Community Game Night Tuesday July 30

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, July 29, 2013, 16:50 (3929 days ago)

Everyone down for Halo 3 tomorrow? Same time (6pm PT, 9pm ET) as last Wednesday, just on Tuesday instead. Once again if that day doesn't work for enough people we will move it. Just let me know yea or nay if you are coming if you can!

I object!

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, July 29, 2013, 17:51 (3929 days ago) @ Xenos

Object to the millions of us central timers being excluded!

Halo 3 huh? Guess I'll have to start it and whatever DLC it had downloading. :)

If it makes you feel better I live in Mountain Time

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, July 29, 2013, 17:59 (3929 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

That tiny sliver of no man's zone? You have my sympathy. :p

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, July 29, 2013, 18:19 (3929 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

I object!

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Monday, July 29, 2013, 22:17 (3929 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Object to the millions of us central timers being excluded!

Halo 3 huh? Guess I'll have to start it and whatever DLC it had downloading. :)

Just use the ODST multiplayer disc.

An Excellent Suggestion!

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 06:47 (3928 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

Thanks! You saved me a day of downloading! :)

by Oholiab @, Monday, July 29, 2013, 22:29 (3929 days ago) @ Xenos

Will join if I can, but it will be after 11:00 ET... if anyone is still on.

by Risay117, Monday, July 29, 2013, 22:53 (3929 days ago) @ Xenos

I will be there. But will be gone by 9 mst

High Ground! Narrows!! Construct!!! Guardian!!!! THE PIT!!!!

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 07:43 (3928 days ago) @ Xenos

My mother-in-law is arriving today, so I might have to drug her and my wife and get them to go to sleep early, but I'm sure gonna try!

Sandtarp, with Choopers!

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 08:12 (3928 days ago) @ Speedracer513

- No text -

What's the name of that mexican lizard? Chooper-thingy!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 08:16 (3928 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

- No text -

High Ground! Narrows!! Construct!!! Guardian!!!! THE PIT!!!!

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 08:57 (3928 days ago) @ Speedracer513

And the Battle Rifle that I can't hit anything with. Maybe years of DMR training will have improved my aim...

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 15:34 (3928 days ago) @ Xenos

OooOOOoo! Finally a night I might be able to get in on!

Definitely count me as a tentative yes!

GT: Chewbaccawakka

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 15:36 (3928 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

OooOOOoo! Finally a night I might be able to get in on!

Definitely count me as a tentative yes!

GT: Chewbaccawakka

Tentatively counted as a definite yes!

by CaneCutter @, Alabama, Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 16:24 (3928 days ago) @ Xenos

Everyone down for Halo 3 tomorrow? Same time (6pm PT, 9pm ET) as last Wednesday, just on Tuesday instead. Once again if that day doesn't work for enough people we will move it. Just let me know yea or nay if you are coming if you can!

Tuesdays aren't good for me. Y'all have fun!

- CC

Me and Halo 3 aren't having too much fun yet…

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 16:44 (3928 days ago) @ Xenos

Holy hell. People quitting, terrible spawns getting me snipped across the map in an instant, betrayals. Trying to refresh myself on Halo 3 and am only getting angry. Can't wait until 8…

Message me when you get one

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 18:00 (3928 days ago) @ Xenos

XenosKB is my gamertag in case you forgot

Thanks for the games!

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 21:23 (3928 days ago) @ Xenos

Let's see, how to do this… I think I'll end on a positive note, but that means starting here:

I don't like Halo 3 multiplayer. I'd even rather play Halo 4!

Meh. I was going to list off all the reasons, but I hate being negative in general and doubly so when playing with DBO, so let's move on to the fun shall we?

Best game: Neutral bomb on Valhalla. It felt like a big mapped Halo game should. A back and forth struggle that could go on and on like good ole flag at home to score Blood Gulch in Halo 1. My team was pinned for quite a while, had some pretty funny failed attempts at getting to bomb away from our side, but we also played some good defense and stuck it out long enough to break free and score.

Best kill: Flipping the Warthog on Standoff near the missile silo and getting the double kill out of it. I pretty sure Avateur was taunting me at the time (when wasn't he! :P) which made it all the more fun. Close second was Spikenading Avateur on Zanzibar or whatever it's called.

In general I enjoyed killing Avateur whenever I could because of the taunting, and pretty much feared Snipe every time he was on the other team. Despite my dislike of Halo 3's gameplay I did enjoy revisiting all the old maps. Valhalla looks so much better without 343's washed out overly bright sunshine and The Pit has always been one of my favorites. Sticking it out for the win during the laggy game of doom was fun even if I did give up the rocket launcher.

But the best part by far is getting to play with yous guys. I did myself a disservice and played an hour of Halo 3 to warm up, and it's night and day playing with randoms and playing with friends. I may have sucked and died way too much, and been the weakest link, but getting to play with the community made it more than worth it! I totally look forward to whatever we do next! :)

I hereby dub thee the unofficial Communty Game Night scribe!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 21:35 (3928 days ago) @ Ragashingo
edited by Xenos, Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 21:50

- No text -

Haha! Thanks! I'm actually quite honored by that! *NM*

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 21:41 (3928 days ago) @ Xenos

No really, I am!

Thanks for the games!

by Oholiab @, Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 21:56 (3928 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I missed most of the action due to Arizona currently being on west coast time, but I enjoyed the few games we got in during the last hour. Thanks for setting this up!

Team Good Guys USA!

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 22:03 (3928 days ago) @ Ragashingo

It was a blast, I'm glad I was finally able to make one of these retro-matchmaking nights!

Nice sniping along the Zanzibar wall by the way!

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 22:14 (3928 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

- No text -

Thanks! It was tons of fun!

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 22:19 (3928 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

Thanks for the games!

by Risay117, Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 22:20 (3928 days ago) @ Ragashingo

It was fun but I had little input in the party chat.

Thanks for the games!

by Avateur @, Wednesday, July 31, 2013, 20:27 (3927 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Best kill: Flipping the Warthog on Standoff near the missile silo and getting the double kill out of it. I pretty sure Avateur was taunting me at the time (when wasn't he! :P) which made it all the more fun. Close second was Spikenading Avateur on Zanzibar or whatever it's called.

That game on Standoff was so close. The best way I know how to get a team to come on out in the open is to use proximity voice to bug them, especially when in a Warthog. To say the least, I was not expecting to explode. The spike grenade kill on Last Resort was also unexpected.

Best kill(s): Getting Morpheus to chase me out of sea wall window on Last Resort where Snipe was waiting with a sniper rifle. Worked like a charm!

Splattering Snipe with a Mongoose on High Ground.

In general I enjoyed killing Avateur whenever I could because of the taunting, and pretty much feared Snipe every time he was on the other team. Despite my dislike of Halo 3's gameplay I did enjoy revisiting all the old maps. Valhalla looks so much better without 343's washed out overly bright sunshine and The Pit has always been one of my favorites. Sticking it out for the win during the laggy game of doom was fun even if I did give up the rocket launcher.

My taunting is MLG pro. Snipe's taunting is MLG Super Saiyan. One day I'll get to his level of roflcopter. :P

But the best part by far is getting to play with yous guys. I did myself a disservice and played an hour of Halo 3 to warm up, and it's night and day playing with randoms and playing with friends. I may have sucked and died way too much, and been the weakest link, but getting to play with the community made it more than worth it! I totally look forward to whatever we do next! :)

Agreed. Disagree about you sucking and dying too much and being a weak link, though.

And even though these game nights seem to get started and organized here at DBO, I decided to post this over at HBO just now:

http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=1184864

Thanks for the games!

by SonofMacPhisto @, Thursday, August 01, 2013, 14:59 (3926 days ago) @ Avateur

My taunting is MLG pro.

At least he's not Gordon Brown.

:P

Thanks for the games!

by Avateur @, Thursday, August 01, 2013, 20:01 (3926 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

AHAHAHAHA! Oh man that takes it back. I'm so glad you were there for that, because I forgot about it until just now. Classic! :D

Thanks for the games!

by SonofMacPhisto @, Friday, August 02, 2013, 06:13 (3925 days ago) @ Avateur

lol - I'm pretty sure I said that. :)

Thanks for the games!

by Avateur @, Friday, August 02, 2013, 08:07 (3925 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

I'm pretty sure it was you, too. If you hadn't been there, my goodness, talk about a hilarious memory that couldn't have happened or be remembered. :D

Thanks for the games!

by SonofMacPhisto @, Friday, August 02, 2013, 11:50 (3925 days ago) @ Avateur

How soon until Jilly asks why we're talking about Gordon Brown?

Thanks for the games!

by Avateur @, Friday, August 02, 2013, 12:31 (3925 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Maybe she's in agreement and just wants in? Can't be too long, right? :P

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread