Anyone here any good at Overwatch? (Gaming)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, December 15, 2016, 23:18 (2707 days ago)

I recently had a nightmare scenario occur. The results were also pretty bad.

To the quick, my batteries died during a ranked match. Worse, my batteries backups were not to be found, so I had to run and get fresh batteries. Worse, the ultra tight "You don't move - Get Auto Kicked" auto mod happened during my frenzy. Worse... all this happened at the end of a clutch game... that we lost. I was Reinhardt.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

So. As a result my rank dropped to shit, and I was suspended a few minutes from ranked play. I was hopeing to go up to a new tier by the end of the day, but now. Ugh.

Anyone here any good at Overwatch? I'm not risking randoms with this re-climb.

I hear Schooly D is pro at that game

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, December 15, 2016, 23:23 (2707 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

If he's too super-pro I won't be able to play with.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, December 15, 2016, 23:28 (2707 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

You won't.

by Funkmon @, Friday, December 16, 2016, 13:45 (2706 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Schooly's pretty good at video games, but has zero tolerance for people who aren't. For example, he invited me to play a game of Halo 4 a while back, I did bad, and he told me to leave because I was bad at the game.

That said, Adam, coldairfilter, is getting this game for Christmas, so expect him to be obsessed with it for the next year.

I hear Schooly D is pro at that game

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, December 16, 2016, 20:57 (2706 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Schooly D is pro at a game besides that anime garbage game that he likes.

[image]

40 views ...so... is that no one? Hello? Bueller. Bueller.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, December 16, 2016, 05:53 (2707 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

I have a 100% win rate.... does that make me gud?

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Friday, December 16, 2016, 14:26 (2706 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Only if your k/d is... like... buhmillion/zip.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, December 16, 2016, 19:01 (2706 days ago) @ unoudid

- No text -

I choose to win by not participating :)

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Saturday, December 17, 2016, 05:07 (2706 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Tex is good, don't know if she comes around here anymore tho

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Friday, December 16, 2016, 15:19 (2706 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

She doesn't, I banned her.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, December 16, 2016, 15:26 (2706 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

- No text -

From Russia, with love.

by Tex @, Friday, December 16, 2016, 15:48 (2706 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

by Schooly D, TSD Gaming Condo, TX, Friday, December 16, 2016, 18:28 (2706 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

Tex is good at a video game

[image]

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, December 16, 2016, 19:29 (2706 days ago) @ Schooly D

Tex is good at a video game

[image]

[image]

Space Corgi?

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, December 16, 2016, 20:05 (2706 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

Anyone here any good at Overwatch?

by Dan de Board @, Friday, December 16, 2016, 16:04 (2706 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I'm high Gold and I like to think I'm good at Overwatch. I play on PS4 though, which do you play on?

Xbox. Thank you though.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, December 16, 2016, 19:00 (2706 days ago) @ Dan de Board

- No text -

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, December 16, 2016, 18:44 (2706 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

This is exactly why I don't use batteries. Spend 15 bucks on a USB extension cable at monoprice.com, plug in one of the million microUSB cables that we all have lying around nowadays, and never worry about it again. Bonus: slightly quicker control response.

._.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, December 16, 2016, 18:59 (2706 days ago) @ stabbim

This is exactly why I don't use batteries. Spend 15 bucks on a USB extension cable at monoprice.com, plug in one of the million microUSB cables that we all have lying around nowadays, and never worry about it again. Bonus: slightly quicker control response.

How did I not know this? How is it that with all my gamer prowess and knowing stuff ...ness... that I've missed this little feature.

Well shit. TIL. Thank you stabbim.

by Claude Errera @, Friday, December 16, 2016, 19:25 (2706 days ago) @ stabbim

Yep... until the cable wiggles enough over time to make the connection loose... and then deal with occasional dropouts when your controller has zero power. It ALWAYS happens at a critical moment, and you die, or your team loses a point, or whatever, because of that power outage.

(Has happened 100% of the time to me - maybe 6 controllers over a few years. Has happened to many people I've played with, usually to my detriment (short-term, but still).)

Use the cable that comes with the Xbox

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, December 17, 2016, 00:05 (2706 days ago) @ Claude Errera

It has some mean hooks that are very good at attaching to the controller. My phone's cable, for example, always drops less than an hour in, but the original cable literally only unplugs on purpose or when I drop the controller.

Claude listened to me destroy my elite controller over this.

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Saturday, December 17, 2016, 05:09 (2706 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

:(

by Claude Errera @, Saturday, December 17, 2016, 06:04 (2706 days ago) @ unoudid

- No text -

*shrug*

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Sunday, December 18, 2016, 00:02 (2705 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I dunno what to say. It's happened to me 0 times. The only time my cable has ever disconnected is when I've accidentally yanked it out. YMMV, I guess.

Get Eneloop Batteries

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Friday, December 16, 2016, 20:23 (2706 days ago) @ stabbim

they are expensive, but they last a looong time

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, December 17, 2016, 15:50 (2705 days ago) @ stabbim

Skip the extension cables. Just buy this three-pack of 10-foot Mini-USb cables for $10.

We ordered these ages ago and still have a brand new spare in storage. They're ridiculously durable (not even a rogue guinea pig could chew through the wiring), and we haven't had any issue with them getting loose.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Sunday, December 18, 2016, 00:06 (2705 days ago) @ Korny

I did, at first. But then I dropped the controller and it landed on the front, which bent the connector on the cable (the controller was fine). So, I had to replace all 15 feet of cable. After that, I bought an extension so that if that happened again, I could just replace the last couple of feet (and due to various electronics coming with a short MicroUSB cable, I already had several replacements on hand).

I guess neither way is absolutely right. Just depends whether the user is prone to breaking things.

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Friday, December 16, 2016, 23:53 (2706 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I haven't played competitive mode yet, but I think I do pretty decent.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread