Backers of Marty's "Echoes of the First Dreamer", bad news. (Off-Topic)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, June 20, 2017, 13:17 (2508 days ago)
edited by Speedracer513, Tuesday, June 20, 2017, 14:17

Half of the Kickstarter emails may have been going to your Spam folder (as was the case on my end), so you may have missed out on the Backer Survey sent out early this month for your pledge loot. According to the latest backer update, most backers haven't filled it out.

Fortunately, the email that did slip through says that we can fill it out this week, so get checking!

The first one I got was the one that says "FINAL REMINDER"

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, June 20, 2017, 13:42 (2508 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Backers of Marty's "Echoes of the First Dreamer", bad news.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Tuesday, June 20, 2017, 13:59 (2508 days ago) @ Korny

Half of the Kickstarter emails may have been going to your Spam folder (as was the case on my end), so you may have missed out on the Backer Survey sent out early this month for your pledge loot. According to the latest backer update, most backers haven't filled it out.

Fortunately, the email that did slip through says that we can fill it out this week, so get checking!

I guess I'm one of the fortunate ones who've been getting (more) emails than most. I filled in my survey over 2 weeks ago.

Same Here.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, June 20, 2017, 14:40 (2508 days ago) @ dogcow

- No text -

Same Here.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Wednesday, June 21, 2017, 02:46 (2507 days ago) @ dogcow

Mmrowl, I'm a spammer.

;-)

by Yapok @, Tuesday, June 20, 2017, 14:02 (2508 days ago) @ Korny

I just got the digital version so I didnt fill out the form per the instructions. Kept getting reminders about it though.

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Tuesday, June 20, 2017, 14:17 (2508 days ago) @ Korny

... According to the latest backer update, most backers haven't filled it out.

That's funny - the latest backer update (that hit my inbox yesterday) says that most backers have filled it out:

Just a quick update this time. Most of you have responded to their Backer Survey. Thank you! If you haven't sent it in yet, please fill out the survey and return it this week. We are ordering shirts soon, and we can only guarantee the right size if we receive your shirt size preference this week. And obviously if we do not receive your address you may not get anything at all, so please take a minute and send a response!
Ok... back to crunching on Golem now!
-Highwire's Community Manager

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, June 20, 2017, 14:25 (2508 days ago) @ Speedracer513

... According to the latest backer update, most backers haven't filled it out.

That's funny - the latest backer update (that hit my inbox yesterday) says that most backers have filled it out:

Ah yeah, the word "haven't" is directly under "have" in my email, so my brain blurred those together as I read the thing. Given the overall negative tone of the rest of the message, I guess I didn't question my eagle vision...

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, June 20, 2017, 20:09 (2507 days ago) @ Korny

Is this from kickstarter?

I haven't gotten a survey. The last update was update #10 in September of last year.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, June 20, 2017, 20:12 (2507 days ago) @ Kermit

Yes.

The last update was update #10 in September of last year.

Sounds like you've missed or not received something. I have an update 13 email from February 22nd, and the survey email went out on June 2nd.

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Tuesday, June 20, 2017, 20:20 (2507 days ago) @ stabbim

Yes.

The last update was update #10 in September of last year.

Sounds like you've missed or not received something. I have an update 13 email from February 22nd, and the survey email went out on June 2nd.

And Update #14 should have gone to your email inbox yesterday.

Backers of Marty's "Echoes of the First Dreamer", GOOD NEWS

by MartyTheElder, Wednesday, June 21, 2017, 16:41 (2507 days ago) @ Kermit

Sort of don't like the title of this thread...

But anyway, Kermit - I got ya covered.

Although you should check your junk mail folder.

Good news folks - Echoes is being duplicated as I write this!

This makes me very happy. :-)

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Wednesday, June 21, 2017, 16:57 (2507 days ago) @ MartyTheElder

- No text -

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, June 21, 2017, 19:12 (2507 days ago) @ MartyTheElder

Sort of don't like the title of this thread...

Sorry, I thought putting such an ominous clickbait title would freak people out momentarily, which is funny to me.

And as Speed already pointed out to me, I grossly overestimated the seriousness of the situation due to a misunderstanding of what the email was saying, which is what inspired me to make the post in the first place...

Yay!

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, June 21, 2017, 21:08 (2506 days ago) @ Korny

That's awesome! Any chance of preorders going up for those of us that missed out on the Kickstarter?

Ish. They indicate that some backer rewards will be on store

by Funkmon @, Thursday, June 22, 2017, 00:31 (2506 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

Cool, thanks.

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, June 22, 2017, 15:47 (2506 days ago) @ Funkmon

I'd love to get a vinyl (I guess I'm just assuming they're going to press some). Worst case I just get a digital download of the music, but I'm a sucker for cool records.

Sweet!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, June 21, 2017, 22:16 (2506 days ago) @ MartyTheElder

Can't wait to hear it!

P.S. I did check my spam folder. :(

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, June 22, 2017, 12:04 (2506 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

This is definitely a Kermit problem...

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, June 22, 2017, 14:54 (2506 days ago) @ Kermit

Your mailbox is full a lot of the time, and your ISP bounces mail IMMEDIATELY when it is. As someone who runs a bunch of automated email systems (like the one that sends you mail from Kickstarter), I know that for the most part, these failures are invisible to the sender, because it takes work to notice them, and most of us don't do that work. (If you send someone mail from a personal account, and it fails, you get the failure message back into the same account as you sent from, and you almost always see it. If you send someone mail automatically, and it fails, the failure message goes to a specific place - one that's usually full of all SORTS of failure messages, not all related to email. Unless someone is being diligent about checking, it's possible that these messages are never even noticed.)

I would bet 5 donuts that each of the missing updates were sent at a time when your box was full, and they simply bounced.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, June 22, 2017, 15:17 (2506 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Your mailbox is full a lot of the time, and your ISP bounces mail IMMEDIATELY when it is. As someone who runs a bunch of automated email systems (like the one that sends you mail from Kickstarter), I know that for the most part, these failures are invisible to the sender, because it takes work to notice them, and most of us don't do that work. (If you send someone mail from a personal account, and it fails, you get the failure message back into the same account as you sent from, and you almost always see it. If you send someone mail automatically, and it fails, the failure message goes to a specific place - one that's usually full of all SORTS of failure messages, not all related to email. Unless someone is being diligent about checking, it's possible that these messages are never even noticed.)

I would bet 5 donuts that each of the missing updates were sent at a time when your box was full, and they simply bounced.

I definitely have had that problem but not for a while. Doesn't explain why the latest is nowhere to be found.

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, June 22, 2017, 16:27 (2506 days ago) @ Kermit

I definitely have had that problem but not for a while. Doesn't explain why the latest is nowhere to be found.

Are you gonna be at PAX, Kermit? If not, I volunteer to act as your proxy and let Claude pay up those 5 donuts to me.

DONUT OPPORTUNIST!

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, June 22, 2017, 16:34 (2506 days ago) @ Speedracer513

- No text -

Maple is my favorite ;-)

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, June 22, 2017, 16:39 (2506 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

This guy clearly knows his stuff.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Thursday, June 22, 2017, 16:56 (2506 days ago) @ Speedracer513

- No text -

Maple is my favorite ;-)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, June 22, 2017, 17:24 (2506 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Krispy Kreme glazed in sight of a lit HOT neon sign or I'm out.

Maple is my favorite ;-)

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, June 22, 2017, 17:27 (2506 days ago) @ Kermit

The problem with Krispy Kreme is that I can only have one before I start to feel like I'll go into a legit sugar coma if I have more. And I typically have a very high tolerance for sweet.

I'll agree that a single fresh, hot Krispy Kreme is glorious. But don't eat three or more unless you're near an ER.

Maple is my favorite ;-)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, June 22, 2017, 17:54 (2506 days ago) @ Speedracer513

The problem with Krispy Kreme is that I can only have one before I start to feel like I'll go into a legit sugar coma if I have more. And I typically have a very high tolerance for sweet.

I'll agree that a single fresh, hot Krispy Kreme is glorious. But don't eat three or more unless you're near an ER.

Totally agree. We have this every year. A fun time if the sight of people puking right and left doesn't bother you.

Maple is my favorite ;-)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, June 22, 2017, 18:10 (2506 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Sometime last year, an event I don't need to go into occurred when I was at a Krispy Kreme, intending to pick up 1/2 dozen donuts. The result was that in addition to those, they gave me a dozen glazed donuts for free.

No problem, I thought, I'll just give some of them away. But, in an odd twist of fate, not a single person that I knew was interested in free donuts (I mean really, people - what the hell?). And, well, I was taught not to waste food...

Is it the Dacia Sandero?

by Funkmon @, Thursday, June 22, 2017, 00:30 (2506 days ago) @ MartyTheElder

This is like hearing a game has gone gold. I'm quite excited for the record.

LOLZ

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, June 22, 2017, 04:05 (2506 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

I got them, but I did digital only.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Wednesday, June 21, 2017, 10:49 (2507 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread