Hmm... (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, April 06, 2017, 02:12 (2580 days ago)

I hadn't noticed this before, but I logged into the Destiny Companion App a few minutes ago, and was faced with a new countdown clock:

[image]

I sort of thought we had until Destiny 2 launched to finish the AoT book... but it looks like it closes on August 1, at 10am PT. I wonder why?

Hmm...

by Mariachi @, Kentucky, Thursday, April 06, 2017, 04:11 (2580 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I'm betting that is the cutoff to get the shirt, but you could still complete the book after that day.

Hmm...

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Thursday, April 06, 2017, 13:41 (2579 days ago) @ Mariachi

Yeah, that's confirmed.

O.o

by BlackstarBSP, Thursday, April 06, 2017, 08:14 (2580 days ago) @ Claude Errera

No pressure...

Three years of Destiny, and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt!

How are you not finished yet?

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, April 06, 2017, 11:26 (2580 days ago) @ Claude Errera

[image]

Liar.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, April 06, 2017, 11:58 (2580 days ago) @ unoudid

King's Fall? Iron Banner?

No

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, April 06, 2017, 12:00 (2580 days ago) @ Morpheus

King's Fall? Iron Banner?

You don't have to do everything to complete the book--else we'd have to go to the Lighthouse.

No

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, April 06, 2017, 12:01 (2580 days ago) @ Kermit

The very first objective on the Trials page is literally called "To The Lighthouse".

No

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, April 06, 2017, 12:04 (2580 days ago) @ Morpheus

The very first objective on the Trials page is literally called "To The Lighthouse".

You only have to do all but one to finish the last node. It's like "complete 7 of 8" for each page. So for the trials one, you can do everything except go to the lighthouse.

No

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, April 06, 2017, 12:12 (2580 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

You only have to do all but one to finish the last node. It's like "complete 7 of 8" for each page. So for the trials one, you can do everything except go to the lighthouse.

But the last node is conditional upon finishing the other seven on each page.
That's why there's only seven "objectives" to complete, because each time you finish one, that 8th node will fill up because of that.

Not to mention, unless there's some super-cool PS4 exclusive patch, the record book is broken to begin with.

The Allegiances pages alone(for me at least) is completely destroyed.

Rank 25 with FWC-- Lvl. 99
Rank 25 with DO-- Lvl. 40
Rank 25 with NM--haven't finished yet, New Monarchy sucks.
Rank 50 with Cryptarch.--Lvl. 153. Three times over.

None of those have unlocked.

No

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, April 06, 2017, 12:21 (2580 days ago) @ Morpheus

That's why there's only seven "objectives" to complete, because each time you finish one, that 8th node will fill up because of that.

This is true EXCEPT in the case of the Trials page, in which you have to complete six (specifically so you DON'T have to make it to the Lighthouse). And to get to rank 7 in the book you only have to complete somewhere around 70-80% of the nodes.

That...Just Doesn't Make Sense To Me.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, April 06, 2017, 12:41 (2580 days ago) @ Xenos

All the other record books(Year 1 Moments of Triumph, Year 2 Moments of Triumph, Rise of Iron, Competitive Spirit) are all or nothing--if you were missing a single objective, it wasn't complete.

For an entire month, Bungie had been chubbing up about #biggestrecordbookever and they decide, "Oh you can just half-ass it"?

I don't understand how(or why) they'd do something like that.

And in all technicality, his screenshot did say "Book Complete". So unless they consider Rank 7 a full job, it's impossible as of this moment.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, April 06, 2017, 12:49 (2580 days ago) @ Morpheus

All the other record books(Year 1 Moments of Triumph, Year 2 Moments of Triumph, Rise of Iron, Competitive Spirit) are all or nothing--if you were missing a single objective, it wasn't complete.

For an entire month, Bungie had been chubbing up about #biggestrecordbookever and they decide, "Oh you can just half-ass it"?

And they've also said in almost every single broadcast and news post that you DON'T have to complete the whole thing... this isn't something the community discovered post AoT launch, this is straight from Bungie. I would give you links but I can't access them at work, go watch the announcement stream if you want proof.

Also it's NOT half-assing it. This is the final major event for Destiny 1. We didn't all play all activities so they want us to now look back at what we DID enjoy doing in Destiny, not force us to go and get to the Lighthouse all of a sudden.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, April 06, 2017, 12:55 (2580 days ago) @ Xenos

And they've also said in almost every single broadcast and news post that you DON'T have to complete the whole thing... this isn't news we're talking about, go watch the announcement stream if you don't believe us.

Hang on, hang on--I never said I don't believe you, I just said it doesn't make sense.

What I don't believe is a picture saying the book is complete when at least 5 notches on multiple pages of that book aren't even available yet.

Simple solution

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, April 06, 2017, 12:58 (2580 days ago) @ Morpheus

Look him up on Bungie.net. I can see myself that he's completed it.

Edit: which interestingly enough means you only have to complete about half the book.

Simple solution

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, April 06, 2017, 13:20 (2579 days ago) @ Xenos

And in all technicality, his screenshot did say "Book Complete". So unless they consider Rank 7 a full job, it's impossible as of this moment.

Okay, yes--I looked at his book and almost all of his Crucible and Titan page is empty.

My mistake—I was considering complete in the literal sense, like I was so used to in the others.

Edit: which interestingly enough means you only have to complete about half the book.

So, then...yes, it is.

Simple solution

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, April 06, 2017, 13:39 (2579 days ago) @ Morpheus

Thinking about it just now the percentage needed is pretty logical sense they want anyone to be able to complete the book. One page is entirely dedicated to being around for the entire time the game is around, so it wouldn't make sense to require that page (and makes it easier for us that WERE around, so bonus for us), then you have 3 pages on classes so it makes sense to not require you to complete the pages for any more than one class (heck, I don't even have it completed for my main class yet). Then you have the Trials page which I'm sure they don't expect everyone to finish. So with that you have about 47% that would have to be finished to get rank 7, which makes it sound trivial, but will still take the average person a fairly considerable amount of time to finish.

No

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, April 06, 2017, 12:30 (2580 days ago) @ Morpheus

I would have to look at the book again, but I'm pretty sure they (bungie) said that for each of the pages, you don't have to complete all of the nodes to finish the last node. So if there are 8 total nodes, then you only need to finish 6 of the 7 other nodes to complete the last node. And that's also true of the Ultimate last node, which you only have to finish a portion of the pages to complete that node.

Not to mention, unless there's some super-cool PS4 exclusive patch, the record book is broken to begin with.

The Allegiances pages alone(for me at least) is completely destroyed.

Rank 25 with FWC-- Lvl. 99
Rank 25 with DO-- Lvl. 40
Rank 25 with NM--haven't finished yet, New Monarchy sucks.
Rank 50 with Cryptarch.--Lvl. 153. Three times over.

None of those have unlocked.

Weird, I have NM, Cryptarch and Vangaurd all ranked fine.

Braggart!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, April 06, 2017, 11:59 (2580 days ago) @ unoudid

I'm only 30-something percent on both platforms. This time I think I was really hurt by playing on both platforms, plus the regimen I started in year three of rotating characters. All of them have done a little of something.

This time I'll have to pick one platform to focus on for completion, I'm afraid--if it's even possible to complete.

heh, I had 3 warlocks. starting titan/hunter now.....

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, April 06, 2017, 12:57 (2580 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

Get help.

by ProbablyLast, Monday, April 10, 2017, 23:58 (2575 days ago) @ unoudid

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread