 (2699 days ago) @ Kahzgul

I'm averaging 3-4 per day if I play anywhere from 4-6 hours on the weekends. Just playing crucible they tend to drop at decent rates it seems.

+2

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Monday, December 05, 2016, 00:02 (2700 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

I like it

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, December 04, 2016, 20:58 (2700 days ago) @ squidnh3

Makes the game feel less like a to-do list. Just play, have fun, you might get something cool.

Did all the hidden 1 ups and suits in Mario 3 make the game feel like a checklist? Then why would a secret quest be any different? If the game feels like a checklist, then the fault lies with the design, not the lack of randomness.

This isn't Mario 3, you dork.

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Sunday, December 04, 2016, 22:32 (2700 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

This is kind of something I agree with.

by Funkmon @, Monday, December 05, 2016, 06:16 (2700 days ago) @ Cody Miller

The game forces you into a collection. The screen says "collection." You fill holes in the screen. The game is designed as a checklist, and I don't like that some stuff may never be acquired by people when the game makes it a collection.

By and large, the playerbase prefers this method, so it's a good idea, but I do not.

One thing that would make me feel better is if some shit in there were just full blown random.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, December 05, 2016, 16:38 (2699 days ago) @ Funkmon
edited by Cody Miller, Monday, December 05, 2016, 16:44

The game forces you into a collection. The screen says "collection." You fill holes in the screen. The game is designed as a checklist, and I don't like that some stuff may never be acquired by people when the game makes it a collection.

Bungie made several mistakes here:

1. They have a kiosk for things that show you the number of items in the collection that you don't have. This includes exotics, shaders, etc.
2. They publish via the armory an exhaustive list of weapons and items.

The worst thing you can do to your game is to load it with secrets, then place a counter or a percentage indicator which tracks secrets found. Especially if you tie achievements to them, you've now forced a checklist, and ruined the mystery and majesty of secrets. Everything in the game should be a mystery, including secrets quests, and exotic weapons. So telling players which exotics / shaders / etc exist and then letting them know exactly which ones they don't have is bad.

Destiny 2 needs to:

1. For kiosks, they should only display items you have acquired. They should give no indication of what type or how many you have not yet acquired.
2. Not publish weapon lists or data regarding drops and rewards. If players wish to compile their own because they like checklists, then that is on them.
3. Do not release a strategy guide.

Now you've eliminated the checklist. Everything in the game should be a mystery.

by Claude Errera @, Monday, December 05, 2016, 17:09 (2699 days ago) @ Cody Miller

1. They have a kiosk for things that show you the number of items in the collection that you don't have. This includes exotics, shaders, etc.

The worst thing you can do to your game is to load it with secrets, then place a counter or a percentage indicator which tracks secrets found. Especially if you tie achievements to them, you've now forced a checklist, and ruined the mystery and majesty of secrets. Everything in the game should be a mystery, including secrets quests, and exotic weapons. So telling players which exotics / shaders / etc exist and then letting them know exactly which ones they don't have is bad.

Destiny 2 needs to:

1. For kiosks, they should only display items you have acquired. They should give no indication of what type or how many you have not yet acquired.
2. Not publish weapon lists or data regarding drops and rewards. If players wish to compile their own because they like checklists, then that is on them.

Now you've eliminated the checklist. Everything in the game should be a mystery.

GodDAMN I'm glad you're not in charge. I don't want to play your game.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, December 05, 2016, 19:40 (2699 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Destiny 2 needs to:

GodDAMN I'm glad you're not in charge. I don't want to play your game.

That's why I am where I am in the games industry man.

I like it

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Sunday, December 04, 2016, 21:37 (2700 days ago) @ squidnh3

I think I'd have an easier time feeling this way if the missions and strikes were the real draw to the game for me. But the part that makes Destiny replayable to me, aside from the few activities I love, are the guns themselves. That's why keeping them trapped behind RNG barriers can be so frustrating for me.

Jason Jones talked ages ago about the idea of having players replay stuff over and over, like many of us did with Halo, except we'd be getting cool little rewards along the way. I really like that concept. But for me, that's not how Destiny has panned out. I would never want to replay 95% of the content in the game, except that the cool toys I want to play with (guns and armor) require that I replay specific stuff, sometimes for months before I get to experience the content I want to experience.

I should specify that I absolutely do not fall into the "gotta collect it all" trap that some people fall into. I don't care about having everything. I just wish I had the ability to experience using the gear that excites me BEFORE I've completely burned myself out on the strikes/raids/whatever. More often then not it takes so long to get the cool gear to drop that I'm sick of playing large chunks of the game by the time I finally get the weapon I was hoping for.

Better hooks

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, December 05, 2016, 16:06 (2699 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I think I'd have an easier time feeling this way if the missions and strikes were the real draw to the game for me. But the part that makes Destiny replayable to me, aside from the few activities I love, are the guns themselves. That's why keeping them trapped behind RNG barriers can be so frustrating for me.

Jason Jones talked ages ago about the idea of having players replay stuff over and over, like many of us did with Halo, except we'd be getting cool little rewards along the way. I really like that concept. But for me, that's not how Destiny has panned out. I would never want to replay 95% of the content in the game, except that the cool toys I want to play with (guns and armor) require that I replay specific stuff, sometimes for months before I get to experience the content I want to experience.

I should specify that I absolutely do not fall into the "gotta collect it all" trap that some people fall into. I don't care about having everything. I just wish I had the ability to experience using the gear that excites me BEFORE I've completely burned myself out on the strikes/raids/whatever. More often then not it takes so long to get the cool gear to drop that I'm sick of playing large chunks of the game by the time I finally get the weapon I was hoping for.

What I'm hearing is that Destiny needs better hooks other than loot if we want the loot to be considered bonuses. Two suggestions: better narrative (having an emotional stake in or an understanding of what happens greatly increases the replayability of levels, at least for me), and better AI (in Halo enemies had behaviors you could relate to--in Destiny I often feel like I'm in a shooting gallery).

Couldn't have said it better myself.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, December 05, 2016, 16:12 (2699 days ago) @ Kermit

This cuts deep for me personally, since the activities in Destiny I DO enjoy either get their loot bonuses relegated to being worthless (Vault of Glass), or removed from the game entirely (Sparrow Racing).

Better hooks

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, December 05, 2016, 16:40 (2699 days ago) @ Kermit

What I'm hearing is that Destiny needs better hooks other than loot if we want the loot to be considered bonuses. Two suggestions: better narrative (having an emotional stake in or an understanding of what happens greatly increases the replayability of levels, at least for me), and better AI (in Halo enemies had behaviors you could relate to--in Destiny I often feel like I'm in a shooting gallery).

Those are both excellent suggestions. I would add to that list the possibility of having more diverse activities throughout the missions and strikes. More "setpiece" moments that stand out from the rest of the game in their own unique, memorable ways. The raids achieve this.
I've said it before, but I firmly believe that the reason some fans still complain about "lack of content" is because too much of the content in Destiny feels exactly the same. Destiny has a boatload of content at this point... but a great deal of it just blurs together because so much of it is very "1 note".

Another thing that I believe would make life in Destiny more pleasant is if drop rates were just higher across the board. I know some people enjoy the purely random element of RNG-based loot rewards. And I do see the fun side of it. It was a thrilling moment when I got my first Mythoclast. The sour side was getting my 7th, 8th, and 9th Mythoclasts with Speedracer in the same party, watching him get progressively more frustrated because he wanted one more than anything else in the game and it just. wouldn't. drop. for. him. Any joy or excitement I experienced from random loot drops over the past 2 years has been overshadowed by my own frustration, or the frustration of the people I play with.

Some people would say "if drop rates are too high, then we'd have no reason to keep playing". To which I say "good". If you're not having fun, and the only reason you're still playing is to get more gear, then something is wrong. I'd rather get the cool toys quickly, and then spend all my time having fun with them rather than spend all my time trying to earn the cool toys and be burned out by the time I get them.

Better hooks

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, December 05, 2016, 16:52 (2699 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY
edited by Cody Miller, Monday, December 05, 2016, 16:59

I'd rather get the cool toys quickly, and then spend all my time having fun with them rather than spend all my time trying to earn the cool toys and be burned out by the time I get them.

I would rather get cool toys in cool ways, then have to use those cool toys to do other cool things.

You ask why content in Destiny feels one note, and the real answer is that it has to be because of the randomness. In other games, the challenges can branch out and diversify, because the designers know that players have acquired a certain set of items and skills, which they can then force players to master in order to tackle unusual challenges by using those items and skills in skillful or unorthodox ways.

In Destiny, because nearly every single piece of gear is acquired by chance, you do not know what players will have. So everything has to be conservatively designed.

What if a boss can only be damaged by supers, yet he drains your meter completely at the start of the fight and prevents regen. Cool huh? Now you have to use skills, items, and weapons which make orbs to charge your super in order to damage him. Except you can't do anything like that, because it's possible nobody in your group would have items that can make orbs. If items had fixed perks and were acquired in specific ways, then you could know that your players have such items at their disposal.

Most good games take the mechanics, then push them as far as possible with the tools players have in order to create awesome challenges. Destiny just cannot do this, because there is no known progression to the experience.

As a side note, it's ironic that Bungie wants any combination of classes to beat the raid, yet their boss design heavily weighs favor toward nightstalker / defender / sunsinger with the invincible -> break -> burn -> repeat mechanic.

Better hooks

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, December 05, 2016, 17:10 (2699 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'd rather get the cool toys quickly, and then spend all my time having fun with them rather than spend all my time trying to earn the cool toys and be burned out by the time I get them.

I would rather get cool toys in cool ways, then have to use those cool toys to do other cool things.

You ask why content in Destiny feels one note, and the real answer is that it has to be because of the randomness. In other games, the challenges can branch out and diversify, because the designers know that players have acquired a certain set of items and skills, which they can then force players to master in order to tackle unusual challenges by using those items and skills in skillful or unorthodox ways.

In Destiny, because nearly every single piece of gear is acquired by chance, you do not know what players will have. So everything has to be conservatively designed.

What if a boss can only be damaged by supers, yet he drains your meter completely at the start of the fight and prevents regen. Cool huh? Now you have to use skills, items, and weapons which make orbs to charge your super in order to damage him. Except you can't do anything like that, because it's possible nobody in your group would have items that can make orbs. If items had fixed perks and were acquired in specific ways, then you could know that your players have such items at their disposal.

Most good games take the mechanics, then push them as far as possible with the tools players have in order to create awesome challenges. Destiny just cannot do this, because there is no known progression to the experience.

I do think there is room for the designers to have their cake and eat it too in terms of creating scenarios that are demanding in unique ways while also allowing for a wide range of gear possibilities. The Crota raid is actually a great example of this. Some of my favorite Destiny memories are the early days of that raid, when we were figuring out the process of chaining supers through the abyss. We were constantly making adjustments based on the subclasses in our particular group at that time, but the general strategy of chaining supers remained. Same with the bridge section; do we send over a bladedancer first so he can cloak and hide from the knight? Or a sunsinger who can self-res? And there was always room to react if something went wrong. I remember one run where we got the bridge activated, and we needed to change our order at the last moment for some reason. So Speedracer grabbed the sword and began sprinting across the bridge with no particular way to nutralize the knight, so I turned and chucked a flashbang grenade across the gap and blinded the knight just in time for Speedracer to take him down.

The key to this kind of flexibility is that it requires larger groups of players (6 guardians are more likely to cover all bases than 1-3 guardians), as well as communication.

Somewhere out there, there's an alternate universe with its own version of Destiny that was designed from the ground up as a purely 6 player experience. And that version of Destiny is way less approachable to the general public, far less popular, and a much better game ;)

Better hooks

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Monday, December 05, 2016, 16:54 (2699 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Another thing that I believe would make life in Destiny more pleasant is if drop rates were just higher across the board. I know some people enjoy the purely random element of RNG-based loot rewards. And I do see the fun side of it. It was a thrilling moment when I got my first Mythoclast. The sour side was getting my 7th, 8th, and 9th Mythoclasts with Speedracer in the same party, watching him get progressively more frustrated because he wanted one more than anything else in the game and it just. wouldn't. drop. for. him. Any joy or excitement I experienced from random loot drops over the past 2 years has been overshadowed by my own frustration, or the frustration of the people I play with.

What if the rewards were tied to your actions in game? If you want to guarantee a drop perform a certain task/role. So, for example the Mythoclast would be granted to people who wielded the relic against Aethon.

I think this would be a vast improvement. It'd encourage people to take on different roles and you'd get rid of that stupid RNG.

Would create relic hoarding for troll jollies

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Monday, December 05, 2016, 16:57 (2699 days ago) @ dogcow

- No text -

Just don't match-make into a raid... Oh, Wait. ;-)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Monday, December 05, 2016, 17:12 (2699 days ago) @ kidtsunami

- No text -

haha, I still see non-matchmade groups get contentious...

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Monday, December 05, 2016, 17:22 (2699 days ago) @ dogcow

- No text -

+1

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, December 05, 2016, 17:06 (2699 days ago) @ dogcow

- No text -

I love this idea.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, December 05, 2016, 17:15 (2699 days ago) @ dogcow

What if the rewards were tied to your actions in game? If you want to guarantee a drop perform a certain task/role. So, for example the Mythoclast would be granted to people who wielded the relic against Aethon.

I think this would be a vast improvement. It'd encourage people to take on different roles and you'd get rid of that stupid RNG.

The actions/goals would need to be carefully designed, of course. But I think that would be a great way to eliminate the RNG frustrations while also encouraging all players to take different roles during the raid.

I like it

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, December 05, 2016, 16:32 (2699 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Jason Jones talked ages ago about the idea of having players replay stuff over and over, like many of us did with Halo, except we'd be getting cool little rewards along the way.

Either the rewards will be something you care about, or they will not be.

If players don't care about the rewards, then it won't change their behavior, and the time implementing them is wasted.

However, if they do care, then you've made your game worse, as explained here.

The proper thing to do is to roll the rewards right into the game. Do not treat them as a separate thing with investment systems.

I like it

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, December 05, 2016, 16:53 (2699 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Jason Jones talked ages ago about the idea of having players replay stuff over and over, like many of us did with Halo, except we'd be getting cool little rewards along the way.

If players don't care about the rewards, then it won't change their behavior, and the time implementing them is wasted.

The proper thing to do is to roll the rewards right into the game. Do not treat them as a separate thing with investment systems.

When you say "roll the rewards right into the game", I believe you're referring to things like the Gjallarhorn quest in RoI, and the Black Spindle mission in TTK? If so, I completely agree.

Give me Lost Woods with Vex Portals and I'm in

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Monday, December 05, 2016, 16:58 (2699 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

I like it

by SonofMacPhisto @, Monday, December 05, 2016, 19:02 (2699 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

When you say "roll the rewards right into the game", I believe you're referring to things like the Gjallarhorn quest in RoI, and the Black Spindle mission in TTK? If so, I completely agree.

I don't know if this is apropos of nothing, but here goes.

I absolutely adore the National Park mechanic in Civ 6. In previous games you were rewarded for covering every tile on the map with something. Now, in Civ 6, you can hang on to a small four tile grouping (with certain features) and in the late game use a Naturalist unit to zone it off as a natural park.

There's something immensely satisfying about preserving a relatively small piece of land over hundreds of turns and creating something beautiful and unique. Hell, I'm getting emotional just thinking about it (probably has to do with how amazing the sound track gets after the Industrial Era hits). Beyond the map generation at the start of a game, there is nothing random to the act of creating National Parks. In fact, it might be one of the hardest decisions in the entire game.

Rewards right into the game, indeed.

I like it

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, December 05, 2016, 19:53 (2699 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

I don't know if this is apropos of nothing, but here goes.

I absolutely adore the National Park mechanic in Civ 6. In previous games you were rewarded for covering every tile on the map with something. Now, in Civ 6, you can hang on to a small four tile grouping (with certain features) and in the late game use a Naturalist unit to zone it off as a natural park.

There's something immensely satisfying about preserving a relatively small piece of land over hundreds of turns and creating something beautiful and unique. Hell, I'm getting emotional just thinking about it (probably has to do with how amazing the sound track gets after the Industrial Era hits). Beyond the map generation at the start of a game, there is nothing random to the act of creating National Parks. In fact, it might be one of the hardest decisions in the entire game.

Rewards right into the game, indeed.

There is something deeply rewarding about making the conscious decision to work towards something, put in the effort, succeed, and reap the reward. The Gjallarhorn quest in RoI was a bit of a "freebee", but it still had weight to it. I'm a huge fan of the Black Spindle quest because it had the charm of a "secret" mission, plus it was an intense challenge that was inherently satisfying to complete, and then you got this awesome weapon as a reward. I've talked about this before, but I like the inclusion of a task that is very difficult and not everyone will be able to pull it off. There are people out there who can say "I never did manage to get that Black Spindle"... and I find that a compelling part of the communal experience of Destiny. But the RNG equivalent doesn't hit the same chord. I never got a "God roll" Doctrine of Passing... not because I failed to complete the required challenge, but because 50 weeks of playing Trials every single weekend just wasn't enough to get the RNG to swing in my favor. THAT is a crappy feeling.

The Outbreak Prime quest was perhaps a tad too far down the rabbit hole of insanity (in terms of how long and complex it is), but I'll take that over "just play the raid over and over and over and hopefully you'll get the gun you want some day".

I like it

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Monday, December 05, 2016, 20:02 (2699 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

There is something deeply rewarding about making the conscious decision to work towards something, put in the effort, succeed, and reap the reward. The Gjallarhorn quest in RoI was a bit of a "freebee", but it still had weight to it. I'm a huge fan of the Black Spindle quest because it had the charm of a "secret" mission, plus it was an intense challenge that was inherently satisfying to complete, and then you got this awesome weapon as a reward. I've talked about this before, but I like the inclusion of a task that is very difficult and not everyone will be able to pull it off. There are people out there who can say "I never did manage to get that Black Spindle"... and I find that a compelling part of the communal experience of Destiny. But the RNG equivalent doesn't hit the same chord. I never got a "God roll" Doctrine of Passing... not because I failed to complete the required challenge, but because 50 weeks of playing Trials every single weekend just wasn't enough to get the RNG to swing in my favor. THAT is a crappy feeling.

So, how do you feel about the RNG around WHEN you can run the secret Black Spindle mission? I think it being available only at certain times is fine, as long as it occurs with some frequency, if it were available anytime then people would simply grind on it until they accomplished the task. If it were only available on certain days of the week (like Trials) then I'd have some problems with it as I've dedicated certain days to family/spouse and only a couple for gaming.

Update: looks like you can now run the black spindle mission at any time. I think that's probably a good solution, run it on a restricted basis for a while then open it up.

The Outbreak Prime quest was perhaps a tad too far down the rabbit hole of insanity (in terms of how long and complex it is), but I'll take that over "just play the raid over and over and over and hopefully you'll get the gun you want some day".

Yeah, still working on that one...

I like it

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, December 05, 2016, 20:04 (2699 days ago) @ dogcow

So, how do you feel about the RNG around WHEN you can run the secret Black Spindle mission? I think it being available only at certain times is fine, as long as it occurs with some frequency, if it were available anytime then people would simply grind on it until they accomplished the task. If it were only available on certain days of the week (like Trials) then I'd have some problems with it as I've dedicated certain days to family/spouse and only a couple for gaming.

Update: looks like you can now run the black spindle mission at any time. I think that's probably a good solution, run it on a restricted basis for a while then open it up.

Agreed. That's a nice way to keep it feeling a bit elusive at first, but without screwing over portions of the playerbase with scheduling conflicts.

I like it

by cheapLEY @, Monday, December 05, 2016, 22:13 (2699 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

I like that mechanic in principle, but hate it in practice. Although maybe that's just because of how I engage with a Civ game. By the time I can set up a park, I'm already bored and contemplating starting a new game. Late game Civ still sucks and ends up with me clicking "Next Turn" without actually doing anything for twenty five turns while my Science accumulates enough for me to get those last few techs. I rarely get that far anymore.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread