Calling all D2 PC players (and Claude) (Destiny)

by biggy ⌂ @, Tinseltown, Friday, June 30, 2017, 20:34 (2512 days ago)

DBO has an "official" Discord server for people with good platform taste.
Invitation!

See ya'll during the beta and in October!

I'm excited

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Friday, June 30, 2017, 21:14 (2512 days ago) @ biggy

To see how well this runs on my PC.

I'm not excited to see comments like this:
"for people with good platform taste."

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Same.

by Funkmon @, Saturday, July 01, 2017, 05:24 (2512 days ago) @ kidtsunami

- No text -

I'm excited

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Saturday, July 01, 2017, 12:45 (2511 days ago) @ kidtsunami
edited by Vortech, Saturday, July 01, 2017, 12:50

I guess it is ice that it's better than when people adopt the language of Nazis all the time for this sentiment.

I like wood platforms. Does that count?

by Claude Errera @, Saturday, July 01, 2017, 20:48 (2511 days ago) @ biggy

- No text -

Depends on what kind of wood

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, July 01, 2017, 20:53 (2511 days ago) @ Claude Errera

If you like MDF platforms, for instance, you're clearly mental and do not care for the safety of your loved ones.

Bricks are better! Hit your head on them, coins pop out!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, July 01, 2017, 21:22 (2511 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Or just stars. :P

What is wrong with the forum?

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Tuesday, July 04, 2017, 17:34 (2508 days ago) @ biggy
edited by Pyromancy, Tuesday, July 04, 2017, 18:16

What is wrong with the forum as a communication tool? (I know it has its shortfalls) Just trying to guess here. Is the reasoning to take advantage of Discords audio chat client? (don't even know if they have one or if it would run in the background during the game running in the foreground)

I've been thinking about possibly getting the PC version of Destiny/Destiny 2 ever since it was rumored years back. The problem is I don't have a capable PC. I've been dreaming of building one for over a decade but can never find myself taking the time or the money to actually pull it off. If I build one I want to go all in and do it right and make it top notch, not cheap out and revise it every 3 mo. (this is tricky since the hardware market turns over very quickly)

I'll probably buy the PC version anyway to have a copy on hand but I feel like I'm running out of time now for a proper build on Day 1 at this point. I'm also cautiously awaiting PC Beta reviews. The standalone console is just simpler and more straightforward in many ways and a nice TV can in a way provide more bang for the buck since it can be multi purposed entertainment. I picked up a new TV months back (TV manufacturers year end closeout). I'll be sticking with PS4 I think, but with the new TV I have been thinking alot about the choice between PS4 Pro and the Xbox Scorpio. I don't want to lose the great PS4 crew, the exclusives, or the veteran achieved Triumph emblems. On the other hand it would be the optimal time to switch to Xbox/PC since it should be native 4K and practically nothing in game is carrying over (as far as we know at this point - leaving it open for surprises). I've always been a little jealous that the Xbox crew (and my old friends list) seems to be more plentiful and they would be a fun group to play with.

I just don't want to see the PC community split or splinter off into an exclusive sub group that isn't experienced by all. (For all I know there already are exclusive friend groups/chats/messaging methods that I am not included in...)

What is wrong with the forum?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, July 04, 2017, 18:13 (2508 days ago) @ Pyromancy

AFAIK, Battle.net does not provide an audio party chat system. Discord would then be a good substitute (yes, it does allow background chat while the game is in focus, hell, it even has an game overlay). I, for one, welcome the initiative, though it might get a bit messy if we can't create and delete audio channels on whim.

Q: isn't the hotline server still up?

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, July 04, 2017, 20:14 (2508 days ago) @ Pyromancy

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread