How much do we really know of destiny?

by Risay117, Saturday, August 03, 2013, 19:03 (3927 days ago)

Question really how much do we really know?

To tell you the truth I believe we know more or less everything about the basis of this game. Except the details or is there any basic game function we do not know of.

by ncsuDuncan @, Saturday, August 03, 2013, 19:41 (3927 days ago) @ Risay117

To tell you the truth I believe we know more or less everything about the basis of this game. Except the details or is there any basic game function we do not know of.

I don't know half of Destiny half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of it half as well as it deserves.

ProudFEET!

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, August 03, 2013, 20:11 (3927 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

- No text -

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, August 03, 2013, 20:40 (3927 days ago) @ Risay117

I believe you are wrong. I mean sure, it depends on how you define "the details", but I expect at least one plot twist on the level of The Flood in Halo 1 or playing as The Arbiter in Halo 2, and at least one gameplay surprise surpassing the reveal of space combat in Reach.

Bungie is presenting us a world where we have the good guys in The City protected by the heroic sacrifice of The Traveler who are all now besieged by the evil alien forces, but I don't believe for a second that things will be that simple. Maybe Humanity instigated what happened to it. Maybe The Traveler arrived and started terraforming the planets and we were grateful and had our golden age... until it got around to "terraforming" the Earth and we had to fight it to stop it. Maybe something else even more awesome that those examples happened. But whatever is coming I can't believe what we see is all we're going to get.

And for gameplay I'm hoping for a return to space combat, and wondering what the gameplay of Destiny might be like if not all Guardians shared the same goals, and instead met up in a public space with contradictory objectives. With Reach and Halo 4 Bungie and 343 talked about bringing your single player character into multiplayer, but all they really meant was getting to wear the same skins... I could see Destiny's background matchmaking and public space concepts getting combined to actually provide us a way to have our single player character really be our multiplayer character and for fire teams and individual Guardians to build actual reputations and really become legends.

I guess I'm optimistic because every Bungie game that I followed before release had a major twist that I wasn't expecting. I can't believe that Bungie is only going to give us borderlands with a harder scifi theme which is basically what they've revealed so far. Not when they have a new ip and freedom to do what they want for the first time in a decade, and what seems to be an enthusiastic publisher who is betting a lot on them after hearing their proposal for this new game.

by Risay117, Saturday, August 03, 2013, 20:49 (3927 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Good point and must say campaign wise we have nothing much but gameplay wise I kind of have the idea of the game already set what I am really looking for is that twist with reach space mission or something else. That will really blow the competition away. Well maybe the vga might have something on this topic.

But personally with fear of getting disappointed I have an expectation and am expecting the game the way it is. Kind of have a picture what the game is about but at the same time there is not much to it.

You know nuthin John Snow.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, August 04, 2013, 01:04 (3927 days ago) @ Risay117

- No text -

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, August 05, 2013, 13:09 (3925 days ago) @ Risay117

is there any basic game function we do not know of.

If there is, then we still can't answer that question.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread