My [redacted] is… mushy?? *OT*

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, August 06, 2013, 17:50 (3924 days ago)

Yes, as you may have expected, the topic title was a ploy to get you to click. But it wasn't deceptive! Take comfort in that! So what's it about then? The power button on my 360, that's what. It doesn't click like my brother's does. His has this nice mechanical feel, like pressing the power on an iPhone. Mine though, you sorta grab the Xbox by the back and press in on the button until it turns on. There's hardly any feeling. You don't have to press hard, but you can't really tell that you've done anything until it makes its first sounds.

Is my button broken?

Did I somehow forget to pull off some safety sticker four years ago?

Does yours click?

Would you rather this topic have been about something cooler?

Discuss.

Vague reply title!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, August 06, 2013, 17:54 (3924 days ago) @ Ragashingo
edited by Xenos, Tuesday, August 06, 2013, 18:36

My old elite's button had a nice click to it. I wish this topic had been about cereal...

Yeah I think your [redacted] is broken

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, August 06, 2013, 18:36 (3924 days ago) @ Xenos
edited by Ragashingo, Tuesday, August 06, 2013, 18:44

P.S. Why did you ruin my vague-o-rioty of my topic? :(

P.P.S Now this post seems stupid and meaningless. Try and fix THAT!

I fixed it for you, now edit your reply and we're good, haha

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, August 06, 2013, 18:37 (3924 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Tuesday, August 06, 2013, 18:17 (3924 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I actually avoid touching any of the buttons on the console. It is pristine. The only time I EVER used the power button on the 360 was right out of the box, the very first time I powered it on. I couldn't even imagine what the action of the power button feels like.

After the 1 time, I've learned to use the mini media remote that came bundled with the launch 360 that has a power button on it OR long pressing the Xbox Guide button on any of the controllers to boot the device (same for powering off). Ditto that for ejecting the disc tray, I use the remote or on screen prompts from within the menus.

I can however tell you that I have returned a new phone upgrade for having a poor power button design/feeling (amongst other things), and spitefully stuck with a solid, older, more dependable, device. A button that gets used SO often throughout the day has to be just right.

I just say "Xbox, on."

by ncsuDuncan @, Tuesday, August 06, 2013, 20:03 (3924 days ago) @ Pyromancy

Nothing happens though.

Try saying "Hal" instead of XBox

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, August 06, 2013, 20:07 (3924 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

- No text -

My [redacted] doesn't even move

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, August 06, 2013, 18:40 (3924 days ago) @ Ragashingo

But it's obviously capacitive.

Yes, your's broken. My old 360 Elite clicked all the time, every time.

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Tuesday, August 06, 2013, 19:10 (3924 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Really strange to me, after reading all the replies though, I can tell you that I've NEVER clicked my 360 button. Since it's capacitive I just brush my fingers across the buttons and let the circuit complete...

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, August 07, 2013, 13:59 (3923 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Is my button broken?

Maybe. But it also might just be gummed up with dust, or years of sticky-fingers goop. You could try cleaning it with some rubbing alcohol on a rag. Take the faceplate off like this, and clean out the back of the button on the faceplate, and the actual button behind it on the chassis of the 360. Obviously, you should unplug your 360 from power while doing so, just in case.

Nope. There's nothing behind the faceplate that needs removed before usage.

Does yours click?

Nope, but I have a slim 360. The "buttons" are capacitive touch sensors.

There are things which are cooler than minor mechanical/electrical work?

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Sunday, August 11, 2013, 09:49 (3919 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Is my button broken?

¯\(°_o)/¯

apparently not, from the other replies; I didn't think so anyway

Does yours click?

yes, every time

yeah >_>

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread