Posting Fan Fiction

by PerseusSpartacus, G'rndl Prime, Friday, August 16, 2013, 21:25 (3913 days ago)

I have a fan fiction story here I wrote real quick, designed to give my own vision of a backstory for Destiny, titled 'Revival of the Past'. However, I have no clue where to post it. I would like it to get it put up on DBO, but I don't know how. Any ideas?

Vale,
Perseus

How's this?

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Friday, August 16, 2013, 21:36 (3913 days ago) @ PerseusSpartacus

How's this?

by PerseusSpartacus, G'rndl Prime, Friday, August 16, 2013, 22:20 (3913 days ago) @ Mr Daax

Thanks. Unfortunately, the login thing under fan fiction (just noticed that going into the fan fiction area pops up a new dropdown menu for use at the top) forces me to use WordPress, when I don't have a WordPress account! Ugh. Maybe I'll figure something out.

Vale,
Perseus

How's this?

by Claude Errera @, Saturday, August 17, 2013, 05:02 (3912 days ago) @ PerseusSpartacus

Thanks. Unfortunately, the login thing under fan fiction (just noticed that going into the fan fiction area pops up a new dropdown menu for use at the top) forces me to use WordPress, when I don't have a WordPress account! Ugh. Maybe I'll figure something out.

Actually, it does no such thing. The site is using wordpress, yes... but it's a local version. When you click the 'Register' link under the login box, you're creating a local destiny.bungie.org account - just put in a username, a password will be mailed to you, use it with your username to log in. You're done.

How's this?

by PerseusSpartacus, G'rndl Prime, Saturday, August 17, 2013, 11:06 (3912 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Actually, it does no such thing. The site is using wordpress, yes... but it's a local version. When you click the 'Register' link under the login box, you're creating a local destiny.bungie.org account - just put in a username, a password will be mailed to you, use it with your username to log in. You're done.

Oh sweet! So does that mean I already have the account I need, or is this account Forums-specific?

Vale,
Perseus

How's this?

by PerseusSpartacus, G'rndl Prime, Saturday, August 17, 2013, 11:22 (3912 days ago) @ PerseusSpartacus

Oh sweet! So does that mean I already have the account I need, or is this account Forums-specific?

Cancel that. Just tried to login with my Forums account, and it didn't work, so I had to register for a DBO Fan-fic account.

In any case, I just posted my story. I believe it should meet the submission guidelines, though I'm afraid I wasn't exactly that attentive. Hopefully it'll pass.

Vale,
Perseus

How's this?

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Monday, August 19, 2013, 06:13 (3910 days ago) @ PerseusSpartacus

Cancel that. Just tried to login with my Forums account, and it didn't work, so I had to register for a DBO Fan-fic account.

In any case, I just posted my story. I believe it should meet the submission guidelines, though I'm afraid I wasn't exactly that attentive. Hopefully it'll pass.

Vale,
Perseus

Hey, apologies on being late to join the conversation. My weekend got somewhat unexpectedly busy.

I did see the notification that you submitted a story. I'm going to go into the queue today and review the current submissions and push those that meet minimum guidelines out to public view. I'll let you know if yours doesn't meet the guidelines and, in that case, kick it back to you for revisions. :)

How's this?

by PerseusSpartacus, G'rndl Prime, Monday, August 19, 2013, 09:24 (3910 days ago) @ TTL Demag0gue

I did see the notification that you submitted a story. I'm going to go into the queue today and review the current submissions and push those that meet minimum guidelines out to public view. I'll let you know if yours doesn't meet the guidelines and, in that case, kick it back to you for revisions. :)

Cool, thanks!

Vale,
Perseus

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread