Seven Seraphs (/-/ Rampant Speculation /-/)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Saturday, February 11, 2017, 18:11 (2630 days ago)

So, Chris Barrett tweeted this this morning:

[image]

Link to Tweet

As far as I know, the Seven Seraphs haven't been mentioned in an official capacity since... before Destiny released?

Seven Seraphs

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, February 11, 2017, 19:10 (2630 days ago) @ CyberKN

[image]

Link to Tweet

As far as I know, the Seven Seraphs haven't been mentioned in an official capacity since... before Destiny released?

Excited for some Osiris action in Des2ny. Maybe the story will actually involve the speaker this time!

Seven Seraphs

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, February 11, 2017, 20:33 (2630 days ago) @ CyberKN
edited by Ragashingo, Saturday, February 11, 2017, 21:06

Actually, it was also mentioned during the Cosmodrome ride along that the Seven Serephs were a group who build Rasputin's Serephim Vault.

Then, there's the Grimoire card Lord Timur. It implies that some Exos might either be Warminds or be controlled by them:

You seem far too obsessed with these ‘Warminds’.” Timur stops and stares into the horizon as if smelling something; not danger, discovery. He draws his fellow Iron Lord close. “Tell me, Felwinter,” he whispers, “what does the word Seraph mean to you?”

Exos being controlled by Warminds would fit with four Ishtar Collective scientist Maya Sundaresh and her wife Chioma Esi, along with Duane-McNiadh, and Dr. Shim returning to a Vex structure in the form of "biomechanical proxies" with their thoughts firewalled and passed through a Warmind to keep them safe from Vex interference. (Ghost Fragment: Vex 4, See also: The Exo Stranger, Founder of the Future War Cult?)

Also, our ever present Clovis Bray was involved:

"With all respect, Lord Timur, whatever game you are playing with me has gone on far too long. This is just another Dead Zone."

"Oh, is it?"

Timur directs Felwinter's eyes towards the eastern horizon, where a building crowned with the initials "C.B." is now in view.

"We all have creators – humans, Exo, Warminds, even those poor Awoken. Some are just easier to find."

Let's just say I can't wait to really dig in to the story of the Iron Lords! :)

There's also what Rasputin says about the Stranger

by Kahzgul, Saturday, February 11, 2017, 22:55 (2630 days ago) @ Ragashingo

"Not one of mine."

Yep. "But she must have been once" or some such thing...

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, February 12, 2017, 02:45 (2630 days ago) @ Kahzgul

- No text -

I've been tracking a mysterious ARG,no way to connect it tho

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Saturday, February 11, 2017, 23:29 (2630 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

Looks to be just a troll tweet maybe?

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Monday, February 13, 2017, 15:55 (2628 days ago) @ CyberKN
edited by Pyromancy, Monday, February 13, 2017, 16:39

[img]

The true origin and meaning of the 7 Seraphs can be found on ,,,2;;:66~3&&: *end transmission*

[Seven Seraphs Image]

Link to Tweet

Based on other Tweets and Reddit posts, this looks to maybe just be a troll tweet?
Chris Barrett and Deej appeared on the 100th Episode of IGN's Fireteam Chat. The IGN host (Destin Legarie) brought up Seven Seraphs again like he says he has many times before in the past.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2017/02/11/59-destiny-concepts-you-need-to-see-igns-fireteam-chat
Go to Time Stamp @ 29:45

I don't watch this IGN show, however, they seem to have been privileged to be host to the revealing of some never before seen Concept Art. I could be mistaken but a number of the images Chris shares I don't think have ever been revealed before. (A few have been seen in the Art Of Destiny book, Developer Conference Presentations, or other online repositories)

There is a prior Tweet from Chris that may or may not be related, from Oct. 2015:

I forgot about this old emblem I made. I still have the shirt around somewhere... K" J+ J+EFK+=+LJ.?LC+;CL.
[Seven Seraphs image]

^ Older Tweet may have happened after a prior appearance on IGN's show? Or run in with host Destin?

Unreleased Concept Art Gallery - GameRant

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Tuesday, February 14, 2017, 18:23 (2627 days ago) @ Pyromancy
edited by Pyromancy, Tuesday, February 14, 2017, 18:31

Chris Barrett and Deej appeared on the 100th Episode of IGN's Fireteam Chat. The IGN host (Destin Legarie) brought up Seven Seraphs again like he says he has many times before in the past.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2017/02/11/59-destiny-concepts-you-need-to-see-igns-fireteam-chat

I don't watch this IGN show, however, they seem to have been privileged to be host to the revealing of some never before seen Concept Art. I could be mistaken but a number of the images Chris shares I don't think have ever been revealed before. (A few have been seen in the Art Of Destiny book, Developer Conference Presentations, or other online repositories)

It looks like GameRant has gone through the IGN video and pulled out the concept art images that were shown in the special 100th Episode of Fireteam Chat:

https://gamerant.com/destiny-concept-art-bungie-619/

I have not verified that this gallery shows each and every image, but this looks like a significant majority of them. The webpage gallery is much easier to digest compared to the lengthy IGN video.
Sadly, the artist's credit is dropped in the transition from the video to the unrelated webpage gallery

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, February 14, 2017, 18:58 (2627 days ago) @ Pyromancy

That first image of the hunter with his sniper rifle looks really familiar. Might be in The Art of Destiny. I seem to recall that hunter being identified not as Cayde-6 but his friend who he replaced on the Vanguard... Will verify this afternoon.

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Tuesday, February 14, 2017, 19:23 (2627 days ago) @ Ragashingo
edited by Pyromancy, Tuesday, February 14, 2017, 19:27

That first image of the hunter with his sniper rifle looks really familiar. Might be in The Art of Destiny. I seem to recall that hunter being identified not as Cayde-6 but his friend who he replaced on the Vanguard... Will verify this afternoon.

A number of the images have been seen before, a small handful of them I don't believe have been seen.

Yes, Art of Destiny. (p. 123) & Ghost Edition: Arms and Armament booklet (p. 52) It was originally Andal Brask, but they liked the design and used it for Cayde-6

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, February 14, 2017, 19:26 (2627 days ago) @ Pyromancy

A number of the images have been seen before, a small handful of them I don't believe have been seen.

Yes, Art of Destiny. (p. 123) & Ghost Edition: Arms and Armament booklet (p. 52) It was originally Andal Brask, but they liked the design and used it for Cayde-6

Haha! I could not remember I had the Arms and Armament book! I kept picturing that picture in a smaller form book but could only think of Cayde-6's Treasure Island from The Taken King. Thanks for the reminder. :)

Gonna hold on to this one for future VoG lore debates:

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, February 14, 2017, 20:28 (2627 days ago) @ Pyromancy

[image]

Well, crap

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 00:34 (2627 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

Gonna hold on to this one for future VoG lore debates:

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 12:39 (2626 days ago) @ CyberKN

Venus Vex and Mars Vex? (:

LOL!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 13:21 (2626 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread