Could we possibly start the PS4 raid at 9 EDT? (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, June 19, 2017, 11:32 (2515 days ago)

Or at the very least promptly at 9:30?

Could we possibly start the PS4 raid at 9 EDT?

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Monday, June 19, 2017, 14:53 (2514 days ago) @ Kermit

Or at the very least promptly at 9:30?

I was hoping to ask you about 9:30. Lets schedule it for 9:00.

Did you finish?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, June 20, 2017, 10:44 (2514 days ago) @ dogcow

- No text -

Yep!

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, June 20, 2017, 12:07 (2514 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

Yep!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, June 20, 2017, 14:24 (2513 days ago) @ CyberKN

Great!

But, um, do you think you crackerjack players can help me get this at some point? I've done my time in the Aksis salt mines.

Yep!

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, June 20, 2017, 14:31 (2513 days ago) @ Kermit

Great!

But, um, do you think you crackerjack players can help me get this at some point? I've done my time in the Aksis salt mines.

I'm up for getting Pro Team Group BrΩmega Plus+ (featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry™ series!) together to help you knock it out next time. No FTB allowed tho.

Yep!

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Tuesday, June 20, 2017, 14:54 (2513 days ago) @ Kermit

I'd be happy help out if you need me, but I have a feeling there are others out there less prone to screwing up than me whose schedules work better. Though, I certainly have gotten better at this encounter since putting in the time w/ you. Anyway, let me know if you need a non-ringer on your team. ;-)

Yep!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, June 20, 2017, 15:44 (2513 days ago) @ dogcow

I'd be happy help out if you need me, but I have a feeling there are others out there less prone to screwing up than me whose schedules work better. Though, I certainly have gotten better at this encounter since putting in the time w/ you. Anyway, let me know if you need a non-ringer on your team. ;-)

Hey, I'm a proud deeply flawed raider who doesn't like to discriminate based on skill, but this is one of those challenges where it helps to increase the odds of perfect execution. I was trying to recruit ringers last week to help me, you, and Pyro because I knew we still needed it for the record book, but it didn't work out.

Yep! (Plus, Aksis tips and strat) *vid*

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, June 21, 2017, 18:49 (2512 days ago) @ Kermit
edited by Korny, Wednesday, June 21, 2017, 19:27

Hey, at this point, you have the whole thing down pat, and you're less likely to end up dead inside a SIVA cloud than I am, if our recent run is anything to go by...

Hey, I'm a proud deeply flawed raider who doesn't like to discriminate based on skill, but this is one of those challenges where it helps to increase the odds of perfect execution. I was trying to recruit ringers last week to help me, you, and Pyro because I knew we still needed it for the record book, but it didn't work out.

IIRC, I took your spot as middle Floater, so I uploaded this video of how I do it, if you want to check some tips.

0:52
Since I'm a floater, as soon as empowerment hits, I check to see if my teammate is empowered. He is, and since I am too, I'm obviously going to need to move (it would also be the case if neither of us was empowered). I check left and see that someone is empowered, narrowing down the possibilities. Pyro is clearly doing the same thing, since we repeatedly swapped without needing to say much.

1:00
Some folks tend to have a bit of an issue telling apart Void Cannons and Arc Cannons. A quick tip is that your captain's shield element will match the cannon that he is wielding, and your first Servitor will always be on a different side from where your cannon is. So when our Arc captain went down, and Kupkake picked up the cannon and heard "Solar Left", the Arc Servitor was going to be in Mid. She didn't even need to glance at our own door.

1:19
If I'm empowered, I like to stand right behind the Servitor, rubbing up on him. It keeps me from blocking my teammate's shots, and lets me grab the bomb as soon as it's killed, which helps the next servitor spawn faster (I feel).

2:19
I botch the first of multiple Tethers. I'm not very good at it, and it affected our DPS quite a bit. :/
Better Hunters should prove to be more useful, as we were able to get his damage almost behind the A in "Archon" a few times.

4:33
Pyro (an Empowered player) dies, causing his empowerment to shift. Two things needed to happen. 1, Cyber pointed out that he was now empowered, and he was quickly told where he needed to go. And 2, Pyro needed to continue his role as bomb thrower for Middle. That way the flow remains the same, except that Cyber will need to be in position before the final throw.

5:37
Both Kupkake and I were empowered on Right. This is the single biggest cause of wipes, I think, and was clearly a huge problem in every run; people don't go where they need to go when empowerment shifts.
I tell people to listen to the first two empowerment callouts, and if you're the last to call out, fill the missing slot and call that out instead.
If I'm in the Middle, and I get empowered and hear "Empowered Mid" "Empowered Right", I should say "Empowered Left" and head there immediately. That prevents any confusion, and people can focus on doing their job. You'll notice that this comes into play later...

This moment is one that stuck with me during the raid. Because I only heard "Empowered Left", and being on the Right, I knew that there was a 66.66% (repeating, of course) chance of Slam failure, since nobody said that they were Mid. Rather than doing valuable DPS (I was holding a cannon), I was looking for whoever was Mid, and wondering if I should abandon my Supercharge post to go Mid. It was really frustrating, until I realized what was going on. Glancing through Axis's legs, a caught a quick glimpse of Kupkake, and saw that she was empowered, but I guessed that she likely had no idea. Defenders should always double check their empowerment, because the Weapons of Light buff adds a glow that can make it difficult for them to realize that they have it. It was an issue for other folks a number of times over the past week, so Defenders should take care to pay extra attention.
Since she had no chance to relocate given her position, I let her know that she was Right, and I booked it to Middle, and you can see that the timing couldn't have been closer...

5:55
Picking up from that, as soon as I slammed, I heard "Empowered Mid". Like I said before, since I heard it before I called it, I knew I would have to move. As soon as I heard "Empowered Right", I jumped to the left and said "I'm Left".

6:09 Cyber picks up the Arc cannon and runs off to do DPS. That one cannon went all around the map during each phase, which is kind of funny to me... Especially since I didn't get to fire it at Aksis even once.

6:40
A funny moment. It took seven seconds after Aksis left for any of us to get on the second platform. Not because we had to travel to it, but because we were all really paranoid about bumping into each other...

8:08
If you're holding the cannon, you don't need to go off and explore the map for your Servitor. Again, Your target won't start off on your platform, and once you hear a single callout, you should have enough info to know where your Servitor will be. Don't stand there asking "where is he?", get moving (but don't take the scenic route through the back of the map, that wastes a ton of time).
Once you kill your Servitor, he will then be on a platform different from the one he just spawned at (barring an ultra-rare timing-based anomaly, which is known to happen if you already have two Servitors of the same element on the field). I'm not sure why folks still get confused by this.

9:10
Edge of your seat moment.
Destroyo was empowered, but he didn't realize it, likely because he picked up Weapons of Light, and because he momentarily lost it as Empowerment shifted, and he didn't realize that he had it again. This is why it's reeeeeeeaaaaally important to check the bottom left text after every single slam. We've been learning this since Golgoroth made us blow our team up in Year 2. If you don't hear the third person call out empowerment, check your screen.
Destroyo noticed it and somehow made it just in time. Again, though, the confusion and lack of communication cost us DPS, since everybody stopped shooting Aksis while despair and rage took over our every pore...
Even after he slammed, it took me a few seconds to process it, but we were able to get the necessary damage in. Good save, Destroyo.

Bonus Tips:

-Don't be afraid to use your Supers often leading up to killing the captain. The plan is to get a buttload of Supers during the slam phases.

-On that same note, spam your Supers during every single teleport. Do it often enough, and there will be plenty of Orbs for the whole team after jumping off the back platform.

- And Kermit already has this down, but If disaster strikes for any reason during the slam phases, make sure to try to get the Supercharge before you wipe. Helps everybody.

^ Must read for anyone struggling with Aksis

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, June 21, 2017, 22:27 (2512 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Yep! (Plus, Aksis tips and strat) *vid*

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, June 21, 2017, 22:34 (2512 days ago) @ Korny

I actually was on the left with Destroyo, but good show and good tips!

Yep!

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Tuesday, June 20, 2017, 16:17 (2513 days ago) @ Kermit

If my math is correct, the next week for WotM to be the featured raid is July 11-17... If so, that is one of the few weeks I will have this summer with pretty much nothing going on all week. I would be happy to plan one or more nights to help you finish this.

Is there anyone else that just needs this to finish that page of the book? If not, I think me, Cyber, Cruel, Korny, and Ottermack can carry you through it even if you fall asleep in your chair. :-)

Yep!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, June 20, 2017, 17:13 (2513 days ago) @ Speedracer513

If my math is correct, the next week for WotM to be the featured raid is July 11-17... If so, that is one of the few weeks I will have this summer with pretty much nothing going on all week. I would be happy to plan one or more nights to help you finish this.

Is there anyone else that just needs this to finish that page of the book? If not, I think me, Cyber, Cruel, Korny, and Ottermack can carry you through it even if you fall asleep in your chair. :-)

Well, I think that's already happened (I was dead the last time we finished it), but you can't get the challenge that way). I've made it through enough rounds now that I'm sure with the help of you all, we can string together three successful rounds.

Yep!

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, June 20, 2017, 19:51 (2513 days ago) @ Kermit

[image]

Thanks again, to all that helped

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Thursday, June 22, 2017, 02:58 (2512 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread