Cross platform gameplay (Gaming)

by Lawnmower172, Saturday, June 24, 2017, 15:54 (2507 days ago)

Rocket League and cross platform play

Hopefully that takes you to an article about cross platform gameplay. It's focused on Rocket League, but still interesting.

Cross platform gameplay

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, June 24, 2017, 16:17 (2507 days ago) @ Lawnmower172
edited by Korny, Saturday, June 24, 2017, 16:24

Hopefully that takes you to an article about cross platform gameplay. It's focused on Rocket League, but still interesting.

For any folks still wondering why Sony doesn't do crossplay with consoles (it does with PC), it's like this:

You have an Xbox. Your three other friends all have PS4, but you want to play with them. If the game that you want to play has cross-platform play, you have zero incentive to get a PS4, because you're not missing out on playing with the much larger install base.
With no crossplay, you are much more likely to buy a PS4 than your three friends are to buy Xbones just to play with you.

PS4 crossplays with PC because they are completely separate platforms targeting different demographics (plus, PC has the larger install base).

MS and Switch are way behind in sales, so it makes sense to have such an enticing feature; they both have way more to gain than they lose.

I hope Sony opens it up a bit (transferring characters is totally different than crossplay, for example), but unless they randomly start hemorrhaging players because of those few third-party games that support the feature, it's incredibly unlikely.

Cross platform gameplay

by bluerunner @, Music City, Saturday, June 24, 2017, 16:47 (2507 days ago) @ Korny

I really wish we could transfer players. My main hangup on getting a PS4 is that I don't want to have to worry about leveling up characters on both platforms.

Cross platform gameplay

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, June 24, 2017, 19:19 (2507 days ago) @ Korny

That's all well and good, and I can see how it makes good business sense. They should just be straight up and say that.

And they should probably put a leash on that fucking moron that out's there telling people that it's just because they want to protect the kids.

Cross platform gameplay

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Saturday, June 24, 2017, 19:27 (2507 days ago) @ Korny

For any folks still wondering why Sony doesn't do crossplay with consoles (it does with PC), it's like this:

You have an Xbox. Your three other friends all have PS4, but you want to play with them. If the game that you want to play has cross-platform play, you have zero incentive to get a PS4, because you're not missing out on playing with the much larger install base.
With no crossplay, you are much more likely to buy a PS4 than your three friends are to buy Xbones just to play with you.

PS4 crossplays with PC because they are completely separate platforms targeting different demographics (plus, PC has the larger install base).

MS and Switch are way behind in sales, so it makes sense to have such an enticing feature; they both have way more to gain than they lose.

I hope Sony opens it up a bit (transferring characters is totally different than crossplay, for example), but unless they randomly start hemorrhaging players because of those few third-party games that support the feature, it's incredibly unlikely.

Sony's got such a lead they don't need to innovate and they're not. Xbox One has gotten better and better since launch, and I think they're superior now (or soon will be) in every way except exclusives, which do matter.

Cross platform gameplay

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, June 24, 2017, 23:10 (2507 days ago) @ Kermit

Xbox One has gotten better and better since launch, and I think they're superior now (or soon will be) in every way except exclusives, which do matter.

Does the Xbox still show ads when you start it up to the dashboard? Then no, it's superior at all. For me that's deal breaker stuff and why I will never get one unless there's a countermeasure available.

Cross platform gameplay

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Saturday, June 24, 2017, 23:45 (2507 days ago) @ Cody Miller

You mean that one tiny banner ad that tells you there are new game with gold available or that there a new deals on games available? Meh, I barely notice it.

Cross platform gameplay

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, June 26, 2017, 09:44 (2506 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Almost all ads are related to Xbox Gold selections or game sales, so in that regard it's no different than the PS4 really. They simplified things. They got rid of sliding side panel--I forget what they called it--it was useful if you ever bothered to figure out how to use it, but it was never intuitive, and if you didn't use it frequently, it was a pain to deal with.

I find accessing apps is easier and the apps are better, as a rule. At key moments it's still obvious that PC user interface designers designed the Sony UI, whereas Microsoft seems designed first with the controller in mind. It's the little things, like the way you go to the top of bottom of the screen using the triggers, or the way you can rearrange your favorite tiles.

Plus, I'll be able to play versions of Crimson Skies and Halo Reach that play better than the originals, as well as Destiny 2 with the best game controller ever made.

Speaking of which!

by cheapLEY @, Monday, June 26, 2017, 11:24 (2506 days ago) @ Kermit

Did you ever get the Elite to work on PS4? I thought I recall you looking into it.

And also, did Claude ever get that PS4 Elite controller from Target?

Speaking of which!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, June 26, 2017, 12:31 (2506 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Did you ever get the Elite to work on PS4? I thought I recall you looking into it.

I did for about six months using this. It worked okay for a while until it didn't. Tried to reprogram it (that's not a figure of speech), but it's not worth the effort (the software is PC-only so I couldn't troubleshoot it at my leisure). As you would expect from devs who brag about having never touched a Mac, the interface is total shit circa Windows 95. Screw those guys.

And also, did Claude ever get that PS4 Elite controller from Target?

I'll let him answer but most reviewers said it was cheap, which it is, literally, compared to the Elite.

update

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, June 26, 2017, 12:42 (2506 days ago) @ Kermit

I did notice they have a new firmware update. Maybe I'll try that and see if it fixes things.

update

by cheapLEY @, Monday, June 26, 2017, 14:59 (2505 days ago) @ Kermit

I did notice they have a new firmware update. Maybe I'll try that and see if it fixes things.

I'd be curious to know. I like the PS4 controller better than the standard Xbox One controller, but I'd definitely switch to an Elite if I could.

As for that thing Claude ordered, I always forgot to look around for reviews. I was mainly just curious if it turned out to be a real product or not.

update

by Claude Errera @, Monday, June 26, 2017, 18:33 (2505 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I'd be curious to know. I like the PS4 controller better than the standard Xbox One controller, but I'd definitely switch to an Elite if I could.

As for that thing Claude ordered, I always forgot to look around for reviews. I was mainly just curious if it turned out to be a real product or not.

I finally got it, I never used it because all of the reviews were TERRIBLE, but I forgot to return it, so I still have it. It's still in a box. :(

tl:dr - I have no clue how good it is. Sorry.

update

by cheapLEY @, Monday, June 26, 2017, 18:49 (2505 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I finally got it, I never used it because all of the reviews were TERRIBLE, but I forgot to return it, so I still have it. It's still in a box. :(

tl:dr - I have no clue how good it is. Sorry.

lol, no worries. I really was just curious if it turned out to be a real thing or not. I looked up reviews after Kermit mentioned them earlier today, and I can't say I blame you. It sounds like a dumpster fire. I guess the price should have been a good indication of that.

update

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Tuesday, June 27, 2017, 10:07 (2505 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Lol. We should post reviews to the front page.

Cross platform gameplay

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, June 26, 2017, 11:32 (2506 days ago) @ Kermit

Almost all ads are related to Xbox Gold selections or game sales, so in that regard it's no different than the PS4 really.

I don't see any ads on the PS4 unless I go to the PSN store… in which case ads are appropriate.

Cross platform gameplay

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, June 26, 2017, 12:20 (2506 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Almost all ads are related to Xbox Gold selections or game sales, so in that regard it's no different than the PS4 really.

I don't see any ads on the PS4 unless I go to the PSN store… in which case ads are appropriate.

PS would do well to highlight their Plus games the way Microsoft does--alas, you have to go their crappy web site to see everything.

Cross platform gameplay

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, June 26, 2017, 17:54 (2505 days ago) @ Kermit

PS would do well to highlight their Plus games the way Microsoft does--alas, you have to go their crappy web site to see everything.

For Future reference-

Select the PS+ icon on the dashboard, then tap "down" to see a list of all the present and past free PS+ games that are available to you.

Cross platform gameplay

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Tuesday, June 27, 2017, 10:11 (2505 days ago) @ Cody Miller

It's better than it is on the PS3 (where it is literally the first thing it shows every time I turn it on) but I could have sworn it showed ads on the main crossbar thing on PS4. I'm traveling so I can't check for a while but like one notch to the left of start?

Cross platform gameplay

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, June 27, 2017, 10:39 (2505 days ago) @ Vortech

It's better than it is on the PS3 (where it is literally the first thing it shows every time I turn it on) but I could have sworn it showed ads on the main crossbar thing on PS4. I'm traveling so I can't check for a while but like one notch to the left of start?

If your PS4 is off completely and you turn it will start you on the "What's New" section, which CAN have ads on it. It can also have stuff like "Xenos earned a trophy"

These were the ads I was thinking of.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Wednesday, June 28, 2017, 15:38 (2503 days ago) @ Vortech

[image]

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, June 28, 2017, 16:00 (2503 days ago) @ Vortech

[image]

I don't see anything near close to that when I turn on the PS4. It starts in the menu pointed at the last thing I was using, which 99% of the time is the game you were playing.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, June 28, 2017, 16:06 (2503 days ago) @ Cody Miller

[image]

I don't see anything near close to that when I turn on the PS4. It starts in the menu pointed at the last thing I was using, which 99% of the time is the game you were playing.

I've got my Xbox set to open to the TV throughput, but I pretty sure it does essentially the same thing with its recent tiles, which would normally appear.

I had to go searching for them.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Wednesday, June 28, 2017, 16:49 (2503 days ago) @ Cody Miller

They're there, but you have to scroll down pretty far.

I had to go searching for them.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, June 28, 2017, 17:32 (2503 days ago) @ CyberKN

They're there, but you have to scroll down pretty far.

My point exactly. Since I never scroll down, I never see them. They don't exist as far as I am concerned.

Soooooooo... exactly like they don't exist on the One?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, June 28, 2017, 21:13 (2503 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Don't have an xbone...

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Wednesday, June 28, 2017, 22:44 (2503 days ago) @ ZackDark
edited by CyberKN, Wednesday, June 28, 2017, 22:55

...but every video I find on Youtube of the 2017 xbone dashboard shows a bunch of ads plastered over the right third of the home screen.

I DID have an Xbone...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, June 28, 2017, 23:27 (2503 days ago) @ CyberKN
edited by Korny, Wednesday, June 28, 2017, 23:35

...but every video I find on Youtube of the 2017 xbone dashboard shows a bunch of ads plastered over the right third of the home screen.

Yeah, despite the fanboys trying to sweep it under the rug, Microsoft has a long history of sticking ads on the dashboard.
[image]

And the Xbone was always pretty bad about this (there were articles about it from early on). I remember Verizon ads, stupid TV promos, military propaganda, and heck, early on there were video ads.

They've recently been pushing back on the ads, but last time I had an Xbone, they were still there on the main dashboard:
[image][image]
Have they changed? Possibly (though a guide as recent as five months ago gives a list of hoops that you can jump through to get rid of Xbone's ads). Sure sounds like they aren't as in-your-face about it, but those recent pics show that it's still on the first page that you see when you hit the Guide button.

On PS4, you not only have to go out of your way to find them, but as Vortech showed, they're showing you the free PS+ games, or pointing you to the weekly deals. But you never see them when you pull up the dash.

And it's funny that Deus Ex-loving Cody talks about sticking to PC gaming if ads become as annoying on PS4 as Xbone's, when one of the recent Deus Ex games had ads on the loading screens in the PC version:
[image]

I DID have an Xbone...

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, June 28, 2017, 23:42 (2503 days ago) @ Korny

And it's funny that Deus Ex-loving Cody talks about sticking to PC gaming if ads become as annoying on PS4 as Xbone's, when one of the recent Deus Ex games had ads on the loading screens in the PC version:
[image]

Wow, and I thought the old One dashboard was bad...

I DID have an Xbone...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, June 29, 2017, 00:19 (2503 days ago) @ Korny
edited by Cody Miller, Thursday, June 29, 2017, 00:23

Is that real? I played Human Revolution on the Mac and saw no ads during the load screens. That is gross and unacceptable. I am very happy I skipped Mankind Divided if that is happening in addition to the pay to win shit.

If I pay a single cent for a game, ads or anything that takes me out of the game are not allowed. Even things like Daedalic having a button for their Facebook page on the main menu in their newer games crosses the line. It's so simple to not mess this up.

I DID have an Xbone...

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, June 29, 2017, 05:57 (2503 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Is that real? I played Human Revolution on the Mac and saw no ads during the load screens. That is gross and unacceptable. I am very happy I skipped Mankind Divided if that is happening in addition to the pay to win shit.

If I pay a single cent for a game, ads or anything that takes me out of the game are not allowed. Even things like Daedalic having a button for their Facebook page on the main menu in their newer games crosses the line. It's so simple to not mess this up.

It's a real bummer that I'm never going to get to play Destiny 2 with you.

I DID have an Xbone...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, June 29, 2017, 07:55 (2503 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Why not the Beta?

I DID have an Xbone...

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, June 29, 2017, 09:30 (2503 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Why not the Beta?

I'll be on vacation during the beta.

I was just assuming you weren't going to play Destiny 2 at all. Destiny 1 had all of the things you hate, I'm not sure why you would expect Destiny 2 to be any different.

Also, I'm just giving you a hard time. I hope you do play Destiny 2, ultimatums or no.

I DID have an Xbone...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, June 29, 2017, 12:24 (2503 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I was just assuming you weren't going to play Destiny 2 at all. Destiny 1 had all of the things you hate, I'm not sure why you would expect Destiny 2 to be any different.

Also, I'm just giving you a hard time. I hope you do play Destiny 2, ultimatums or no.

The Beta is free. The Beta surely won't have Eververse. The beta won't have enough of the investment system to have a grind. These are all guesses, but I think they are good ones.

Nothing about the Beta seems objectionable.

I DID have an Xbone...

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, June 29, 2017, 05:55 (2503 days ago) @ Korny

Can you still just block the ad server on your network? That worked on the 360 for a long time--I just had blank boxes where the ads were supposed to be. I suspect they probably fixed that.

I DID have an Xbone...

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, June 29, 2017, 09:24 (2503 days ago) @ Korny

The only ads I see anymore are ads for the Gold featured games and maybe an upcoming game or sale, and at least half the time I WANT THAT INFORMATION.

Cross platform gameplay

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Monday, June 26, 2017, 19:37 (2505 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Xbox One has gotten better and better since launch, and I think they're superior now (or soon will be) in every way except exclusives, which do matter.

Does the Xbox still show ads when you start it up to the dashboard? Then no, it's superior at all. For me that's deal breaker stuff and why I will never get one unless there's a countermeasure available.

So in the choice between anticonsumer actions taken by a company you give a pass to blocking technically feasible cross-platform gameplay in favor of decrying advertisements?

What will you do when Sony follows suits with ads on their dash?

Cross platform gameplay

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, June 26, 2017, 21:00 (2505 days ago) @ narcogen

What will you do when Sony follows suits with ads on their dash?

Probably just get everything on PC / Mac.

Cross platform gameplay

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, June 24, 2017, 23:08 (2507 days ago) @ Lawnmower172

I don't know why Bungie doesn't sidestep this issue entirely by having your character platform agnostic. They are stored on the bungie.net servers… and any platform can connect to bungie.net… get it? So while you might not be able to do a raid with someone on PS4 when you are on XB1, at least you could take your character.

Cross platform gameplay

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Saturday, June 24, 2017, 23:40 (2507 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I don't know why Bungie doesn't sidestep this issue entirely by having your character platform agnostic. They are stored on the bungie.net servers… and any platform can connect to bungie.net… get it? So while you might not be able to do a raid with someone on PS4 when you are on XB1, at least you could take your character.

If they did that, I'd pick up D2 for PS4 AND PC. As it stands, I'll just X.B.O.X. it up.

Cross platform gameplay

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Monday, June 26, 2017, 07:32 (2506 days ago) @ kidtsunami

If they did that, I'd pick up D2 for PS4 AND PC. As it stands, I'll just X.B.O.X. it up.

If they did that I'd end up having D2 on all 3 platforms.

Cross platform gameplay

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, June 26, 2017, 08:15 (2506 days ago) @ dogcow

Me, too.

Cross platform gameplay

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, June 26, 2017, 20:38 (2505 days ago) @ Kermit

Me, too.

I don't have a gaming PC, but I'd certainly buy D2 on both consoles. As it stands now, I'll only be buying the PS4 version.

Cross platform gameplay

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Monday, June 26, 2017, 19:46 (2505 days ago) @ Cody Miller

You don't think Sony and Activision's promotional agreements specifically prohibit this?

There may not be a feature-parity agreement, but there functionally appears to be a content one; Sony gets its own time-exclusive content (so timed as to drop on Xbox long past it being remotely relevant to the game) and the Xbox platform gets nothing Sony doesn't get. Almost as if it was an obligation.

I'd push someone to answer whether or not Bungie could and would be allowed to enable cross-platform PVE play between PC and Xbox. There's only one platform holder to please there, Microsoft. Forget issues of fairness, let's presume nobody cares.

Could Bungie do that if they wanted to?

If they don't, why don't they want to? Is protecting issues like the integrity of strike scoring really worth preventing people from playing together and having fun, or at least migrating characters between two MS platforms, or being platform-agnostic with regard to characters on Xbox and PC?

I'm guessing Bungie won't do this because they can't. I'm guessing it is because Sony gets to have everything Bungie can offer, and MS is not allowed to get anything Sony does not have.

Since Sony does not want cross-platform anything as that only helps competing platform-owners, Bungie cannot give to MS what Sony does not want for itself.

That's my theory.

Cross platform gameplay

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, June 26, 2017, 21:05 (2505 days ago) @ narcogen

You don't think Sony and Activision's promotional agreements specifically prohibit this?

I've heard nothing regarding any agreement as such. So no.

I'd push someone to answer whether or not Bungie could and would be allowed to enable cross-platform PVE play between PC and Xbox. There's only one platform holder to please there, Microsoft. Forget issues of fairness, let's presume nobody cares.

No they won't. They have said PC balance will be separate from consoles. Therefore, no compatibility.

Could Bungie do that if they wanted to?

Nope, see above.

If they don't, why don't they want to?

Because balancing PC separately outweighs this.

I'm guessing Bungie won't do this because they can't.

They won't do it because they don't want to, nor is it a good idea.

That's my theory.

Spinfoil hat. It's more mundane than that.

Cross platform gameplay

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Tuesday, June 27, 2017, 06:31 (2505 days ago) @ Cody Miller

That's my theory.

Spinfoil hat. It's more mundane than that.

You may very well be right. On the other hand, I can also imagine that if such contractual agreements exist, they almost certainly stipulate non-disclosure of their existence. This isn't even particularly odd, and I can say so from personal experience.

So the fact that no one has told you about this doesn't necessarily make it not so. I realize that makes the argument entirely circular/

But if it is more mundane than that, then it's also much dumber than that.

There is no reasonable "balance issue" I can think of to prevent people from either using the same characters across Destiny for Windows and Destiny for Xbox. Scoring and competition are simply nowhere near relevant enough, not compared to having to split up groups because of platform issues, or force people to buy multiple copies. I've already bought Destiny 1 and its DLC three times for god's sake.

I could see framerate being a technical issue that might go beyond mere balancing, and if it's that, I'd love for them to just say so-- but that would in no way prevent character-sharing.

Anything less than this is frankly spiteful.

Cross platform gameplay

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, June 27, 2017, 08:40 (2505 days ago) @ narcogen

There is no reasonable "balance issue" I can think of to prevent people from either using the same characters across Destiny for Windows and Destiny for Xbox.

I thought you were talking about cross playform co-op. As in, simultaneous play with someone on the PC and Xbox. As far as just characters being platform agnostic, this is probably true, although what if things like drop rates were adjusted? Then you could gear up faster on one platform, and transfer to the other. Or maybe certain perk combinations are removed on one platform only. Only thing I can think of that they might object to.

Cross platform gameplay

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, June 27, 2017, 12:25 (2505 days ago) @ Cody Miller

There is no reasonable "balance issue" I can think of to prevent people from either using the same characters across Destiny for Windows and Destiny for Xbox.

I thought you were talking about cross playform co-op. As in, simultaneous play with someone on the PC and Xbox. As far as just characters being platform agnostic, this is probably true, although what if things like drop rates were adjusted? Then you could gear up faster on one platform, and transfer to the other. Or maybe certain perk combinations are removed on one platform only. Only thing I can think of that they might object to.

Has that ever happened with Destiny on a single platform? They definitely can handle different item availability on different platforms with the same character. They already have. I didn't have the same exclusive items on both the Xbox One and the 360. The item simply wasn't there on the platform that didn't have access to it. There was some weirdness sometimes (it wouldn't actually replace a missing ship, for example, and you'd have an invisible ship), but it caused no problems.

Cross platform gameplay

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Tuesday, June 27, 2017, 12:55 (2505 days ago) @ Kermit

Has that ever happened with Destiny on a single platform? They definitely can handle different item availability on different platforms with the same character. They already have. I didn't have the same exclusive items on both the Xbox One and the 360. The item simply wasn't there on the platform that didn't have access to it. There was some weirdness sometimes (it wouldn't actually replace a missing ship, for example, and you'd have an invisible ship), but it caused no problems.

Wait, there were times when the 360 & xb1 had different content (buns, ships, shaders, whatever) available for the same character? I never knew this was a thing.

Cross platform gameplay

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, June 27, 2017, 12:59 (2505 days ago) @ dogcow

Wait, there were times when the 360 & xb1 had different content (buns, ships, shaders, whatever) available for the same character? I never knew this was a thing.

I bought the collectors edition for one but not the other. I forget the details now, but one platform didn't register ownership for some of the extras. I assume that the same thing could've happened between the PS3 and PS4.

Cross platform gameplay

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, June 27, 2017, 13:09 (2505 days ago) @ Kermit

Has that ever happened with Destiny on a single platform?

No, but until now every platform had a controller as input. The keyboard and mouse changes everything. So a perk combination may be fine on XBox, but way overpowered when you have the precision on a PC.

Cross platform gameplay

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, June 27, 2017, 13:26 (2504 days ago) @ Cody Miller

No, but until now every platform had a controller as input. The keyboard and mouse changes everything. So a perk combination may be fine on XBox, but way overpowered when you have the precision on a PC.

You're speculating. Even if the perks are different, what makes that different from anything else that isn't available on another platform? If I had an emblem equipped on the 360 that I couldn't access on the Xbone, it just substituted another emblem when I opened the character.

You're implying that there's a difference that gives an advantage. Pure speculation.

Cross platform gameplay

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Tuesday, June 27, 2017, 18:40 (2504 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Even if it were true, it means absolutely nothing for PVE.

Besides, isn't Microsoft going to be adding mouse and keyboard support at some point?

Cross platform gameplay

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Tuesday, June 27, 2017, 18:38 (2504 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Talking about both.

I can see NO reason whatsoever for not allowing characters to be shared between PC and Xbox Destiny.

I can see precious little justification for not allowing at least some co-op PVE between the two platforms.

Rate drops? Why would Bungie adjust rate drops across platforms? They've struggled for 3 years to balance both PVE and PVP by using the same weapons and stats, and you think they're suddenly going to start changing drop rates on a per-platform basis?

Sounds like a big stretch.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread